Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football PAID Game details

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Points for 1st week will count. I myself had a few small changes to do and didn't get to due to the site being rank but we've had long enough to get a team in, this league was opened in mid July.

Secondly, please see post on the league forum re money I cannot see as being received. I understand money can come from friends accounts etc ( Mick O - I know you paid for yourself and one other, maybe you could let me know who ) so please let me know.

If I hear nothing I'll boot you until advised.

Such a sh!tty start to the season with the site, points, league issues etc etc but hopefully things will be smooth from here on in.

Good luck all,

PB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Points for 1st week will count. I myself had a few small changes to do and didn't get to due to the site being rank but we've had long enough to get a team in, this league was opened in mid July.

Secondly, please see post on the league forum re money I cannot see as being received. I understand money can come from friends accounts etc ( Mick O - I know you paid for yourself and one other, maybe you could let me know who ) so please let me know.

If I hear nothing I'll boot you until advised.

Such a sh!tty start to the season with the site, points, league issues etc etc but hopefully things will be smooth from here on in.

Good luck all,

PB

Good call on not restarting from GW2, I am down in 52nd place, so would have suited me, but it would not have been fair IMO. Good luck everyone, and here's hoping this weekends Fantasy Football experience is a good one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Why is there ppl joining the league??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I've been booted out of league . I've paid my money ?

And I can't join again now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

same here

same here

Think you guys are sorted now............dodgy site still causing issues, madness :eek:

Lemme know if you still can't get in

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Think you guys are sorted now............dodgy site still causing issues, madness :eek:

Lemme know if you still can't get in

;)

Dodgy site indeed. Wouldn't be the end of the world if the top 3 teams got 'kicked out' this weekend. Last gameweek for the manager of the month ;)

Who's winning ? I'm still out of it

Lads,

Just as a heads up, winners will be announced in the league forum, August details already there.

Tks

• Advertisement

Looks like I was manager of the month for October..

Happy Days... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whats happening here with the payments? One of the lads hasn't been paid his 50 for manager of the month. It's probably just personal reasons why he hasn't been on here, jut need to keep on top of it as there was alot of cash involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Whats happening here with the payments? One of the lads hasn't been paid his 50 for manager of the month. It's probably just personal reasons why he hasn't been on here, jut need to keep on top of it as there was alot of cash involved!

Thanks for reviving this thread(i'd forgotton about it).

Like you said it's probably personal reasons he hasn't been on. We'll surely find out soon enough.

Hi,

Been away from work since end Nov so only settling now. I take it your " lad " is the November winner? He has been paid via paypal.

The Oct winner was paid at start of Nov I just haven't been around to update the thread.

October winner - Ronan Carroll
    November winner - Mark Leonard

Hi,

Been away from work since end Nov so only settling now. I take it your " lad " is the November winner? He has been paid via paypal.

The Oct winner was paid at start of Nov I just haven't been around to update the thread.

October winner - Ronan Carroll
    November winner - Mark Leonard

Thanks Paul,

Payment received and everything ok.

Now let's get back to winning the league. I've given everyone else a chance by playing my wildcard last week and dropping silva and richards:eek:. Inspired, I certaintly wasn't. I thought that mata and nani would do the business this week(how wrong).Ah well onwards and downwards. Pre december i had forgotten what red arrows were. Depressing:mad:

Ronan Carroll is Decembers winner, 2nd time in 3 months.

Fair play, money sent via paypal just now.

Well done.

• Advertisement

Well done.
    Thanking you... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thewools wrote: »

Well done.
    Thanking you... :)

What's your overall score dude?

manual_man wrote: »
    What's your overall score dude?

I'll speak for him:). He's currently top with 1,156 points having taken over the lead from me:mad: but there is a long way to go in this gameweek, let alone the season for me to regain my top spot.

Thanks Carlcon for not entering this league. It's much more competitive without you:D.

Thanks again to Mrwillbeback for setting this up. It's a good bit of craic.

