Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquastrap / Bellseal - Where to buy in Ireland?

• 21-07-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm fitting a new shower tray early next week and came accross Aquastrap/Bellseal. It looks like a handy alternative to silicone.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that sells the stuff? I'm in Galway, we have a B&Q and Woodies here. Tomorrow i'll check the smaller places around the city.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I'm fitting a new shower tray early next week and came accross Aquastrap/Bellseal. It looks like a handy alternative to silicone.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that sells the stuff? I'm in Galway, we have a B&Q and Woodies here. Tomorrow i'll check the smaller places around the city.

Cheers :)

Another, more commonly used would be classi seal and if your google it you will come up with suppliers, for my own build, I needed 2.5mts and 3.0mts seal and sourced them of eBay/uk for half the price of here. Not much good though at short notice.

Ps absolutely no connection to the above company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

They are not an alternative to silicone. You still will need to silicone.

At short notice any plumbers suppliers does its version of it. All that is required is that its made of bitumen.

If you have not bought the tray yet best to try get a tray with an upstand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Josa

Aquastrap is not made of bitumen, the black adhesive tape is a butyl compound.

Aquastrap is manufactured in Dublin by Sealux Limited

Tubs & Tiles / Heatmerchants sell Aquastrap in Galway

Advertisement