Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do many people here post in the Computers & Technology forum?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Just curious....

Edit: Can everyone see the results of this poll? (after they have voted?)

How often to you post in Computers & Technology? 19 votes

More often than B&U (Building & Upgrading)
    0% 0 votes
    About as often as I post in B&U.
    10% 2 votes
    Less often than posting in B&U.
    26% 5 votes
    Rarely / Never.
    63% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

Results are hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Balls. Can Any mods out there adjust this so that it shows the results after a person has voted? Not a fan of polls where you can see the results before you have voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Results are still hidden apparently. Couldn't see them before or after voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I go there now and again, but this place is getting very busy lately so it takes a lot of time to just get through this much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

rarely I suppose. I read in there occasionally but seldom post.

besides, everyone knows B&U is the 1337 corner of computing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah read it occasionally, but rarely post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Balls. Can Any mods out there adjust this so that it shows the results after a person has voted? Not a fan of polls where you can see the results before you have voted.

Nope, only options are perma-hidden, hidden until poll closes or always visible :(

Looks like we'll find out next year - but the people who post here now mightn't even be here.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Nope, only options are perma-hidden, hidden until poll closes or always visible :(
    What's perma-hidden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

As in only the person who makes the poll can see the results I assume.

• Advertisement

Just gonna bump this for today, and maybe later I'll stick up a pick of the results or Solitare can make it public for everyone to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    besides, everyone knows B&U is the 1337 corner of computing.

I guess that makes Overclocking & Modding teh über 1337.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Just checked, I have 228 posts in B&U, 128 in C&T and 10 in O&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Results are hidden, you secretive git!

Only because I didn't want people to see the results before they voted! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

do many people read the overclocking forum, i post away to myself there :D

O & M has very little traffic (new threads, replies etc) compared to here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I should just post overclocking temp questions here! It does seem very quiet, only good ole sink is around

I should just post overclocking temp questions here!
    One of the reasons for this poll!

while I think comp & technology and pc upgrading forums should be separate, the OC forum might be bundled in here

• Advertisement

while I think comp & technology and pc upgrading forums should be separate, the OC forum might be bundled in here

I was going to suggest, from looking at the topics on C &T, that there should be a divide between hardware and software.

My reason for this (and the poll) was as follows. If I have a hardware-related topic I'd like to share, which has nothing to do with building, upgrading or overclocking, then the last place I would want to post it is Computers & Technology. Why? Because I don't trust them.

The regulars (and non-regulars) who post in B&U generally follow hardware and, from my persepective, have a better overall knowledge of hardware than the regulars in C&T. I would prefer to be able to have a discussion on an aspect of computer hardware with the regulars around here. However, I know that if I post in C&T, none of them would see it and the discussion would just fizzle out rather quickly.

The overclocking and moddding forum is dead most of the time. I haven't the skillz/resources/want to mod but I do like to see people's pictures. Many just post their overclocking questions as part of their building thread or on other forums. Any extreme overclockers would use the international sites as it's just not that big here.

1zgrvr9.jpg

Advertisement