I'll speak for him:). He's currently top with 1,156 points having taken over the lead from me:mad: but there is a long way to go in this gameweek, let alone the season for me to regain my top spot.

Thanks Carlcon for not entering this league. It's much more competitive without you:D.

Very competitive league that's for sure... Looks like anyone in the top 8-9 can still win the league outright..

Very competitive league that's for sure... Looks like anyone in the top 8-9 can still win the league outright..

I'd say anyone in the top 50 could win it!

Cheers again mir, not an easy job runnin this so hats off

• Advertisement

will make sure not to join this next year . kicked out after the first week

U will find now with the January wildcard that the majority of teams will be very similar so it will be very hard for teams to catch up..

But stranger things have happened but in the last 5 years or so of playing this game it's norm the players near the top come January who end up winning as the others lose interest..

There were major server issues during the first week - did u pay? Contact the league admin?

U will find now with the January wildcard that the majority of teams will be very similar so it will be very hard for teams to catch up..

But stranger things have happened but in the last 5 years or so of playing this game it's norm the players near the top come January who end up winning as the others lose interest..

You never know. I'm typically a second-half riser. Can you remember off hand what the payout is to the overall winner/runner-up etc??

Never got final confirmation - mirwillbeback: can u confirm payout for top 3 places?

I think it was €75 for top scoring gameweek and €50 per manager of the month..

Money wasn't paid, this was advised in the forum on the site.

:rolleyes:

Totals are 50 per manager of month, 75 for weekly high score, then 70 / 20 / 10 % of remainder for end of season 1/2/3.

Money wasn't paid, this was advised in the forum on the site.

:rolleyes:
    This enough proof ?

PAYMENT.png

How would I access such forum If I was kicked out ?

Oh and keep your rolleyes to yourself .

Totals are 50 per manager of month, 75 for weekly high score, then 70 / 20 / 10 % of remainder for end of season 1/2/3.

I don't get that though. I don't get how there can be enough cash for those payouts. + I would have figured the payout to the overall winner would be considerably more than any weekly/monthly payouts. Am I wrong?

Edit: i'm just trying to figure it out

this is what ive come up with:

Total players=75 =1500 total in the pot

payouts =75(weekly)x39=3975 to be paid out; 50(monthly)x10=500 to be paid out; 1/2/3 overall=?????

Sorry maybe i'm missing something here, but by my calculations we're approx 2500 short just for the weekly/monthly payouts!

The 75 is a one off payment for the player with the highest gameweek score over the season. Not every gameweek :-)

• Advertisement

The 75 is a one off payment for the player with the highest gameweek score over the season. Not every gameweek :-)

Ah. Ok!

Clears that up so :p

How many in the league? Be interesting to work out the top 3 pay offs ;)

How many in the league? Be interesting to work out the top 3 pay offs ;)

75!

This enough proof ?

PAYMENT.png

How would I access such forum If I was kicked out ?

Oh and keep your rolleyes to yourself .

That transfer states the cash is for boards username Keysersoze_88, no mention of Cole Trickle. :confused: If you can clear this up, I'll send you back your 20.

And you could have just Pm'd me months back instead of waiting til now. Or maybe you have proof of that too. Add to the fact it was posted in the forum before anyone was suspended.

Last year I'll be running this lads, passing the reins on to someone / anyone next year. Load of hassle and ( on occasion ) accusations and add to the fact that despite asking loads at the beginning, I still received a good few entries less charges which I will need to make up.

Good luck to whoever takes over.

Jesus I changed my name since then . Go check the thread there

And I do have proof of pm'ing you .

You are the one throwing accusations around saying I never paid .

Jesus I'm not psychic. PM would have been the way to go.

Do you want to enter or get your money back.

John Corry is monthly winner for Jan.

Money sent via paypal.

Winner for February is Adam Hall with 204pts.

Will send via paypal in next day or so.

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Fair play to mirwillbeback for running the league. You've provided a great service.

