Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to flatten top of pressure spring?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

I'm doing work experience at the moment and I'm fairly new to Solidworks. This is basically what I have to draw:

fencing_epee_points_e18.jpg

I can draw the helix and sweep the circle around etc, but can't flatten the top and bottom. Help greatly appreciated.

(I've tried Google ofc :P)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

to the best of my knowledge on the helix/spiral menu you have two options; constand pitch or variable pitch.

click variable pitch. this opens a little excel type spreadsheet and on this you can change the P, for pitch, for different revolutions of the helix. so you can have the main pitch length of the body of the helix and say 10mm and then for the last revolutions at each end reduce it down to a small number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Perfect thanks! :D

Advertisement