Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned From After Hours

Options
  • 21-07-2011 12:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday i was banned from After Hours, i contacted the mod who banned me and got no reply then over 24 hrs ago i contacted a category mod and i also have got no reply back.
    I feel on both that i should of at least been replied back too and that my ban was unfair, surely over 24 hours is enough time in which to get a reply, i feel that my ban was personal rather than anything else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi JONJO,

I'll take a look at this for you. Can you stick up the ban message that was sent to you? And - if you can, but it's not a must - can you stick up the PM that you sent to the banning Moderator (or send it to me via PM if that's preferable).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Thanks, this is the message the mod sent me:

Hi JONJO THE MISER,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

5 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Trolling. The Pamela thread.
    This sort of stuff:
    those liberal P.C idiots that trow her a reception have to say about this, oh and lets not forget all the tree hugging liberal P.C brigade on here who her defending her

It's simply goading other posters and not welcomed.

I cant find the message i send to the mod or any of my sent messages, if you could tell me how to find them i would be more than happy to put it up.

hi JONJO,

I've looked at the thread in question and there are two very clear warnings from the Moderator right before you posted asking people to stop making it personal and to "stop being" dicks. The post you were banned for seems to fairly clearly contravene that:
    those liberal P.C idiots that trow her a reception have to say about this, oh and lets not forget all the tree hugging liberal P.C brigade on here who her defending her
    By saying that you're taking a direct swipe at other posters on the thread and you are indeed goading as the Mod described in your ban message, as well as ignoring the two warnings previous to your post.

Why do you think the ban is unfair?

I didn't even see the warnings before i posted as i did not read the whole thread, okay maybe i went over the top but i did not insult any poster, i have often seen worse been said and no ban been issued.
    Furthermore i sent a message to the mod about this and he did not even reply back.

I didn't even see the warnings before i posted as i did not read the whole thread,
    That's not really a great defense though, particularly as a warning was made four posts before yours. That suggests that you just leapt into the thread to make an outlandish statement without giving it any thought whatsoever.
    okay maybe i went over the top but i did not insult any poster
    you didn't directly insult any one individual, no, but you came into a highly charged thread and accused one side of the argument of being the
    tree hugging liberal P.C brigade
    That's attacking the poster and not their posts. It's also inflammatory and very trollish. It's desgined to provoke and get a reaction in an already heated thread where warnings have been issues. That you didn't see the warnings is really your own fault.
    i have often seen worse been said and no ban been issued.
    Well we're not talking about other instances, and if you do see worse you need to report it.
    Furthermore i sent a message to the mod about this and he did not even reply back.
    It would be courteous of the Mod to PM you back, even just to direct you here, but there's no rule that says they have to.

I'm struggling to find any reason to reduce the ban here JONJO tbh.

• Advertisement

Fair enough i admit i was a bit hot headed to jump into the thread.
    Ive been on after hours for years and never have got banned before, i think the 5 day ban was a little excessive.

Well that's not quite true is it? You had only just come back from a two day ban for making racist remarks 9 days prior to this ban.

In light of that and the fact that you made quite a nasty remark directed at other posters on the thread almost immediately after two Moderator warnings were given I think this ban is quite appropriate and I will not be lifting it.

Should you wish to appeal this further it will need Admin attention.

Advertisement