Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Hairdresser for Blonde Hair

Options
  • 21-07-2011 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi - I'm looking for recommendations for a realllyyyy good hairdresser who colours blonde hair really well.

I've had my fair share of hairdressers who end up making my hair yellow so I'm pretty fussy! I've had the same hairdresser for 6 years at home but moved here 3 weeks ago and using him isn't practical.

I'm not keen on paying anymore than 100 euro for a full head of highlights so peter mark is a no no (sorry PM!!) :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Well, chances are you'll be paying more than €100 for a good hairdresser. I go to Guapa, which I couldn't recommend more. It's about €80 for a half head (not including cut) and €120 for a full (not including cut). It's very expensive, but SO worth it. If you're really looking for cheaper, enquire about their colouring classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

Do not go near picasso they ruined my hair they burned it and left it a horrible honey colour
    Faith wrote: »
    Well, chances are you'll be paying more than €100 for a good hairdresser. I go to Guapa, which I couldn't recommend more. It's about €80 for a half head (not including cut) and €120 for a full (not including cut). It's very expensive, but SO worth it. If you're really looking for cheaper, enquire about their colouring classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mtmccallion

Faith wrote: »

Yeah the heartbreaking thing is my own hairdresser is fantastic but he's in Derry so not exactly handy for me! A full head of highlights and a cut with him would be about 90 euro. Not sure I'd let them experiment on my hair with a colouring class...but thanks for the name. I'll check them out! :)

Do not go near picasso they ruined my hair they burned it and left it a horrible honey colour

Name noted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Corkboi

Try Hair salon on Barrack Street, Good prices and My missus said they are very good (Note: the missus has blond hair also) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

Honestly I don't think you can get nice blonde highlights on the cheap....unless, as another poster suggested, you go to classes in a good salon where qualified stylists are supervising the students.
    I've tried a lot of places in Cork and the best place I've found is Origins. My hair colour never goes yellowy or brassy - like a lot of even good highlights tend to go after about 6 weeks. It costs €120 for full head and cut with a student card, but I think it's worth it, especially as I tend to leave over 3 months between appointments.

Was up home over bank holiday and got the roots done for 70 euro (half head) including a cut...aagghh why can't Cork prices be the same haha :D yeah I know myself that if you want a quality colour then you do pay for it, especially highlights! I've looked for that Origins place but their website is down...do you have a number for them?

Advertisement