Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumboe Woods

Options
  • 21-07-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

What the hell happened to Drumboe Woods? Haven't been in it for a few months but went for a run through it yesterday and they chopped down a huge amount of trees up the picnic area. It's absolutely disgusting looking. A huge area of the woods now has no bloody trees in it!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

some time ago, they checked the trees using a tool which took sections from the trunk, and found many of them to be rotten in the core which would be dangerous in wind, so they felled them. A few came down during that freak storm the day Obama visited Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

some time ago, they checked the trees using a tool which took sections from the trunk, and found many of them to be rotten in the core which would be dangerous in wind, so they felled them. A few came down during that freak storm the day Obama visited Ireland.

Maybe one for the Conspiracy Theory forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭doc_17

rightyabe wrote: »

The ones that didn't come down that Monday would have been hard to shake. Well done Coillte.....place looks awful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

doc_17 wrote: »
    The ones that didn't come down that Monday would have been hard to shake. Well done Coillte.....place looks awful now.

I think safety come first.

Say if they didn't cut them down and one fell on you, bet you'd be complaining then.

rightyabe wrote: »

the reason I remember it was the same day is because I was sitting in the Jacuzzi in Jackson's leisure centre looking over at Drumboe woods while listening to Newstalk coverage of Obama visit, I saw one of the trees fall during the broadcast :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

the reason I remember it was the same day is because I was sitting in the Jacuzzi in Jackson's leisure centre looking over at Drumboe woods while listening to Newstalk coverage of Obama visit, I saw one of the trees fall during the broadcast :P
    Maybe it was the weight of the perv sitting in the tree and who was peeping in at you that made it topple over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »
    Maybe it was the weight of the perv sitting in the tree and who was peeping in at you that made it topple over :D

I didn't know you were a good climber Muffler :pac:

muffler wrote: »

maybe we could have a thread for reporting stalkers!

Advertisement