Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday Spray Tan

• 21-07-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all!

I'm going on holidays at the end of next month to the U.S.

I am contemplating getting a spray tan done before I go buttttt I want a really good one that won't go blotchy and make me look diseased for most of my holiday! Or wash off in a pool.

Any recommendations for good ones that will last a while.
    I'm going for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

All tans regardless of brand will be stripped by chlorine in the pool, also sweating, extra showering, dry air in the plane will all play havoc with the tan. You can moisturise twice a day but I found when I got a spray tan done before a sun holiday last year it only lasted 4 days and then went all blotchy and uneven. My advice would be to bring a gradual tan with you and use that instead

I agree with Jadie. A gradual tan is best. I would recommend St Tropez's every day. Also exfoliate and moisturise til you have barely any skin left for a few days before you start the tanning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Thanks guys!!

I'm going on the 30th August - when should I start the gradual tanning??

a couple of days beforehand should do- go easy on the ankles and knees the tan can build up here. Pack some of those scrubby gloves in your suitcase too for exfoliating

will it not go all blotchy and patchy after a few days though?

• Advertisement

shouldn't do if you exfoliate and you can top it up every other day

jadie wrote: »
    shouldn't do if you exfoliate and you can top it up every other day

hhmm I think I might stick to being pale :(

I'd forget to exfoliate or something and end up looking like a leper ha

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

Misticles wrote: »
    hhmm I think I might stick to being pale :(

I'd forget to exfoliate or something and end up looking like a leper ha

Pale and interesting :cool:

I'm going on holiday and would have gotten fake tan done in the past but last year it was a nightmare, absolutely disgusting after one day. I know that was to do with that specific tan but I just decided not to bother in future. I'm so pale I'm almost see through (lovely!:rolleyes:) but what I'm planning to do is use a gradual one every second day and hopefully it will turn out ok. I don't want much of a tan just enough of the pale gone so people don't stare!:eek:

Would St Tropez be good for a very pale person do you guys know? I have a few freckles thats about the height of it.

Advertisement