Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrybank Shopping Centre - Again

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

I can think of three places on the Industrial Estate Cork Rd that are free - two ready for fit out and another that would need a little work - call Ml Walsh (Co Mgr /Chieftain Exec) or Lar Power (Director Econ Dev) in Waterford City & Co Council or PM me if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Fit it out completely as offices. I'm looking for space to fit 400 people into an office at the moment and I'm having zero luck in Waterford.

400 tough ask.... u need around 35 to 40k sq, ft,

you spoke to IDA or Ger in Aramark (they look after IDA parks) they will help
    might be some warehouse space that can be converted. I converted similar size in last two years and works amazing

Sean Johnston up at Cleaboy also has land there to build on

confederation house could do it 28k sq. ft. if it was call centre enviroment, but parking is a bitch

marine point at port had a lot of space a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Max Powers wrote: »
    why don't you contact them then, I'm sure they'd bend over backwards to get 400 people in there.surely there is good bit of space in railway square too, bottom 2 floors of that look vacant.

Location is not suitable, parking would be an issue for us.

I can think of three places on the Industrial Estate Cork Rd that are free - two ready for fit out and another that would need a little work - call Ml Walsh (Co Mgr /Chieftain Exec) or Lar Power (Director Econ Dev) in Waterford City & Co Council or PM me if you wish.

I've viewed a few in the Industrial estate - 42&42A which is in a bad state at present. Confederation House - but again parking is an issue.

robtri wrote: »
    400 tough ask.... u need around 35 to 40k sq, ft,

you spoke to IDA or Ger in Aramark (they look after IDA parks) they will help
    might be some warehouse space that can be converted. I converted similar size in last two years and works amazing

Sean Johnston up at Cleaboy also has land there to build on

confederation house could do it 28k sq. ft. if it was call centre enviroment, but parking is a bitch

marine point at port had a lot of space a while ago

Haven't spoke to Ger yet, but I do work a bit with him.

Spoke with Sean Johnson but none of what he has at the moment is suitable.

I visited Marine Point. Lovely looking building but there is many reasons why the building isn't suitable - current occupancy, layout and some other problems with the building.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Location is not suitable, parking would be an issue for us.

No issues with car parks there as there is 3 carpark s there.

The one under railway square the one behind it and the one in Tesco.

Planty of space there for cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

employees would wanna be paid very well to cover clamping charges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bring back the IDA advance factory programme! :pac:

Looking for free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Same building as Redhat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Any amount of parking in the old Waterford Crystal site, and the buildings that weren't knocked were to be turned into offices anyway. Contact Noel Frisby, I'm pretty sure he owns the site. Or contact any of our wonderful local politicians, they'd cream themselves to be able to boast about bringing jobs to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

longshanks wrote: »
    Any amount of parking in the old Waterford Crystal site, and the buildings that weren't knocked were to be turned into offices anyway. Contact Noel Frisby, I'm pretty sure he owns the site. Or contact any of our wonderful local politicians, they'd cream themselves to be able to boast about bringing jobs to Waterford.

forgotten about that one...
    Frisby did own it, not sure if he sold it on thou...

while he owed it he did a great job gutting the exisiting building and bringing it back to shell and core, new poured floors and a lot of internal work...
    plenty of parking on site and a very nice high profile building.

last time Frisby brought me around it, it looked well on its way to be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Talk to John Cummins aswell, he will do his best to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I was between two minds about whether to post this and resurrect this thread but here we go. Apologies!

http://www.thejournal.ie/naas-shopping-centre-derelict-2-3361712-Apr2017/

I just spotted this article about a shopping centre in Naas that has been unfinished for many years, like our one in Ferrybank. I was interested to read that Dunnes Stores were to be the anchor there as well - was there some issue with Dunnes' finances during that period that they pulled out of these shopping centres? Were they involved in any other projects that they then pulled out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

erica74 wrote: »
    I was between two minds about whether to post this and resurrect this thread but here we go. Apologies!

I just spotted this article about a shopping centre in Naas that has been unfinished for many years, like our one in Ferrybank. I was interested to read that Dunnes Stores were to be the anchor there as well - was there some issue with Dunnes' finances during that period that they pulled out of these shopping centres? Were they involved in any other projects that they then pulled out of?

Yep, they pulled the same stroke in the Point Village in Dublin: http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/point-village-receiver-takes-action-against-dunnes-stores-over-15m-1.2615047

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Didn't know about that one at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

erica74 wrote: »

Yep, they pulled the same stroke in the Point Village in Dublin: http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/point-village-receiver-takes-action-against-dunnes-stores-over-15m-1.2615047

Jesus Christ. Nobody will ever deal with them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

True, who'd trust them.

Though it must have been for the good of the company, im sure things were tighter than they ever were around that time.

I often worked opening anchor shops in shells of shopping centres that I thought would never take off, but most are still standing.

When we opened in the Whitewater, there were more staff than customers. Same cars in​ the car park every day.

I think at this stage, office space and appartments would be the best solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

DT saying Dunness to open by Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

And this time it even seems to be real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Great that will b a huge boost to Waterford city center and the coifers of kilkenny County Council, thanks Mary butler for all your help with the boundary extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JimWinters

Looks like Dunnes are buying the entire shopping centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Valhalla90

Makes no sense for them to buy the whole place, Im nearly sure that the zoning has been changed a few years back so that it can only operate as a district centre which is basically like Supervalu/Superquinn Kilbarry and thats it with a few smaller retailers. Ferrybank SC cant operate as a big multi store centre like it was built for. Interesting to see what happens going forward.

Advertisement