Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Sandyford

• 21-07-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm starting a new job in Sandyford Ind Estate next week and just want to ask where the best place to live would be?

Im doing an internship so my budget is only around 460 per month, it'll be an apartment share, looking for something decent enough though. I also have a car so dont mind travelling a small bit. I've lived in northside for last 4 years so havn't a clue about the areas in the southside in and around sandyford.

any help is appreciated.

Manlad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

manlad wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm starting a new job in Sandyford Ind Estate next week and just want to ask where the best place to live would be?

Im doing an internship so my budget is only around 460 per month, it'll be an apartment share, looking for something decent enough though. I also have a car so dont mind travelling a small bit. I've lived in northside for last 4 years so havn't a clue about the areas in the southside in and around sandyford.

any help is appreciated.

Manlad.

Stillorgan, Dundrum, Blackrock etc. are all nice areas with ltos of bars and restaurants within walking and cycling distance to Sandyford. Also, since Sandyford is on the LUAS line you have all those places to consider living, Ranelagh and Milltown are only 20 minutes away for example. You should be able to get something for around the 460 mark no problem. This part of the city is actually pretty well connected with public transport so a car isn't an absolute necessity by any means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I used Daft.ie when I moved to Dublin last year, living in Dundrum now. I think your best bet would be to look through the houses listed there, it seems the most comprehensive website out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There are a shed load of apartments anywhere along the Luas line near Sandyford - Beacon, The Forum and Central Park being just 3. All very nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

As has been mentioned, Dundrum, Clonskeagh, Milltown are all within commuting distance, either by car or Luas. And they are closer to town if you want a night out.

Advertisement