Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny to Blanch?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Need to commute from the centre of Raheny (near the Dart & Supervalu) to Damastown industrial estate. I'm thinking my only & best option might be dart into tara street then the 38a to terminus?

Is there any other practical option; I suppose i could dart in, commuter train to castleknock then hop a 38 there?

Hoping I've overlooked some amazingly easy circular route - but not very optimistic :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Drive it if you can :eek:

Otherwise, DART to town and 38A would probably be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

If you are going to IBM they have a bus that runs direct from Connolly to IBM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

You can get the 17a bus from Kilbarrack DART station to Blanchardstown. Probably a 30 minute walk from there, but you do avoid the city centre, and the 17a is every 10 minutes in the morning. You could always jump on the 38a in Blanch.

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    You can get the 17a bus from Kilbarrack DART station to Blanchardstown. Probably a 30 minute walk from there, but you do avoid the city centre, and the 17a is every 10 minutes in the morning. You could always jump on the 38a in Blanch.

It's a longer walk than 30 minutes, especially when you take into account the actual walk to whichever factory in Damastown you're going to. 45 minutes really...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

trad wrote: »
    If you are going to IBM they have a bus that runs direct from Connolly to IBM

trad does that go to damastown or ballycoolin and do you have more information about it; it's damastown I'm heading out to and I think that connolly bus just goes to the .com centre in Ballycoolin.

Thanks all for your advice thus far. Driving it is the long term solution but I might get in trouble if I try that before I have a license or a car :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

From what I'm told it goes to Damanstown. Has Jonny Fox's all over it.

Ohhh I've seen that bus on the Ladyswell Road (near Damastown) a few times... but that was around 4 years ago... not sure if it still runs...

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Cool Mo D wrote: »

17A leaves from Howth Junction train station, but you could walk to Firestation on Kilbarrack road and jump on there. Bout a 15 minute walk from Raheny Village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Fool wrote: »
    17A leaves from Howth Junction train station, but you could walk to Firestation on Kilbarrack road and jump on there. Bout a 15 minute walk from Raheny Village

Or get a Dart from Raheny to Howth Jct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Easiest way is the 17a from Kilbarrack Road/Tonglegee Road (you can either walk up or get a 29a) at the fire station to the first stop on Snugbororough Road (near Ballycoolin Industrial Park). Then cross over the road and take the 38, 38a or 38b direct to Damastown.

Route 17a timetable is here.

Route 38 timetable is here and route 38a timetable is here and the 38b here.

The 17a operates every 15 minutes in the morning peak and the 38/38a/38b every 10 minutes. Allow about 40-45 minutes for the 17a trip although it could be quicker, and about 10-15 minutes for the 38/a/b trip.

Full maps of the routes are on the view maps button on the timetable pages - look at the maps on the 17a and 38b to see the stops on Snugborough Road.

One note:
    Just in case you are not travelling in the morning peak, note that the last 38/38a departure to serve that stop at Ballycoolin is the 0750 from Baggot Street which should be there for about 0850 - after that you need to continue on the 17a to the last stop on Snugborough Road before it turns left into Blanchardstown Hospital and then cross over to get a 38/38a to Damastown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

sillo wrote: »
    trad does that go to damastown or ballycoolin and do you have more information about it; it's damastown I'm heading out to and I think that connolly bus just goes to the .com centre in Ballycoolin.

I assume it's this one:
    http://expressbus.ie/coach-hire-dublin-express-bus.php?page=6&section=page&t=874

Haven't used this particular route myself, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 17a operates every 15 minutes in the morning peak .

Be advised that the 17a is one of the worst services of any Dublin Bus.

I would often be waiting 45 minutes in the morning to get from finglas to santry and suddenly three of them would arrive together.

If you can possibly avoid this route you should.

Degsy wrote: »
    Be advised that the 17a is one of the worst services of any Dublin Bus.

I would often be waiting 45 minutes in the morning to get from finglas to santry and suddenly three of them would arrive together.

If you can possibly avoid this route you should.

Do you still get the bus Degsy?? I've heard it's gotten a lot more reliable since it was extended to Blanchardstown??

Advertisement