Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 customer services-The worst in the world

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Without doubt the worst customer service I have ever received. Started off ok. Went into the 3 store in dundrum, asked to be taken through all the iphone packages they offer. Bought 2 16gb phones, one for me, one for my girlfriend. All good until I find out it would only have been €99 extra to get 32gb phones instead. This was never mentioned in the shop when I asked to be taken through ALL the iphone packages they offer.

Rang customer services to enquire about an exchange and was told I'd hear back within 48 hours. 48 hours later I call back and am told my query has been escalated but there was no reply yet and that I shouldn't have been given a time deadline.

4 days later, still no answer. Called them again and was told that they were having trouble getting in touch with the assistant who sold me the phone. Then the customer services guy tries to tell me that he tried ringing the store while i was on the phone but that there was no answer because it was sunday and the store was closed. I work beside the store and it was very much open. This got me pretty angry.

Was put through to the executive office team where I was told that the reason they couldn't get in touch with the sales assistant is because he was on leave. It took them a week to tell me this. I was assured I'd have an answer within 24 hours.

Yet again no call back, I rang back and was assured it was being sorted and that if I could bare with them until then it would be sorted. The only thing they could come up with at this stage was if there was a 32gb phone available why wouldn't he offer it to me? This was constantly repeated to me no matter how many times I said that that's not my problem and is a training issue for them to sort. All I know is that it wasn't offered.

Next day once again I have to ring them back. Still no contact with the store. At this stage I was furious so I walked down to the store while I was on the phone to customer services and handed my phone to the guy who sold it to me. They talked for a while and then again I was told I'd have an answer within an hour. This time I did get a call back to tell me that after 8 days of failed promises, over 6 hours on the phone to them, their sales assistant not doing their job properly and a general feeling of being d*cked on over and over again that they would not exchange the phones.

The reason being that the sales assistant remembers selling the 16gb phone but couldn't remember if he had offered the 32gb or not. Ridiculous. In order for me to get an exchange someone who works for them would have to admit to not doing their job properly. Who the hell is gonna do that? And he prob couldn't remember cos the situation had dragged on for so f*ckin long. Why would he?

I have a goodwill offer on the table from them after getting comreg involved but am really tempted to tell them where to stick it and look into legal action.

And i'm stuck with them for another 17 months. My advice to anyone would be: DO NOT SWITCH TO 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

were the iphones free? or did you pay for them? 16gb is plenty anyway unless you're putting every song you own and tons of movies on there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you not know there was a 32GB iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

Krudler, do you work for 3?
    Drunkmonkey, nope didn't know about 32gb

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm not one to defend mobile phone companies and their sales practices, but you tied yourself into an 18-month contract without doing any research into what it was you were actually buying. You really shouldn't be relying on sales assistants to read your mind for what you might want. Do your research.

You bought the phones, were happy to sign your contract and then decided afterwards to change your mind. Can't see how you have a leg to stand on really.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I have a goodwill offer on the table from them after getting comreg involved but am really tempted to tell them where to stick it and look into legal action.

And i'm stuck with them for another 17 months. My advice to anyone would be: DO NOT SWITCH TO 3

Can't see legal action getting you anywhere. I know it's frustrating but you're prob better off taking the goodwill offer. As far as legal action goes you signed a contract with them and agreed to the terms, i'd say that's all that would really matter in this situation.

• Advertisement

You really shouldn't be relying on sales assistants to read your mind for what you might want. Do your research.

I didn't ask him to read my mind, I asked him to explain all the packages they offer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If he got the iphone for free that's a 24mt contract not 18 if it was for the €40pm.

Krudler, do you work for 3?
    Drunkmonkey, nope didn't know about 32gb

nope

Paid €179 up front for both phones to get them on 18 month contracts. Also had to put a deposit of €150 on 1 of them for some reason

Paid €179 up front for both phones to get them on 18 month contracts. Also had to put a deposit of €150 on 1 of them for some reason

security deposit afaik, stop people walking off with a free iphone and not paying their bills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

i have hard time with them as well always tell you thay will call you back in 48hours but never do !!!! do not go near them !!!!
    Without doubt the worst customer service I have ever received. Started off ok. Went into the 3 store in dundrum, asked to be taken through all the iphone packages they offer. Bought 2 16gb phones, one for me, one for my girlfriend. All good until I find out it would only have been €99 extra to get 32gb phones instead. This was never mentioned in the shop when I asked to be taken through ALL the iphone packages they offer.

Rang customer services to enquire about an exchange and was told I'd hear back within 48 hours. 48 hours later I call back and am told my query has been escalated but there was no reply yet and that I shouldn't have been given a time deadline.

4 days later, still no answer. Called them again and was told that they were having trouble getting in touch with the assistant who sold me the phone. Then the customer services guy tries to tell me that he tried ringing the store while i was on the phone but that there was no answer because it was sunday and the store was closed. I work beside the store and it was very much open. This got me pretty angry.

Was put through to the executive office team where I was told that the reason they couldn't get in touch with the sales assistant is because he was on leave. It took them a week to tell me this. I was assured I'd have an answer within 24 hours.

Yet again no call back, I rang back and was assured it was being sorted and that if I could bare with them until then it would be sorted. The only thing they could come up with at this stage was if there was a 32gb phone available why wouldn't he offer it to me? This was constantly repeated to me no matter how many times I said that that's not my problem and is a training issue for them to sort. All I know is that it wasn't offered.

Next day once again I have to ring them back. Still no contact with the store. At this stage I was furious so I walked down to the store while I was on the phone to customer services and handed my phone to the guy who sold it to me. They talked for a while and then again I was told I'd have an answer within an hour. This time I did get a call back to tell me that after 8 days of failed promises, over 6 hours on the phone to them, their sales assistant not doing their job properly and a general feeling of being d*cked on over and over again that they would not exchange the phones.

The reason being that the sales assistant remembers selling the 16gb phone but couldn't remember if he had offered the 32gb or not. Ridiculous. In order for me to get an exchange someone who works for them would have to admit to not doing their job properly. Who the hell is gonna do that? And he prob couldn't remember cos the situation had dragged on for so f*ckin long. Why would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

OP you asked the sales associate to talk you through the iphone packages on phones. My understanding of packages would be the tariffs. Maybe you weren't clear enough

Advertisement