I was one of the people that was a little suspicious earlier in the year but that was after you stopped updating the forum on fpl and before I realised this thread existed, so I could see no evidence of payment.

I apologise for doubting you and I'm sorry to hear you won't be doing this again next year. Thanks again.

P.S. Still sickened I missed out on one monthly prize because Shawcross and Begovic couldn't muster 4 points between them at home to Newcastle!

• Advertisement

Lads,

Looks like March winner is Michael Freeman, though site states tables are still being updated. Will send on the money once I get confirmation.

@grohlisagod - thanks a million for the post above, only seeing it now. I probably will run this again next year now I've calmed down ! As you will see, I got payments from people with different names, I posted up who didn't pay and asked for clarification. Add to that that when I was advised of a payment I couldn't reconcile I offered a refund or to include in the league and was ignored - it just p!ssed me off at the time but 70+ participants seem to be happy so if interest is there again next year I'll run it again.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

John Corry is monthly winner for Jan.

Money sent via paypal.

Hi

I never received this payment. Could you please recheck.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Will you send me your email address, looks like I sent to wrong person and funds were returned - see below.

Apologies for issue, will resend once you advise the paypal address.

Cheers

Warper wrote: »
    Hi

I never received this payment. Could you please recheck.

Thanks

John

Sent to:
    MIN SHEN (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
    Email:
    sellernewone2011@gmail.com

Amount sent:
    -€50.00 EUR
    Fee amount:
    €0.00 EUR
    Net amount:
    -€50.00 EUR

Date:
    02-Feb-2012
    Time:
    13:45:42 GMT
    Returned

Your payment was returned because it was not claimed by the recipient for 30 days. Here are some possible reasons that the payment was not accepted: The payment was sent to the wrong email address. The recipient didn't accept the payment, or the recipient's PayPal account is not confirmed. Contact the recipient to confirm you have the correct email address.

Subject:
    You have sent €50.00 EUR to MIN SHEN with PayPal
    Note:
    Well done, you won the monthly prize for the boards league for Jan. Well played !
    Funding Type:
    Credit Card
    Funding Source:
    €50.00 EUR - Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-8992

This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *SELLERNEWON".

funds sent to March winner Michael Freeman.

funds sent to March winner Michael Freeman.

Cheers man, got it this morning! :D

Lads,

Just a heads up on this, I'm away in Florida from 28/4 - 13/5 so may not get to send April's winner until the week I'm back.
    If I can do so over there I will, but just for info before people think I've eloped with the year end prizes. !

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the highest single gameweek score for the season is? I got 139 in GW36, just thought I'd throw that out there... Another €75 would be sweet..! :D

Hi all,

Results are in.....

Winner is Mark Leonard

Runner Up is Damien O Grady

3rd is Oscar Deacy

Highest weekly score is indeed Massdebater with a cracking 139.

Can you guys send me on your paypal or bank acc details by PM and I'll send you on your well deserved winnings.

Will run this again next season, probably around the 2nd week in July so will post up then.

Thanks to all who took part and I hope you enjoyed the game.

See you next season !!!!!

Ok, so i won this outright after a great battle with Damien for most of the season:D

A special thanks to mirwillbeback for setting up a highly competitive league despite the hassle that he had with payments and the site f##k up.

I'm sure that we'll have even more joining next season and i'll obviously win again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Ok, so i won this outright after a great battle with Damien for most of the season:D

A special thanks to mirwillbeback for setting up a highly competitive league despite the hassle that he had with payments and the site f##k up.

I'm sure that we'll have even more joining next season and i'll obviously win again:)

Just after finding this now, would also like to add my thanks to mrwillbeback, he didnt get much help with the site messing him around at the start but still managed to keep everything in order.

Congrats to itsnotmyfault, thought I had you with a couple of weeks left but when you went ahead I had to take a gamble on the last week and to say bringing in Torres didnt work out would be an uderstatement

mrwillbeback, I will send on my bank details to you this evening, sorry about the delay

Advertisement