Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP disputing car insurance settlement!

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for people's advice because my insurance company are being fairly useless in telling me what's happening. I was in a collision last November, with approx 1200 euro damage done to each car and no injuries thank God. After a loooong dispute, the TP insurer wrote to my insurer saying that they would pay the full costs. That was April. I was given my NCB back and was waiting for my 300 euro excess when I got a solicitor's letter from the TP this week. This letter was also sent to my insurer and basically demands that I concede liability or they'll take it to court. My insurer are faffing around with me but have said that they will 'weigh the economics' and, if the cost of sending a few solicitor's letters will be too much, they will pay partial costs!!
    Can the TP do this???As far as I was concerned the insurance company own the claim so you surely can't go against them and take the other insurer and policy holder to court?!
    I'm so mad that this is still going on- does anyone know anything about these matters??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You have successfully posted in the Motors forum in the past. Why on earth did you post this in the forum for new boards.ie users to ask questions about the site?

Please post in the correct forum in future.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement