Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Kildare senior hurling panel for Saturday's Christy Ring opener against Antrim:

Cgl19NZWgAAEPsX.jpg:large

Kildare senior football team for Saturday's division 3 final against Clare:

13006506_1267687956592441_7503890242038268808_n.png?oh=e71fa2073e7834b6779df32f88d5f5b5&oe=57729B97

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Is it me or have we started a different player at full forward for everyone of our league games?

Like the look of that team, Callaghan should feel a little unlucky, though.

Switching Cribbin and Feely helped turn the game the last day against Clare. Daniel Flynn's injury is unfortunate because he looked good at 14 against Tipperary. Leper is probably best deployed off the bench at this stage of his career. I think Jonathan Byrne is unlucky not to be starting although Houlihan was impressive in the u21 Leinster Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This Jimmy Hyland guy (corner fwd for minors) (Aylmer Gaels) looks seriously good. Bit of Johnny Doyle about him the way he carries himself on the ball. Second year in minor now. Had a big role last year in their journey after being initially a sub.

Hope he isn't rushed through next few years, few great ballers coming through. Good prospects for the future.I'm well aware its a completely different game once you step up to seniors (or indeed U 21) but few of these guys really look very good.

• Advertisement

Hyland is a fine footballer, the only thing with him is his size. He's very small, much the same as Chris Healy. Both similar to Niall Kelly, if they turn out to be half as good as him they'll be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Jimmy is a class act, been watching him since he's been underage with Ballyteague for the last few years. Very clever corner that always seems to find space for scores. Hopefully he'll make the step up to senior over the next few years

Torricelli wrote: »
    Hyland is a fine footballer, the only thing with him is his size. He's very small, much the same as Chris Healy. Both similar to Niall Kelly, if they turn out to be half as good as him they'll be doing well.

trust me, that guy will grow if he follows his genes!! His da is a big man and for 16 years of age (maybe just turned 17) going by this photo,(last year) I wouldnt consider him too small!

Again, he is corner forward so height (or lack thereof) not necessarily a huge detriment, indeed with his style of play, a low centre of gravity is an advantage rather than a disadvantage.

dillon-keating-celebrates-scoring-his-sides-third-goal-2-390x285.jpg

Ciaran Kelly in the other corner for the minors is a fine prospect too. For a county that was always lambasted for a lack of scoring forwards we seem to be producing plenty of them recently. Neil Flynn and Ben McCormack were seriously good for the u21s this year and can hopefully make an impression at senior level this summer.

Ciaran Kelly in the other corner for the minors is a fine prospect too. For a county that was always lambasted for a lack of scoring forwards we seem to be producing plenty of them recently. Neil Flynn and Ben McCormack were seriously good for the u21s this year and can hopefully make an impression at senior level this summer.

Yeah kelly is class. Has got more headlines than hyland though so thought I'd mention the latter

• Advertisement

Yeah kelly is class. Has got more headlines than hyland though so thought I'd mention the latter

Maybe so far this year but Hyland was the talk of the town last year. He was central to Rathangan winning their colleges All Ireland and was man of the match in the Leinster minor final. Kelly has had his chance to shine this year with Scoil Mhuire's run in the Leinster colleges and being involved in a very good Clane minor team.

I'm not sure if it's as strong a minor group as last year but the full forward line of Kelly, McLoughlin and Hyland gives them a shout against any team.

Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

This says it all......... Classic Kildare! Some game of football all the same (as was the Antrim game)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

We left too many gaps open at our goals. We should have lost by more than a point.

If it's any consolation, the hurling in Parnell Park was worse.

Kildare IFC Rd 1

Ballyteague v Kill
    Ellistown v Rathangan
    Sallins v Clogherinkoe
    Ballymore v Straffan
    Suncroft v Castlemitchell
    Raheens v Two Mile House
    Kilcock v Nurney
    St Kevin's v Round Towers

Kildare SFC Rd 1

Clane v Moorefield
    Monasterevan v Johnstownbridge
    Castledermot v Maynooth
    Leixlip v Eadestown
    Celbridge v Athy
    Carbury v Sarsfields
    Allenwood v Naas
    Confey v St Laurence's

Kevin's v Towers and Celbridge v Athy the stand out draws there.

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Third year in a row Confey and Larries drew each other in first round. Any date announced?

All games weekend of 27-29th May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

When did they say the junior is on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Very disappointing result against Clare.

Hard to know what to expect in the Championship, we have a decent draw but I wouldn't be lumping on us getting to the final. Kildare football is in a poor enough place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i for one will be refraining from putting my house on kildare to win sam for another year :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Very disappointing result against Clare.

Hard to know what to expect in the Championship, we have a decent draw but I wouldn't be lumping on us getting to the final. Kildare football is in a poor enough place.

If only we could fast forwArd 3 years!! (And knock Dublin back 7 years!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If only we could fast forwArd 3 years!! (And knock Dublin back 7 years!)
    the way dublin are playing to catch up we would need the mob to break at least 40 lads legs :D

mightyreds wrote: »
    When did they say the junior is on
    Weekend after next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

feargale wrote: »
    Hi folks, here's a wiki entry for Castledermot:

St Dermot’s hurling club was founded by Iran natives Mouhammd Kaliki and Halib Kumenstan in 1958.

Is this an April fool joke or is it genuine? ( Just curious.)

Any information please? Did the hurling come from Iran or was it brought back there? Did Iran subsequently field a team in the All-Ireland junior championship?

Christy Ring Cup half time:

Wicklow 0-6 Kildare 0-7

Kildare up by 7 points entering the last 15 minutes. Wicklow have only scored a point in the second half.

Wicklow 0-7 Kildare 0-14

• Advertisement

Christy Ring Cup result:

Wicklow 0-9 Kildare 0-17

Advertisement