Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spare parts for Stihl Brushcutter/Strimmers

Options
  • 20-07-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a shop that stocks spare parts for a Stihl Brushcutter. This is a large strimmer with two handles. My local shop where the strimmer was bought dont keep spare parts and it will take them weeks to order it. They will only place an order when they have enough customers waiting on parts!. If there were any shops maybe in Dublin, then I might be able to get the part myself, THanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Your local authorised Stihl stockist/agent should be able to help you. Where are you based? Go to Origo website to find details of agents.

Here's one in Dublin, Chainsaw Services, KCR Industrial Estate, Dublin 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

If you just want the parts and are able to do the fitting yourself go on line. I just bought new baldes for my stihl hedge trimmer and these genuine parts were bought on a popular auction site for less than half of what a local stihl dealer wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 morg

Hi, what parts are you after? If its common enough replacement bits then I'd say The Garden Shop in Cabinteely would have them in stock. They have loads of broken machines lying around which they sometimes use for parts. Usually wait 2 days on any other new parts from the distributor. PH 01 285 1469

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bernieobr

Thank you to all who replied. I left the order with my local Stihl dealer on Thurs 21st and he assured me he would have it by Tues 26th. It is now Sunday 31st and I will be lucky if he has it this coming Tuesday. All I am looking for is the black plastic part that hold the strimmer wire so I will follow up on all your suggestions if I have no luck locally on Tuesday. Thanks again,.

Advertisement