Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chin Up Station - Steel Pipes required!

• 21-07-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I'm trying to build a free standing chin/pull up station. I found a good plan for this online but I just don't know where to buy the steel pipe from. I have attached a pic of what it will look like and also the instructions that came with it. However, I have no idea where I can get the steel pipe required. Can somebody point me in the right direction please? I'll be looking for about 8ft in lenth.

Thanks in advance!
    The base for this chinup bar is made of 2 x 6's, screwed and glued; 4' on the side, centered under the flanges which connect to the upright posts, and approximately 5' across the middle, on top, with a 2 x 6 support underneath. The upright posts are 1" (1.333" O.D.) x 6' steel pipes screwed into flanges which are bolted to the base. The chinup bar is a 3/4" (1" O.D.) x 4' steel pipe connected to the 1" pipes with 1"-3/4" reducing elbows. 6' is a standard threaded pipe length. If a different height is desired, custom pipes cut and threaded to specifications can always be used.

A plywood platform could also be used for this chinup bar, which could accomodate other uses; hooks and eyebolts attached for strand or isometric exercises, pushup handles, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bonger

Sound man, thanks for that! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Heaton Buckley Steel Merchants or else Lesley Reynolds Stainless steel stockholders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

That frame will not hold straight up, if you get any sway motion at all with the weight of an average person you will rip through your base eventually. that website linked will have connections there for you to add to the stability of the structure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

I would add two struts at the bottom either side. It wont hold very long without them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement