Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope of a Surevyor's report

Options
  • 21-07-2011 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,
    First time posting after reading for months!
    I am currently in the process of buying a new house, i am a first time buyer. It is getting to the stage where i need to get a surveyor organised to look at the house. Before I go ringing around, what is the scope of a surveyor's report, will s/he just look at the structural aspects of the house, or as it is a new house, can i also get them to do a snag list on the house? Or does it depend entirely on the surveyor I get? I am pretty happy with the builders as they have a good reputation but I still want to get the house snagged properly. Is there anything in particular i should watch out for myself?
    Thanks for your help,
    Cat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check with the bank and the solicitor if they have any particular requirements or things to be looked at.

As its a new house, the ideal person is a building surveyor, however many construction professionals will be able to do it for you.

Make sure water / gas / electricity are connected and that these systems can be tested.

Get any brochures / documents / website material and give the surveyor a copy.

Obvioucly raise any concerns you have now rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CatMH

Thanks for the info, will contact my bank and solicitor and see if they have any requirements before i ring around. Also gas still needs to be connected and as the builders are on holidays for another week will hold of ringing around until the gas is connected.
    Thanks again
    Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No harm in phoning now and have someone lined up.

Advertisement