Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting standalone GSM Dialer to HKC panel

Options
  • 21-07-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi ,

I want to connect my HKC panel alarm output to an input in a stand alone GSM dialer.

The inputs to the dialer respond to a connection or disconnection to or from GND. No external voltage can be connected to the input of the dialer inputs.

The alarm outputs on the HKC panel all seem to have voltages ?
    How can I connect the dialer :confused:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi ,

I want to connect my HKC panel alarm output to an input in a stand alone GSM dialer.

The inputs to the dialer respond to a connection or disconnection to or from GND. No external voltage can be connected to the input of the dialer inputs.

What type dialer is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

I would send David a P.M as he uses this GSM. There must be a relay connected to the GSM if it cant take any voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Hi ,

When the GSM unit stats outputs to 0V the HKC output must be (-) When (+) the output trips away from 0V. The GSM should work fine.

Cadzer wrote: »
    When the GSM unit stats outputs to 0V the HKC output must be (-) When (+) the output trips away from 0V. The GSM should work fine.

What if the GSM only has inputs ?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    What if the GSM only has inputs ?

Sorry should have made it that clear. It the HKC outputs that trip not the GSM.

From what i seen of the spec the GSM is just like a standalone dallier. The input of the GSM has to see 0v applied which is HKC output type (-) or 0v removed which i HKC output type (+).

I would of used a relay as it says no external voltage supply can be connected to these terminals.

4 input terminals A to D for SMS reporting (the inputs react to a connection or disconnection to or from a common GND terminal)

Thats just 0v applied or removed. I cant see how they could have a product that you needed extra relays to trip the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

Thanks guys - in the end to be safe , I connected the HKC Alarm o/p to a 12v relay and used this to switch the GSM dialer i/p.

All is working well !

Thanks guys - in the end to be safe , I connected the HKC Alarm o/p to a 12v relay and used this to switch the GSM dialer i/p.

All is working well !

Thanks for getting back to us, that is the way I would of done it too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement