Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearly killed on the Ardkeen Stores Roundabout

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Could some one tell me who is correct here?

I was cycling on the Tramore Road, heading towards town. I reach the Ring Road and stop, I had indicated I was turning right. a car pulls up on my right . We both head off together and I get slightly ahead at which point the car heads straight. I am clipped but do not fall off.

I know the outside lane at the roundabout is straight and turn right.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.223807,-7.127439&spn=0.002028,0.005322&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=52.223927,-7.127387&panoid=WVjscAVBxV8I1zds_uvhZQ&cbp=12,356.86,,0,22.12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

Yeah i know where you are talking about. It sounds like he crossed over behind you. He was wrong.

Since he clipped you, and you being a cyclist, he was definitely in the wrong. In this case i think you may have certain entitlements............
    (you know the rest i'm sure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Chiparus wrote: »

I was cycling on the Tramore Road, heading towards town. I reach the Ring Road and stop, I had indicated I was turning right. a car pulls up on my right . We both head off together and I get slightly ahead at which point the car heads straight. I am clipped but do not fall off.

I'm a bit confused. If you were turning right, surely you should have been in the right hand lane, and the guy going straight should be in the left-hand lane.

If I understand you correctly, you were both in the wrong lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.223807,-7.127439&spn=0.002028,0.005322&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=52.223927,-7.127387&panoid=WVjscAVBxV8I1zds_uvhZQ&cbp=12,356.86,,0,22.12

What lane were you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

dayshah wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused. If you were turning right, surely you should have been in the right hand lane, and the guy going straight should be in the left-hand lane.

If I understand you correctly, you were both in the wrong lane.

No I think on that roundabout the right lane is for straight ahead (like the tesco ardkeen one). But from the description given it does sound to me like the poster was in the left hand lane and therefore in the wrong.

• Advertisement

I was on a bike on the inside of the right hand lane, stopped waiting for the traffic to clear so I could turn right.

A car pulls up to the stop line to my right.

We take off about the same time - my intention is to turn right, his is to go straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I was on a bike on the inside of the right hand lane, stopped waiting for the traffic to clear so I could turn right.

A car pulls up to the stop line to my right.

We take off about the same time - my intention is to turn right, his is to go straight.

So in a way you 'shared' the right hand lane?

In which case he was in the wrong, but for your own safety you should be in the middle of the particular lane, so you would be blocking any car coming from behind.

Yea I agree , the change from the inside to outside lane approaching a roundabout for going straight just adds to the confusion, same issue coming up to the roundabout at the hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

On the outer ring road last friday i got overtaken by a car while i was in the outside lane indicating to turn right at the airport roundabout :mad:
    Couldnt believe it, i had to swerve a little on the line bordering the inside lane or he would have gone in the back of me. I'd say there's 2 yards max between the Concrete wall and the continous white line on the outside lane. He then skidded turning off the second exit on the roundabout he was still going so fast.

Most dangerous driving i've ever seen.

Advertisement