Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Any taughts on Sundays game?? If we play like we did against dublin we will we will struggle to stay up

The first three fixtures are tough - Meath in Navan, Cork in Newbridge, Derry in Celtic Park. We need to get some points in those three. Lose the lot and we're odds on to go down. It's not the worst team of footballers we've ever assembled but there just appears to be a serious lack of confidence and drive in them as a group. Ability wise we should be holding our own in this company but I fear other teams in this division will be too hardy and streetwise for our lads although I'd be delighted to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Agree we do have nice footballers and they need to gel a bit more but for these 7 games cian needs to make the likes of eoin Doyle and cribben amd moolick to stand up for the cause .
    We are kinda on the back foot at the moment and need to hit the running and I suppose if we don't perform well on Sunday it will be the story for the rest of the season.
    Anyways early days and a bit positivity is needed..
    Cill dara abu

NFL Div 2:

Meath 0-16 Kildare 3-17

Perfect response after the disappointment of the last day regardless of how abject Meath were. A lot of the players who were no shows against Dublin were much improved. Ben McCormack set the tone in the first minute and he had a fine game for a lad making his first league appearance. Meath couldn't live with himself and Kelly although Niall was lucky to avoid a black card in the first half. Our midfield was dominant with Feely making four or five great marks. Still plenty to work on but getting points on the board early in the campaign is great in what is bound to be a competitive division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I'm delighted. Great when you beat that shower off the field especially on their patch. We need to remember though it's only Meath and tougher tests will come. Let's hope it's a platform though and going into the last round of games that we are still in the hunt for promotion.

The likes of Ben Mc, D Flynn, N Flynn and N Kelly would benefit hugely from a year of division one ball.

a%20conleths.png

• Advertisement

16603115_1553605401334027_986725845728809666_n.png?oh=cd9b610d4369a26cdc85e1487ed1a84b&oe=5947DF2E

Delighted to be proved wrong with Kildare's start to this league campaign. I think we can almost take more encouragement from this week than last week. When Cork pulled it back to two points it looked ominous and our old friend Cormac Reilly was seemingly wearing red tinted spectacles. Kildare had to show a bit of dog and they did. It's still very early days but it's the first time in ages that Kildare look to be moving forward again.

McCormack topped his performance last week while the two Flynns seemed a lot more involved. Feely got the better of Aidan Walsh and the backs held Cork's main threats fairly well. I thought Hyland and Keith Cribbin had their best games in a while. I still worry that the panel beyond the first fifteen lacks a bit of depth which might be exposed if we pick up injuries but hopefully young lads like Healy, Hartley and Ryan will push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'm frightened to give ya the kiss of death lads.. so being somewhat positive I'll say another win should see ya safe :rolleyes: .. very encouraging

Another really solid performance but lets not get carried away either. It's the 14 of feb.

Take it one game at a time rather than getting carried away with talk of promotion.

N Flynn and McCormack will only better and need to be let develop as forwards.

Derry is the acid test I feel. We have beaten what you would assume is stronger opposition in Meath and Cork so going up there and backing it up with a performance ( a win would be great but I'd settle for a performance) is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Derry are missing almost 20 from last years panel. 12 walkouts, 4 on Slaughtneil side and injuries. As my friend from Derry says, a good club side would hammer them.

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »
    Derry are missing almost 20 from last years panel. 12 walkouts, 4 on Slaughtneil side and injuries. As my friend from Derry says, a good club side would hammer them.

He would say that though, no?

We go in with that attitude and the complacency will beat us.

Although if Meath can beat them like that they probably aren't up to a lot.

NHL 2A

Kildare 1-16 Westmeath 0-14

Two from two for Kildare. In great shape now to retain 2A status.

No changes to the Kildare team for Sunday's match in Derry.

That's a long day of driving to see that happen to your team in the last minute.

:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What's the jazz. Square ball?

beertons wrote: »
    What's the jazz. Square ball?

Our goalie was fouled.

Important we bounce back next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I think, long term, the best thing for Kildare would be to just miss out on Div1 for next year. I'd like to see them power through Div 2 next year and bring that form into qualifying for the Super 8. It would set them up better for maintaining the Div1 level long term.

Block by block.

C51LDDEWgAEW-Mu.jpg

Leinster U21FC 1/4 Final:

Kildare 0-1 Longford 2-3 (HT)

Desperate first half from Kildare.

Kildare back level.

• Advertisement

Leinster U21FC 1/4 Final result:

Kildare 0-10 Longford 2-6

Disappointing night. McCormack replaced at half time which isn't great news for the seniors either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

great fightback all the same. Hard to play proper ball in that muck

Serious fall off on that panel from minor level for different reasons. No Paul Mescal, Rory Feely, Matthew Kelly, Alan Scully, Ethan O'Donoghue and Sean Dempsey on the panel and none of Brian McLoughlin, Jimmy Hyland and Ciaran Kelly from last year's minors available either.

Kildare haven't the depth of talent to afford to let our best minors drift away.

One change to the Kildare team for Sunday v Fermanagh. Paul Cribbin in for Peter Kelly.

Some start by Kildare. The lads on kfm might not have their voices left in another 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

3-6 to 0-9 at half time

Tommy Moolick x 2
    Chris Healy

Great win for the footballers. Never lost focus, according to what I heard on the radio. Not many wides either.

Very good performance. It's a long time since I have seen a Kildare forward line functioning as well. Chris Healy has slotted in seamlessly for McCormack and Neil Flynn has found his form. Fergal Conway to wing forward is really paying dividends for us. He gets through so much of the dirty work around the middle.

NHL Div 2A:

Antrim 1-16 Kildare 1-14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Meath have beaten Galway which keeps us top going into the 2 weeks break

Advertisement