Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Tanks

Options
  • 21-07-2011 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a rc Tank?

I'm thinking about buying one but want something well built and reliable. Hobbyking have several models for around €40 - €60 but the reviews aren't too hot on them. Several shops in the UK have Heng Leng tanks for around the €100 mark. Any opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have a heng leng panther its ok a bit plastic.This is what i want but her self wont let me;) http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=56022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

At that price, I'm not surprised she won't let you have one :D

The tank is for my 5 year old son. I'm indoctrinating him into manly pursuits as his three sisters are trying to turn him to the feminine side!

Where did you get your tank?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

My eldest works in Dublin,got if for me at some show or other,I will inquire.
    Just for your info most of these have a BB gun in the turret.

I tried to order one online but because of the BB gun uk sites wont ship to here.

Update:-The tank was got at the toys for big boys show in 2008.Not much help sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

Where did you get your tank?

There's a crowd up in Monaghan doing them. As it's for a young child I'd probably go for an infrared version rather than the BB.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement