Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

SHC Replay:

Celbridge 2-18 Ardclough 0-14

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

if kildare are naive enough to try mark o'shea 1on1 they're in for one long evening

Adam Tyrrell out with a concussion. Ollie Lyons hasn't trained this week with a hip injury. Daniel Flynn and Paul Cribbin still long term injuries.

CnbjkfvXgAAZlCh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Two half backs in the half forward line - don't think this will be a classic!

• Advertisement

Pretty much as you were from last week. Fitzpatrick for Kelly is like for like as is Eoghan O'Flaherty for Tyrrell. Don't be surprised if Kelly starts as Lyons must be doubtful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

Not one player from Moorefield or Sarsfields on the starting 15. A long time since that happened I'd say.

How many times can this group of players make the same basic errors over and over again?

I suppose the one positive is that we didn't totally capitulate in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

El Chapo wrote: »
    Not one player from Moorefield or Sarsfields on the starting 15. A long time since that happened I'd say.

Did Eanna O'Connor leave the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Actually wasn't a bad performance bar last 10 mins of first half. Cleaned them out around the middle. Bit disappointed with Niall Kelly tonight never seems to step up to the plate in a big game

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What was the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

beertons wrote:
    What was the result?

2-17 to 0-14

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Here's to next year...

CILL DARA ABÚ

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Suppose its good for them that they have the summer off, that hasn't happened in a while. The club's must be delighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

Lots of back slapping over that second half performance. It's like the first half never happened. It's like Mayo never waltzed in for two handy goals. It's like some corner forward who was never heard of before kicked 1-5. DOC, a wing forward, 1-6.

So many basic errors. Taking possession into contact, needless fouling and of course, the wayward hand passing.

Glad to see the back of them until next January.

Best of luck to the minors today.

The Kildare underage teams have been excellent over last few years. Here's hoping we see some of those players pushing some of the senior panel aside in the next few years.

Kildare football is horribly stale and has been for a few years. A massive shake up needed imo and the players need to go back to basics the amount of handling mistakes in our games is laughable...

Hope Dublin defend Sam now fantastic team in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

paulie21 wrote: »
    Don't mind the draw tbh at least we'll be knocked out by a big team just hope we don't shift another hiding. Talk about it being played on Sunday with the Connaught final replay been in Castlebar on Saturday evening wouldn't be fair on Kildare supporters with the minors playing but sure GAA don't care and there's nobody with a backbone in Kildare executive

Hmmm.

It's the worst possible draw in my opinion.
    1. We are up against a team in the top bracket in the country and what is to be learnt from "at least we'll be knocked out by a big team". I'm sure you don't want them knocked out at all of course but what is there to be learnt if we, as you are so sure (I am also pretty sure) we will be knocked out by a team expected to beat us. What do we ever learn from hammering by Dublin.
    Only thing a defeat to Mayo et Al gives fans and backroom staff an attitude of "ah sure it's to be expected ".

At least since the Clare game we know we are far below any level we were under McGeeny''s peak years.
    If we are inevitably to be knocked out let it be against a team that we should beat. At least thatmay set a trail in motion for more changes and a look at a squad that is clearly not up to much the last 2 months, whether due to bad management, player motivation and squad togetherness, training mechanisms or merely capability.

A moral defeat so early in the qualifiers or a trashing to a team like Mayo who noone knows what state they are in at the moment is a pointless lesson.

Exactly how I thought. We learnt f all from yesterday. I genuinely don't know what Mayo team turned up, what gear they were playing in or what would have happened if we hadn't conceded 2-2 at the worst possible time in the first half. 14 points is a good tally to be fair but impossible to know what it means given circumstances the manner that game developed. Very strange game, quite enjoyable as a neutral game, I imagine. But I don't think it will initiate many changes to be honest in backroom staff

Cnj_8mPW8AAngm4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cnj_8mPW8AAngm4.jpg

That forward line. So impressive. Especially the full forward trio. Great weather for positive attacking football also. Could be comprehensive win here.

Are they putting up a stream! It was frustrting seeing someone inform us here last time out after the match ended that there was a stream available !!:D:D

• Advertisement

A straightforward victory would obviously be nice but Laois won in the league semi final and we only beat them by a point last year in Portlaoise. Kildare looked a very good team against Meath so hopefully we'll have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The Kildare underage teams have been excellent over last few years. Here's hoping we see some of those players pushing some of the senior panel aside in the next few years.

Kildare played some good football in patches yesterday and had the upper hand in some areas for large parts of the game.
    Some great committed blocking from mayo maybe took a goal from Kildare's side. Overall I thought it was much more promising than last year from Kildare, some of the players showed they are more than capable, the ingredients might be there from the underage team who as you say are doing well. Unlucky in the U21 comp this year etc.

Leinster MFC Final:

Kildare 0-9 Laois 0-4 (HT)

Kildare's dominance not totally reflected on the scoreboard although we've kicked the last three points to give a bit of a buffer going into the second half.

Kildare turning it on now.

Three quick points in a row for Laois. Kildare lead cut to six.

Goal for Jack Robinson!

Leinster MFC Final:

Kildare 1-18 Laois 0-10

Third Leinster title in four years for Kildare at this grade.

Kildare 1-18 Laois 0-10

Kildare: Luke Mullins, John O’Toole, Mark Dempsey, David Shaw, Tony Archbald (0-2), Jason Gibbons, Sam Doran, David Marnell, Aaron Masterson, Jack Robinson (1-1), David Kelly, Kevin Foley (0-1), Ciaran Kelly (0-2), Brian McLoughlin (0-3), Jimmy Hyland (0-7, 4fs).

Subs: Cian Costigan (0-1) for David Kelly, Paddy Woodgate (0-1) for Kevin Foley, Danny O’Sullivan for Tony Archbald, James Burke for Brian McLoughlin.

Stoner wrote: »
    Kildare played some good football in patches yesterday and had the upper hand in some areas for large parts of the game.
    Some great committed blocking from mayo maybe took a goal from Kildare's side. Overall I thought it was much more promising than last year from Kildare, some of the players showed they are more than capable, the ingredients might be there from the underage team who as you say are doing well. Unlucky in the U21 comp this year etc.
    Ah it's not all doom and gloom underage fantastic and on the minor team Hyland in particular is hot property

• Advertisement

All Ireland MFC 1/4 Final:

Kildare v Mayo (2:00, Mon 1 August)

O'Connor Park, Tullamore

Advertisement