Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football PAID Game details

• 21-07-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, thought I'd start a different thread for all the pay league details, but will possibly merge with the overall league thread once the season starts.

PM for details on how to pay entry fee of 20 euro and the code to enter.

Prize money to be decided once we get the numbers in, will put to the members to see majority opinion on whether to do winner takes all or spread the wealth.

For info, winning score last season was 2,102

Looking forward to it again,

Let's play :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭token56

I'd advise keeping the code private and just give it to whoever pays. Saves the hassle of having to check who paid and kicking out people who joined but never payed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Know it's a long way from starting yet, but can anyone interested try to get friends involved too, be nice if we could have a bumper pot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Sent you the PM , would be well up for this , You should maybe drop a noticed in the gambling thread , you would prob get a few takers in there also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Have many people chipped in yet? I'd join a 15+ league, but perhaps not if it's just a handful.

Also, will there be a H2H group too, or just normal? I get a lot of fun out of the randomness of a h2h.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

There is 12 on board at the moment should easily have more than the 15 by the big kick off ,

Are you able to put a notice onto the other thread with the fantasy football to try and round up some more troops ?

• Advertisement

13 in so far, try get the word out as best you can - more entrants, more prizes.

i think I'll put a poll on this thread on Friday ( or get someone who knows how to ) and see what the opinion on prize money is. Depends on entrants obviously but will see what you all reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

How can I transfer you the money? Can you take moneybookers?

13 in so far, try get the word out as best you can - more entrants, more prizes.

i think I'll put a poll on this thread on Friday ( or get someone who knows how to ) and see what the opinion on prize money is. Depends on entrants obviously but will see what you all reckon.

Ive got nearly 20 in my football one at the moment , all at 20 a head

1st 65% of the pot

2nd 25% of the pot

3rd 10% of the pot

If you dont get the number I would happy enough to merge the leagues , the more the merrier and all that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

ye would be up for this......i think joining the two leagues might be a good idea...where's your thread pistol:)

hello........should have the funds for you by wednesday or thursday.

• Advertisement

bazwin wrote: »
    ye would be up for this......i think joining the two leagues might be a good idea...where's your thread pistol:)

Dont have a thread set up , its just all the boys from the football that I play with and people from work and so on

alright sry man.....i will join the other league on here...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Just joined, any decisions on prize money. I think 70% for 1st, 20% for 2nd and 10% for 3rd...

22 on board at the moment , shaping up nicely !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'll definitely be joining :)

funds shipped on paypal:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

not trying to confuse things but I currently do a similar thing with some friends but we organise a monthly prize for manager of the month so that people can stay interested all season.

usually if someone is not in contention by christmas they drop out....usually for the split... 50% of the pot, 25% of the pot and 10% (the remaining money goes to purchasing a trophy for the winner and monthly prize winners - who might get their €20 back ?? or get half of it)

OP PM me code and paypal to send the money.(please).

Also, a wooden spoon prize for bottom of the league money back - but your team must have at least 8 players that have actually played more than 15games throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Manager of the month would be a good idea.

Can you PM the payment details and code please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

In popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

PM me the details too please.

Im also in another paid league where every year there are prizes for the top 3 at the end, plus a €20 monthly prize for months Sept.-Apr. (august and may were deemed too short)

• Advertisement

PCPhoto wrote: »
    not trying to confuse things but I currently do a similar thing with some friends but we organise a monthly prize for manager of the month so that people can stay interested all season.

usually if someone is not in contention by christmas they drop out....usually for the split... 50% of the pot, 25% of the pot and 10% (the remaining money goes to purchasing a trophy for the winner and monthly prize winners - who might get their €20 back ?? or get half of it)

OP PM me code and paypal to send the money.(please).

Also, a wooden spoon prize for bottom of the league money back - but your team must have at least 8 players that have actually played more than 15games throughout the season.

Dependant on numbers in boards league we'll do the same, and looking good so far, nearly 40 in :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

We do the manager of the month too and it's great. The other thing we do is a top scorer prize for whoever gets the highest single game week score over the whole season. 126 points during one of the big double gameweeks won it last year and he still ended up second from bottom in the overall league! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Dependant on numbers in boards league we'll do the same, and looking good so far, nearly 40 in :eek:

How many has paid though ;)

Will you be setting a deadline and kicking the non-payers?

I'll send the €€€€ later today!

Lads,

There's about 5 who have entered the league but not paid.

Rules are if you haven't paid by Sat you are gone. 1 exception made and that's it.

Be sure to send the fee as requested.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Can i have the details to join please !?

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Can i have the details to join please !?

PM the OP for the details

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

43 joined so far on my last count.
    Thats a pretty decent pot of €860 (provided everyone has paid)

I like the idea of the manager of the month getting their 20 back or whatever way the people above were suggesting it works.
    8 months to the season (guessing there is no point in having 1 for May since you only get a couple of games and the big prizes would be given out that month anyway) that would only take 160 from the pot, leaving you with 700 for the final total as it stands, which you could still make some very nice prizes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Any chance of the details please?

Money sent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

I'm in.

Hi All,

I have created a Poll for the prize money options. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056355007# Get your vote in before 11:30am tomorrow...

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

lads how does this work ? how much is it ?

lads how does this work ? how much is it ?

€20 buy in , to be paid before 11.30 am tomorrow and PM the OP for paypal details .

Not sure of how the prize break down is going to go yet .

50 players in at the moment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Payment made :)

Best of luck people :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Though im only a lurker in the soccer forum, can i still join?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

I've tried to join aswell and pm'd the original poster. Is there anyone else able to send me the relevent details in order to join in case the OP isn't online by 11:30 tomorrow? cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

Sent PM hope it`s not to late.

