Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I look to get some traffic??

• 20-07-2011 10:04pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, I have a website (see sig) and I want to try to attract some traffic via paid methods. I'm pretty new to all this cpc and cpm etc etc so any advice would be appreciated. I don't have a huge amount of money for this and I'm wondering where would be the best place to get traffic - ideally I'd like to find other Irish sites and put banners on them etc. I can potentially set up an affiliate program too and share the profits with the person who send the traffic etc. I was also thinking if I can find people who have a userbase that they send monthly newsletters etc too - it might be a good idea to try to get my site on something like that.

I'm just trying to brainstorm at the moment and out together a plan, so any tips or advice from you guys in anything to do with the whole online advertising game!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭ivanc

Zascar wrote: »
    So, I have a website (see sig)

Linky no worky!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh! Thanks for the heads up! Dam link shortening services, Grrrrr! Fixed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iphone999

I have a few websites myself.
    Would you be interested in swapping banners.
    I can also provide an affiliate link to my website.
    Let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

Seriously?

Don't be baiting people into a semi link farm scheme, its very silly.

Zascar

Paid search is, at a basic level, fairly straight forward. However, you're in a very competitive parish so it might take a few quid/a while.

Anyway, not to come empty handed.. PM me with some details.

I have a pdf of a book on paid search (550pgs). It's really interesting. Honest you wont glaze over. If you read that you will probably be able to give it a shot yourself.

C

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

iphone999 wrote: »
    I have a few websites myself.
    Would you be interested in swapping banners.
    I can also provide an affiliate link to my website.
    Let me know
    Thanks, not really interested in swapping banners, I don't plan to have any advertising on my site for the foreseeable future. I could go and use google adwords to get paid traffic but I wanted to see if I can do find Irish sites where I can purchase advertising space etc. As I said I'm new to this so looking for advice
    IRE60 wrote: »
    Don't be baiting people into a semi link farm scheme, its very silly.

IRE60 I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I think you've got the wrong end of the stick...

Jasus, sorry Zascar. That comment wasn't directed at you. It was more a warning to you! Communication what? ps I went sent (private education my bo11ox) you a reply to the PM

C

Ahhh ok, sorry, my mistake..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

A great way is to use the Google Content Network, run some ads try and spend as much as you can afford on an initial test. Make sure to target the site to Ireland in the settings.

Then once the test has gone for a few days review the content sites on which your site was published, and cherry pick the Irish ones which look good, then go and look at those sites and see if they offer alternative advertising methods from Google Adsense.

Note that independently advertising on Sites on the google Adsense network is against googles usage policy, so you should remove from your google advertising any website which you have chosen to advertise independently on. However you are unlikely to get anything more than a slap on the wrist if you risk double advertising on any sites which are working well for you.

Lindsay

Advertisement