Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heatwave coming

• 20-07-2011 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Looking at the weather tonight this weekend and next week look very warm. In fairness the guy over in the weather section in his daily forecast predicted it last about 10 days ago.

Think I will cut the remainder of my hay tomo evening;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

High pressure in over the country by end of next week. Suncream time.
    From;
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

from above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Bl**dy typical - just when I'm office-bound all week:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

pakalasa wrote: »
    High pressure in over the country by end of next week. Suncream time.
    From;
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/

I've hay to make, when will I mow?

(On you're head be it!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

raining here this morning:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

super grey and drizzle here this morning,dear god let the sun shine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Going by them weather maps you should be cutting next wed / thurs if aiming for hay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

OP, what do you call a heatwave, would the temp say be above 37 degrees celcius for 7 or more days straight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emaherx

old_aussie wrote: »
    OP, what do you call a heatwave, would the temp say be above 37 degrees celcius for 7 or more days straight?
    Irish definition of heat wave is slightly lower than that.
    If you don't need a jumper for 3 days straight its a heat wave here.:D

old_aussie wrote: »

Irish Heatwave = Weather forecaster says there will be 7 days of temps in the mid 20s but in reality we get 2 days of 20 degrees :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

try this site yr.no
    mow now and leave it unturned for these few dry but dead days then next Mon turn and bale Wed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

im waiting............... hopefully

try this site yr.no
    mow now and leave it unturned for these few dry but dead days then next Mon turn and bale Wed

I would not agree to that approach to getting hay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

emaherx wrote: »
    Irish definition of heat wave is slightly lower than that.
    If you don't need a jumper for 3 days straight its a heat wave here.:D

Thats exactly what I would call it.

I might be a bit optimistic with calling it a Heat wave but some warm weather coming. Hopefully:)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Here's hoping we get that heatwave. It's been a terrible summer so far in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Doesn't look like its going to happen, hopefully it will shine out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0722/weather.html

rain all about the place this am -still at least its not freezing!!!!

flatout11 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0722/weather.html

rain all about the place this am -still at least its not freezing!!!!

Lovely morning here. but I was well P****s off when i saw the weather forecast last night. It was like I was in a different country than the forecast they has been predicting two nights earlier. On wed night they sdaid a week of warm dry weather. Now its going to be showery.

Allot of lads here have hay cut. Looks like it will get rain on Sunday night/ Monday now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Would love to see it, but I would doubt we'll see anything more than 2-3 days. Better late than never, but it's late for hay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Cracker of a day in Meath today. Had a 2 1/2 hour training session this afternoon and the sweat was running out of me. Long may it last!

Cracker of a day in Meath today. Had a 2 1/2 hour training session!

:eek:

we started at half 3 and heard the angelus bell and thought we better wrap up then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭stanflt

we started at half 3 and heard the angelus bell and thought we better wrap up then :D

what are you training for and which club

stanflt wrote: »
    what are you training for and which club

Hopefully a non contact sport for that length! Golf would be ok:D

Actually its ultimate frisbee. I'm playing for Ireland this summer at the World Ultimate Beach Championships in Italy.

In case you dont know this video gives an idea of what its like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq3pg0JcJSI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭stanflt

Actually its ultimate frisbee. I'm playing for Ireland this summer at the World Ultimate Beach Championships in Italy.

In case you dont know this video gives an idea of what its like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq3pg0JcJSI

where in meath

Athboy

stanflt wrote: »
    where in meath

If its on the beach in Meath it can't be too far from you Stanflt!

Interesting looking sport. The fast twitch muscles would be well tested.

• Advertisement

Athboy

Fraine bog and a frisbee! A match made in heaven:)

haha! yep ya can bate it!:D

Bizzum wrote: »
    If its on the beach in Meath it can't be too far from you Stanflt!

Interesting looking sport. The fast twitch muscles would be well tested.

its normally played & a side on grass which is what we were at today but it can also be played on sand 5-a-side. Tough as fook running on soft sand!

its all about anarobic fitness. lost of sprints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Rain in Letterkenny today.

Rain in Letterkenny today.
    noooooooooooooooooooooooo... thats where we are heading:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

It was raining at 6am this moring when I was out for a spin on the bike. But when I got home it was dry. The forecast looks pretty good until saturday at least. Have a small bit of silage to do - the ground itself isn't wet, but its wet to get to it so I'm hoping it'll dry enough by tomorrow to get to it and dry even further by friday to get the bales home with the bale trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

reilig wrote: »
    It was raining at 6am this moring when I was out for a spin on the bike. But when I got home it was dry. The forecast looks pretty good until saturday at least. Have a small bit of silage to do - the ground itself isn't wet, but its wet to get to it so I'm hoping it'll dry enough by tomorrow to get to it and dry even further by friday to get the bales home with the bale trailer.

this weather is a real teaser - have a few acres of hay still to make - should have been knocked last week but this bloody weather is so dull and sticky its hard to know whether to go or not. Yesterday and today wouldn't do much on it no matter how often it was tossed up. It'd be great to get a couple of lively sunny days.

to knock or not to knock - that is the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

whelan1 wrote: »
    noooooooooooooooooooooooo... thats where we are heading:rolleyes:

no rain now :D stopped at around 10:30am

reilig wrote: »

It depends which weather forecast you look at Reilig. Wednesday looks like it could be wet now. But Thursday & Friday look more promising although there is a risk of showers too.

Pity they cant be a bit more definite. They are changing it bu the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 centre 13

Bloody disgrace..heatwave forecast by excited weather man last wed and Thurs..for today onwards..nothing only cloud and drizzle round here

not long home but the amount of hay/ silage on the ground is unreal.. there weather forecast people have alot to answer for... over cast here now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

not long home but the amount of hay/ silage on the ground is unreal.. there weather forecast people have alot to answer for... over cast here now

Just after cancelling our hotel for our weekend away this weekend. Silage mowed on tuesday. It pi$$ed yesterday. Ground is wet, grass is wet. Was supposed to bale tomorrow, Put the baler back until sunday now!!

yea the same around here. everyone with a hay meadow left knocked it last thursday/ friday my self included. Hay in S***e after the rain Wednesday which wasnt forecasted.
    They got it very wrong this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emaherx

We were more lucky. Just got finnished baling 100 bales on wednesday when the sky opened. Hay was in perfect condition. :P

Advertisement