Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband deals letterkenny

Options
  • 20-07-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Does anyone know of best deasl for broadband - on vodafone at minute and it is 50 per month for phone and broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

where abouts do you live? some can be area specific

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Are you talking about fixed line (DSL) broadband or mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

katemc wrote: »
    Does anyone know of best deasl for broadband - on vodafone at minute and it is 50 per month for phone and broadband

I just Joined Vodafone paying €40 PM thats up to 8Mb broadband / free landline calls / 30 min vodafone mobile, I live 6km from my nearest exchange and get 1.7mb constantly which is good compaired to others...

If your in a majorish town I'd recommend Smart or if rural area Vodafone, thats fixed line of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I'd say aim for "Acceptable" rather than a "Deal". Letterkenny's broadband options are pretty slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was going with smart but they too over 6 weeks so I cancelled and decided to move my old acc up here, vodafone.

I was getting the full 8Mb Down and .5Mb up, 120Gb allowance, so hoping for same results here, will let ya know when it's installed, they had voice active in a week so BB should follow soon. Above package was €45 with some phone extras and free minutes, I don't use the phone so not really sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

I just Joined Vodafone paying €40 PM thats up to 8Mb broadband / free landline calls / 30 min vodafone mobile, I live 6km from my nearest exchange and get 1.7mb constantly which is good compaired to others...

If your in a majorish town I'd recommend Smart or if rural area Vodafone, thats fixed line of course.

1.7 MB download speed on a speedtest? If so that's pretty awful for an 8MB package. You should complain!

#Daniel wrote: »
    1.7 MB download speed on a speedtest? If so that's pretty awful for an 8MB package. You should complain!

ewwwww thats a link to an eircom site, my computer feels all dirty now

http://www.speedtest.net/

haha

have 7mb wimax package and just got this result

1395823663.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

#Daniel wrote: »

Really, like i said im on an amber line 6km from my nearest exchange, up to 8mb is now the lowest you can get with vodafone, i was only getting 0.8 with eircom up untill i switched. See this thread. I'm fairly chuffed with 1.7!

I'm hoping for 8 but doubt it, 3-4MB would do grand :) really depends what ya use it for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

danniemcq wrote: »
    haha

have 7mb wimax package and just got this result

1395823663.png

Thats a sweet speed test result, i'd like me some of that how much are you paying for that ?

35 a month, its not always that good though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

€20 a month for mine from 3, supposed to be 7mbps but the best I usually get is around 5mb

1400126308.png

danniemcq wrote: »
    35 a month, its not always that good though!
    Harps wrote: »
    €20 a month for mine from 3, supposed to be 7mbps but the best I usually get is around 5mb

Have you guys got mobile or DSL broadband ?

Ive got Vodafone mobile usb its a heap of rubbish it's slow and at e30 per month it's such a bad deal.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1400145211.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

This is mine, €20 for 25gb allowance per month. As with any mobile broadband its not totally reliable but doesnt cause too many problems and speed is usually perfectly fine

http://www.three.ie/shop/offers/e1750-black-prepay-offer.html?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=shop-panel1-e1750-outlet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Have you guys got mobile or DSL broadband ?

Ive got Vodafone mobile usb its a heap of rubbish it's slow and at e30 per month it's such a bad deal.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1400145211.png

If you haven't already, you might want to look at this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056201510

Cheers for that mate, i might switch my provider when my contract is up with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

happy wi-max customer

1401211287.png

hang on? 2 happy wimax customers??? in the same area??? are we the only users?!

Out of curriousity where in letterkenny are you based puddles are you near the post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

no am up in lismonaghan , get mostly high speeds most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I was with wiimax in Letterkenny for a while but i fell out with there customer support so went off to eircom..big mistake! it took me 4 months to get my broadband & line installed.. (& i didnt want or need a phoneline in the first place)..then they hit me with all sorts of installation charges..
    I would stick with the mobile dongles.. but there no use for PS3 & so no good to me!

Sorry to drag this up but finally I have internet :pac::pac:

Vodafone ISP
    €45 p/m
    300GB Allowance

1415697718.png

1415702658.png

Pretty good speeds and high allowance but VF can be terrible if there are problems, so I suppose once ya dont need customer service your fine :D

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    went off to eircom..big mistake! it took me 4 months to get my broadband & line installed.. (& i didnt want or need a phoneline in the first place)

Same story here only it was about 4 years ago i signed up with eircom, a month later i still had no broadband so i canceled the contract with them. I cant understand why eircom hate there customers :D

I really hope the market continues to open up to new competitors and eircom gets squeezed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Same story here only it was about 4 years ago i signed up with eircom, a month later i still had no broadband so i canceled the contract with them. I cant understand why eircom hate there customers :D

I really hope the market continues to open up to new competitors and eircom gets squeezed out.
    Me too.. i have yet to deal with worse customer support than those at eircom.. i had one who couldnt stop giggling at my scottish accent...literally couldnt stop .. & one who answered by asking me was it snowing "up there".. another one who im certain was drunk ..... & they were the good ones!

After working in customer care I realised, the mood of the rep will determine the level of actual customer care you get, catch someone on a bad day n your not gonna get anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can we please stick to the topic - "Best Broadband deals Letterkenny"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

1417835495.png

Safe to say 3 is not the best Broadband deal in Letterkenny.This is actually one of my better results.

Dongle? F**kin hate those things!!

muffler wrote: »
    Can we please stick to the topic - "Best Broadband deals Letterkenny"

surely you could argue that broadband deal would mean the entire package inc customer care and after sales or trouble with install.

For example, When i was in Galway i had nothing but horrible horrible customer care with NTL and would NEVER recommend them to a friend, instead i'd often recommend (and eventually) got digiweb i think. NOt as quick but anytime anything went wrong i didn't have to stay on hold for an hour.

Its one of the reasons i recommend wimax!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

dinorebel wrote: »
    1417835495.png

Safe to say 3 is not the best Broadband deal in Letterkenny.This is actually one of my better results.

...and in other news, Limerick is less than 50 miles from Letterkenny.

Advertisement