Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**** Engine rebuilder for NSR 80

• 21-07-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

as above

I am looking for some1 that will be willing to rebuilt my engine, not looking for any old joe soap i want a person that actually knows what there at.

it will have to be split and have all new bearings fitted, i can get the parts myself aswell if it makes it easier. i think it may also need a new piston and all fitted.

be great if someone could get back to me soon enough now as it is the only transport i have.

Thanks
    Jamie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Why do you want it rebuilt?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

Why do you want it rebuilt?

bottom end is gone

Prob better off getting new engine. Strokers don't last long, when major bits fail, they wreak havoc elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Prob better off getting new engine. Strokers don't last long, when major bits fail, they wreak havoc elsewhere.

and what if the 'new' engine was after being abused before. at least by rebuilding you can run it in properly and know your going to get thousands of miles hassle free.
    I am looking for some1 that will be willing to rebuilt my engine, not looking for any old joe soap i want a person that actually knows what there at.

http://www.poleonmotorcycles.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Where are you based. Can't see location on mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

seanybiker wrote: »
    Where are you based. Can't see location on mobile

in Meath mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

that is complete poo, whoever is rebuilding it is obviously going to replace every bearing and wearing part in the bottom end and if hes worth his salt the top end whilst hes at it, more a less giving the chap a brand new engine

Its an 80cc 2 stroke. You'd buy a complete new engine for the price of a rebuild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Its an 80cc 2 stroke. You'd buy a complete new engine for the price of a rebuild.
    Yeah? Can you point me in the direction of this bargain?
    Honda NSR80 engine brand new what price can you get one for?
    I'd be very interested to know.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Yeah? Can you point me in the direction of this bargain?
    Honda NSR80 engine brand new what price can you get one for?
    I'd be very interested to know.

None available at the moment bud. Too popular. I can sell u a set of pedals tho if you are stuck.

NSR 80s are crashing into cars and walls every day of the week, there are plenty of perfect, dropped once engines out there if you want one.
    However if you want to mess around with a holy piston and scored barrel, thinking a few new bearings will make it right, off you go.
    It's dead money.

• Advertisement

I dont want a second hand thrashed and dropped engine, I want a brand new one like you claimed to be able to get for the price of a rebuilt one.
    NSR's haven't been sold new for a while and anything second hand may or may not have had a hard life with minimal maintenance.
    I wouldn't fancy buying a 2nd hand engine and sticking it in only to have to rebuild it again next week.

2 strokes aren't hard to rebuild.
    The main bearings go? Big deal replace them, the big end goes? stick a rod kit and a new piston and rings.
    I wouldn't consider it dead money at all to have a properly rebuilt 2 stroke engine, you would know exactly what the engine had done and when you split the cases to do the main bearings you can check the gearbox at the same time.

Seriously though, what lifespan would you expect from a stroker, which are being regulated out of existence, compared to even a squeegie 125?

Depends on how you break in run and maintain a 2 stroke engine.
    Look at the RXS, they have been known to top 60k miles easily on a stock setup.
    The NSR 80 is more highly tuned but run on good synthetic 2t and with regular maintenence they should be good for at least 20k miles and probably a lot more.
    People think 2 strokes are highly tuned finicky machines that break down at any available opportunity but most aren't like that.
    In fact the modern 2t bikes before the manufacturers started pushing 4 strokes were very powerful and reliable machines, 2t technology was fantastic, look at the start line of any 125cc race class and how much smoke can you see? Very little if any.
    Modern oiling systems and high quality oil make very little pollution.
    They won't ever be able to ban you from riding a 2t machine they just stop the manufacturers selling them and thats a terrible shame IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Seriously though, what lifespan would you expect from a stroker, which are being regulated out of existence, compared to even a squeegie 125?

let them warm up and serviced and you can get over 10000 miles out of an rs125 before it needs a top end rebuild. thats what the manufacturer reckons so its bound to be a but conservative too.

i wouldn't consider that not lasting too long. :rolleyes:

let them warm up and serviced and you can get over 10000 miles out of an rs125 before it needs a top end rebuild. thats what the manufacturer reckons so its bound to be a but conservative too.

i wouldn't consider that not lasting too long. :rolleyes:

Isn't that the one with the ceramic head?
    No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 GiggsCork

I bought a 03 Nsr 80 2 weeks ago. Got a reciept for 400 quid for a new/reconditioned engine by Andrew Hourigan in Newmarket Cork. 029 60135. . . Probley not much help to you but just another person to contact if your stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

pj engineering uk are also handy for stroker spares

Advertisement