Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Diploma in Computing/Information Technology

Options
  • 21-07-2011 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I have been accepted to this course in both Griffith College and in NUI Maynooth. I am unsure of which would be the better option as essentially they both cover the same material.
    The course in Griffith would be more convenient for me and I would not have to pay the €2750 fee.
    However, I am worried that it might be more difficult to get accepted into a good Masters program, coming from Griffith rather than Maynooth.

My primary degree is a 2:1 in Philosophy from Trinity.

Any advice from people who study in this area or who work in the IT sector would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orangeytree

I have been accepted to this course in both Griffith College and in NUI Maynooth. I am unsure of which would be the better option as essentially they both cover the same material.
    The course in Griffith would be more convenient for me and I would not have to pay the €2750 fee.
    However, I am worried that it might be more difficult to get accepted into a good Masters program, coming from Griffith rather than Maynooth.

My primary degree is a 2:1 in Philosophy from Trinity.

Any advice from people who study in this area or who work in the IT sector would be much appreciated!

The Higher Diploma in Computing in Griffith College is a HETAC Level 8 validated programme, which is what all institutions in Ireland would have as a requirement to enter a Level 9 qualification.

If an institution treats that qualification differently you could argue that your education rights are being infringed and that you are being discriminated against - I am quoting here a Dean in Law.

Advertisement