Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Construction sites, deserted and abandoned houses, ...

• 21-07-2011 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi everybody, hope's this is the right forum for my request.

My friend is coming to visit me next week in Dublin and she has an idea to take photographs of abandoned construction sites, interesting houses that were left half build or not completed when renovated and so on. There's plenty of these around, so I'm sure you get the idea.

So I would be grateful if you could suggest me such a place or two. I'm sure she'll be happy to post link to finished project when it's over.

Thanks a million, best regards
    j.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Where in Dublin are you based? There's so many about that you could be really specific and still find some nearby :D

I know I passed an enormous empty lot near the Botanic Gardens earlier in the week, not sure the exact location though. There's a half-finished estate/apartment block between Monsktown Farm and Glenageary on the site of what once was Dun Laoghaire Golf Club as well. Cherrywood near Loughlinstown again seems half done, loads of houses with people living in them then a huge area of wasteland. In fact that Carrickmines/Cherrywood/Ballyogan area and its surrounds are full of construction sites and such.

Advertisement