Mont wrote: »
    Though im only a lurker in the soccer forum, can i still join?

Cant see any reason why not , just pm the op for the details

82dgolf wrote: »
    Sent PM hope it`s not to late.

Payment sent, Just hope i can login to FPL to enter the code. :mad:

The Wookies!!

Had a problem with the League code when trying to join. "Not a valid League"
    Tried a few time with the same code and got in , But i am not listed in the League. It`s only showing 18 people in the League?

• Advertisement

seems to be a real issue with the website, if people are not listed in league we can resolve when site is back up.

seems to be a real issue with the website, if people are not listed in league we can resolve when site is back up.

No problem. It`s now showing 22 in the League, I can post in the League forum. Crazy

Should fix itself once the site is down at 11.30 I assume..

I've been kicked out of the paid league, must be a bug related to new setup, why they had to **** about with it I don't know, worked fine the way it was the last 4 years! Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon, as I am looking forward to seeing my team top of the league on Monday night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

For those struggling to log in now on your computer/laptop, if you have a decent phone, try logging in on that. Worked for me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Can I still enter this? I couldnt log in Fri or Sat to join league. I can wire through cash straight away?

Have we confirmed numbers?? And wits the final decision on prize money?

League is closed to new entrants I'm afraid.

The numbers yet to be confirmed, I think it is close to 60 but there was some issue with the leagues updating, will have confirmationafter points update.

Prize money is

Monthly top score ( Aug - April ) of 50 euro

Highest weekly score of season = 75 euro

1st - 70% of remainder

2nd - 20% of remainder

3rd - 10% of remainder

PM the op he should be able to let you know,

Seems to be 70 in the league at the moment but the OP will be able to confirm if everyone is paid up

League is closed to new entrants I'm afraid.

The numbers yet to be confirmed, I think it is close to 60 but there was some issue with the leagues updating, will have confirmationafter points update.

Prize money is

Monthly top score ( Aug - April ) of 50 euro

Highest weekly score of season = 75 euro

1st - 70% of remainder

2nd - 20% of remainder

3rd - 10% of remainder
    As some of you are aware, many fans trying to access Fantasy Premier League on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning will have experienced problems logging in or registering teams prior to the Gameweek 1 deadline.

While the demand reached unprecedented levels on Saturday morning, we fell short of the standards you expect from the world's biggest fantasy football game and make no excuses for what was both a frustrating and disappointing experience ahead of the new season. For this we apologise unreservedly.

TECHNICAL ISSUE
    Our technical teams have been working throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users are dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

‪1. Receive unlimited transfers
    No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you have already made transfers and had points deducted, these will be restored to your overall total by midnight on Tuesday 16th August 2011. If you have already opted to play your wildcard, this too will be restored at the same time.

‪2. Opt to start mini-league scoring at Gameweek 2
    The option is available to all mini-league administrators to start the scoring from Gameweek 2. Go to 'Leagues' > 'League name' > 'Administer' > Select 'Gameweek 2' in 'Scoring Starts' drop-down menu and click 'Update league details'.

‪3. Win a VIP trip to watch Man Utd v Chelsea
    The manager of the team that accumulates the most points in Gameweeks 2, 3 & 4 will win a VIP trip for two to watch Man Utd v Chelsea on Sunday 18th September 2011 . The prize includes all transport, two nights' accommodation, match tickets, pre-match hospitality and £250 spending money. If there is a tie between teams, the team with the fewest transfers between Gameweeks 2-4 will win the trip. In the event of a further tie, the winner will be selected at random.

‪4. Win a new monthly prize - iPad2
    Each monthly winner of Fantasy Premier League 2011/12 will be able to choose between receiving an iPad2 or the current monthly prize (replica shirt, iPod nano & digital camera). The runner-up will then receive whichever prize is not claimed by the monthly winner.

ISOLATED CASE
    ‪Having monitored many of the comments that have been posted on message boards, via blogs, in forums and on social networks, we hope the following additional points will also help clarify some of the queries raised:

∙ Fantasy Premier League is still run by the same provider. A redesign was required in order to incorporate new features and in order to maintain consistency with the next version of the Premier League's official site but the problems are not related to the new look.

∙ EA SPORTS sponsor the official match statistics across the Premier League website and were not involved in the rebuild of this season's Fantasy Premier League game nor responsible in any way for the issues suffered by users over the weekend.

∙ The login/registration system had to be upgraded during the summer - this service is delivered by a new third party provider and is the most significant change from previous seasons.

∙ The live updates will be functioning for Gameweek 2.

∙ All league standings will be updated after each points update as per previous seasons. The single update for Gameweek 1 was an isolated case.

∙ If you have problems logging in, please try resetting your password by entering your email address on this page: https://users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/login/reset_password.html. You'll be emailed a new password to use that you can change to something more memorable once you've logged in by visiting 'My Account'. If you are not receiving the password reminder, please check your Junk folder in your email inbox and add noreply@send.premierleague.com to your Mailing List to ensure that the email arrives in your inbox.

∙ Please continue to email support@fantasy.premierleague.com with any issues you experience on the site with login, points updates etc.

‪Again, we are extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused and diminished enjoyment of Fantasy Premier League.

We are confident that the measures in place will prevent any repeat of the issues players of Fantasy Premier League encountered at the weekend and hope you are looking forward to another exciting season as much as we are.

Are we going to open her up for another week cause of all the problems people had logging in and joining the league.

We can start from League week 2, Im happy with my haul from the first week either way :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement