Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Robbed At Knifepoint

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The needle and the damage done.Neil Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Junkies i,d imagine, they,d rob their own mother at knifepoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I wouldn't expect that in daylight. I hope they fall on the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

My friend who works in a jewellers was held a knife point the other day, not a pleasant experience I can imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

My friend who works in a jewellers was held a knife point the other day, not a pleasant experience I can imagine

Jaysus that'd be traumatic indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

few cans? wrote: »

Most people are but like anywhere we have our share of scumbags in this town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

At least she wasn't injured in the attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Sher O'Neils was robbed at knife point twice.
    was sullys not held up at gun point too?
    The joyss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Unfortunately with the recession we can expect more of this kind of stuff and house break ins, thankfully no one hurt this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Junkies i,d imagine, they,d rob their own mother at knifepoint.

Probably right. All you can hope is that a nice strong shipment of powder comes in an a load of em will od.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

and in jaybees on the dunmore road there a few weeks ago. im not sure was it a knife or a fake gun but either way its disgraceful and i hope karma sorts these scumbags out, god knows the gardai probably wont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

If there is one thing i hate, its scumbag junkies beating up and traumatizing innocent people for gear money :( i can only presume that this was the case here..

This carry on was going on a lot in the mid nineties in the the area of Dublin i grew up in, it was reported to the guards numerous times, but there is only so much they can do and weren't able to patrol 24 x 7.. so a few "concerned locals" decided to have a little patrol of their own..

lets just say, our streets got clean pretty quickly after the patrols started :D

lets hope it does not get as bad down here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Where is Jenkins Lane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

ziedth wrote: »
    Where is Jenkins Lane?

at the back of george's st, or back of argos if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus, People walk there the whole time. I mean to hear about these at night down dark alleys is scary enough but that is very worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

One of the staff attacked in the self service area in Tesco tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

kkdela6 wrote: »
    and in jaybees on the dunmore road there a few weeks ago. im not sure was it a knife or a fake gun but either way its disgraceful and i hope karma sorts these scumbags out, god knows the gardai probably wont

Where and what is Jaybees?

south wrote: »
    One of the staff attacked in the self service area in Tesco tonight.

Jesus. But sure there's 24 security there and CCTV to beat the band I'd imagine. What happened? Are they ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Jaybees is the shop/petrol station halfway out to dunmore on the right hand side. A local Amish family run it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

nkay1985 wrote: »
    But sure there's 24 security there and CCTV to beat the band I'd imagine. What happened? Are they ok?

I once had to view CCTV from a well-known Supermarket . - This supermarket was only open about 4 weeks at the time .

It concerned a guy that bought petrol and drove off without paying .

I could'nt believe it when I saw the footage , as it was in black/ white and impossible to make out the guys faces .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Has the violence in town increased or is it just getting reported alot more? Scary that some junkie could change your life forever for one hit :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

cococoady wrote: »
    Jaybees is the shop/petrol station halfway out to dunmore on the right hand side. A local Amish family run it.

Oh right didn't know that was the name, just called it the Amish garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Heathen wrote: »
    If there is one thing i hate, its scumbag junkies beating up and traumatizing innocent people for gear money :( i can only presume that this was the case here..

This carry on was going on a lot in the mid nineties in the the area of Dublin i grew up in, it was reported to the guards numerous times, but there is only so much they can do and weren't able to patrol 24 x 7.. so a few "concerned locals" decided to have a little patrol of their own..

lets just say, our streets got clean pretty quickly after the patrols started :D

lets hope it does not get as bad down here!!

It's the best way to put an end to this ****. Take back control. These bumscags are fckn useless against a hurley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

chelloveks wrote: »
    It's the best way to put an end to this ****. Take back control. These bumscags are fckn useless against a hurley

Last think we need are self righteous scumbags thinking they are judge and jury, you will get innocent people beating up. A vigilante mob is never the way forward. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Bloody hell guys, Knifepoint seems to be a dangerous place.

Never going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

few cans? wrote: »

Not really for a small city compared to Dublin and Cork Waterford is quite a rough enough place.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I once had to view CCTV from a well-known Supermarket . - This supermarket was only open about 4 weeks at the time .

It concerned a guy that bought petrol and drove off without paying .

I could'nt believe it when I saw the footage , as it was in black/ white and impossible to make out the guys faces .

That is defenatly not the case here. The self service tills have more high res cameras than cop shop!

Advertisement