Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven baked sweet potato fries

Options
  • 21-07-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any good recipes for them? I used a Donal Skehan recipe the last couple of times and although tasty, they either char too much or else stay all soggy! I can't get them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Any recommendations would be great! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

faigs wrote: »
    Anyone got any good recipes for them? I used a Donal Skehan recipe the last couple of times and although tasty, they either char too much or else stay all soggy! I can't get them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Any recommendations would be great! :)

I just use the same technique as for regular potatoes: parboil for a few minutes (makes it soft on the inside), dry thoroughly, coat with olive oil (makes it crispy on the outside) and seasoning, and bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

About how big do you cut them, 1 cm x 1cm x 7cm? like steakhouse chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    About how big do you cut them, 1 cm x 1cm x 7cm? like steakhouse chips?

To your own tastes, I suppose. I like my chips thicker than the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I never par boil them

Just cut bout 1cm square, toss in oil, then onto tray and cook til brown and chewy.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I've heard good things about using rapeseed oil instead of olive..

• Advertisement
Advertisement