Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lollipop Chainsaw

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Picked this up this morning on impulse I've only played the 1st level so far but enjoyable.

Not sure what it is and no idea why but it makes me think of crazy taxi :confused: even though the 2 games are nothing alike :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Reviews are far from positive, if it comes down (way down) in price I might consider it just for novelty value but I expect it will have a limited print run so that is kinda unlikely.

Got it today, but only got around to playing it about an hour ago. So far, so good, in my opinion. Good fun hack n slash action with a ton of jokes thrown in.

• Any prices? Sounds like a rent, but I really enjoyed Shadow of the Damned

• Advertisement

I beat the first boss last night, and I can already see why it didn't get good reviews. Little things like the QTE's animation being all jumpy is enough to turn a lot of folks off. I think it's easy to ignore little things like that when you're having a good time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Same as yourself, noticed that too but have enjoyed it so far, I'm not terrifically fond of the game's sense of humour but the music is great, fits the on-screen action perfectly (for me anyway)

My main gripe so far is if you are against a wall you are fighting totally blind the way the camera moves in places. It's ok, even good, but shadows of the damned this is not, not even close imo.

What a loooooooooooong week I've had. Finally getting to sit down and really plough into this one now. Hopefully for more than an hour this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive literally just finished it and i loved every second of it

review coming shortly

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    ive literally just finished it and i loved every second of it

review coming shortly

I was just starting the fourth stage last night, and I had to turn it off in fear of finishing it too early. I hope it's a bit longet than it's looking.

it's got about 6-8 hours in it first playthrough, but you'll probably want to go straight through again on a higher difficulty when you're done

review is up http://www.clickonline.com/games/review--lollipop-chainsaw/10820/

4 1/2 out of 5

i know it's been getting mixed reviews, but i genuinely loved it

Oh, there's a bit of Arch Enemy playing in the background later in the game! YES!!

deathrider wrote: »
    Oh, there's a bit of Arch Enemy playing in the background later in the game! YES!!

The music is great, five finger death punch playing on the level i'm on at the moment, not a huge fan but really works in the game.

I played the prologue a few times and it got me to thinking maybe it was the crazy colors and the yellow of the shcool buses combined with the soundtrack that got me to thinking of crazy taxi :confused:

Otherwise I'm the crazy one :pac:

All finished, and yes that was indeed monster craic. I'll do a review over on H-S-N in the next day or two for it too.

SOme of the achievements are rage inducing to the extreme :mad:

Like the one for doing the gondola mini game without shooting ...... attempt #51 ...... /fires controller across the room

I'm not looking forward to the one fore kissing Nick 100 times. I only used the Nick Ticket once on my first playthrough, and that was just because I wanted to know what it did.

calex71 wrote: »
    SOme of the achievements are rage inducing to the extreme :mad:

don't do them then?

I'm not looking forward to the one fore kissing Nick 100 times. I only used the Nick Ticket once on my first playthrough, and that was just because I wanted to know what it did.

Ha same here, only reason I used it was because I tend to lean a little heavy on the left stick when I play...... causes all sorts of problems in FPS games like if crouch is mapped to it and I'm back peddling :D
    Helix wrote: »
    don't do them then?

This is a case of not letting it best me, I'll get it................ eventually :D

From what I've seen so far, the achievements look more time consuming than challenging. I can almost smell a cosy 1000Gs out of this one.

• Advertisement

From what I've seen so far, the achievements look more time consuming than challenging. I can almost smell a cosy 1000Gs out of this one.

Ohhhhh how wrong you are , the one for getting all the medals on the roof in stage 2 and the cursed gondola one are a total arse ache if you miss it's 40 minutes wasted in the stadium, then there is the beat dads score on 2, 3, 4 stages where there are insta-death qte's and sections that will really ruin the score run, and end a ranked run if you screw up which also has an achivement for posting a score on each stage in ranked mode. Then the fact that some others are tied to you beating dads score on 2, and 4 and you see my frustration :D

Totally possible but really annoying when oyu spend 40 minutes playing a stage to be put back to the start after a cheap qte fail.

Got the one for not getting trapped in the bubbles during the hippy boss there earlier...... eventually currently at 41/50 and losing the will to live, after you beat the game it's just not very funny anymore and really quite shallow and repetitive, I've said it already here maybe but shadows of the damned this is not :(

Just finished my second playthrough, and I'm still really enjoying it. Got the Gondola one out of the way, and that ate some seious time. The bubble one you mentioned, I was lucky enough to get on my first playthrough. About halfways there, and personally I'm kinda glad because if not this game may have been the quickest 50quid I've ever went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Got this last night, played throught to the second stage boss, I like what I have played so far but the controls are a bit messy or something, keep doing the wrong things, but I'll get used to them.

Hope this is selling well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

currently at 41/50 and losing the will to live

Calex man, you need to take Helix's advice on this. If an achievement has you even typing this in jest, then it's time to put down the controller or play something else.

Calex man, you need to take Helix's advice on this. If an achievement has you even typing this in jest, then it's time to put down the controller or play something else.

I did exactly that :)

Came back to it a while ago and got it 1st time :D

Got this last night, played throught to the second stage boss, I like what I have played so far but the controls are a bit messy or something, keep doing the wrong things, but I'll get used to them.

Hope this is selling well!!

Hmmm, I wonder how it is selling? I couldn't imagine it blowing any doors down sales-wise, but I do wonder how it's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I did exactly that :)

Came back to it a while ago and got it 1st time :D

Slightly O/T, but I used to do the same with "Kick the Bucket" in GH II. Breaks are a good thing for crazy challenging achievements.

Purchase the last of her combat skills last night. There are some great moves in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great game. Love the dialogue between Juliette and Nick. My main problem would be with the camera, it can get incredibly annoying at times. Overall, well worth a play, much better than I expected.

• Advertisement

Slightly O/T, but I used to do the same with "Kick the Bucket" in GH II. Breaks are a good thing for crazy challenging achievements.

Man I only attempted that one again earlier today........................ I failed.

Hanger 18 on expert is another one I've been going back to over the last year in the hope that "I'll get it next time"

In better news I've got the 1000gs from this and will be going back to xtravision in the morning with late fees owed :)

Has to be the most satisfying completion in a while and most frustrating at times ... gondola achievement was the last one I got.

Advertisement