Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Vodka from Bulgaria

Options
  • 21-07-2011 7:17am

Does anyone know how one would go about the import (I have a source) of alcohol from a different country and what taxation would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Not 100% about all the taxes etc, but there would certainly be import duty for anything over personal use, also i'm sure that you would have to provide documentation on the quality of the alcohol being imported.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Pretty sure you'd need a bonded warehouse to import into which would have to be approved / regulated etc by excise. Think you should start by contacting the Excise office and they should be able to guide you from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

You need a wine and/or spirits licence (depending on alcohol content I think). Cost 500-1000 euro approx.
    If you don't have a bonded warehouse to land it in then you will pay the excise duty straight away.

Advertisement