Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Mark Dempsey (Moorefield) and Jimmy Hyland (Ballyteague) added to the Kildare senior football panel as "development players."

some step up from Hyland. Hope they don't overwork him though after the cruciate injury. Let him slowly (well relatively so) build up to intense training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

It's a bit of planning for the next few years I'd say. That's three of the 2018 u20s on the panel if you include Paddy Woodgate. Any player who plays senior football in the same year becomes ineligible for the u20 competition so it's highly unlikely Woodgate, Hyland or Dempsey will play in next year's O'Byrne Cup or National League (depending on how far the u20 team go). I suppose it's no harm to give them a bit of exposure to the senior panel now. Ben McCormack, Shea Ryan, Conor Hartley and Mark Hyland will be overage for u20 football next year so we can expect to see a bit more of them for the Kildare seniors during the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

that hyland lad is a seriously good player, if he lives up to half his potential we will have a great player on our hands

Kildare Under 17 team v Wexford:

DEir-JJXYAAXXPt.jpg

Leinster U17FC 1/4 Final:

Kildare 6-15 Wexford 1-8

• Advertisement

Leinster U17FC 1/4 Final:

Kildare 6-15 Wexford 1-8

touch and go game...........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Under 17s playing Meath in Newbridge on Tuesday evening

paulie21 wrote: »
    Under 17s playing Meath in Newbridge on Tuesday evening

Meath probably have the strongest team in Leinster at this level. They gave Dublin a sound beating in the first round. Good test for the Kildare lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thought I would throw this in here given ye're unlikely to cross enemy lines this week. :)

Nice little memory from 2002.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2017/0712/889716-dublin-hold-off-kildare-to-take-leinster/

DEuI7fOXgAISlD6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Let the games begin!!!!!!!...

9/1 definitely worth a tenner

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm going to mass early tomorrow, too nervous to say the prayers on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Nobody is giving us a chance, even Johnny Doyle. I think the primary possession is key. Dublin ran riot against Westmeath but they also won nearly every restart from either end. Maybe Im being too optimistic, but we have a midfield that is capable of dominating the centre and we also have a couple of scoring forwards, so there is a chance this will be closer than most pundits are giving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

ixus wrote: »

How we handle our own kickouts (there will be plenty) and prevent Dubs from disrupting ours is key. I wonder will we go for a lot of medium ranged kick outs to try and win marks.

This is proving even more crucial across all teams. The amount of turnover scores by a teams own kickouts conceded on televised games in the last few weeks is savage. Derry, Clare, Monaghan all beaten because of it.

Better to boot out old style and deal with the play from there than be caught on the hop for a goal and a few points. Does more psychological damage.

Haven Hire SHC:

Confey 0-21 Leixlip 0-6

Haven Hire SHC:

Éire Óg/CC 2-15 Coill Dubh 1-15

Looking at the galway and roscommon game last week the terrible kickouts on galways behave surely cost them.. now come tomorrow that's one thing we can't afford to do is be to losing our kickouts.
    Looking at the Dublin team we definitely have the men to work the midfield and with connelly out its probably the weaker part of the Dublin team now. I just can't see kilkenny pulling the strings there..
    Dublin will probably place short kickouts and work the ball up the field which they are very good at doing that and we wouldn't be the best of breaking down the attack but hopefully that's something Dr O Neill was working on last four weeks..
    I'm gonna be biased and go with kildare by 4ðŸ˜႒

Haven Hire SHC:

Celbridge 1-17 Ardclough 2-10

Looking at the galway and roscommon game last week the terrible kickouts on galways behave surely cost them.. now come tomorrow that's one thing we can't afford to do is be to losing our kickouts.
    Looking at the Dublin team we definitely have the men to work the midfield and with connelly out its probably the weaker part of the Dublin team now. I just can't see kilkenny pulling the strings there..
    Dublin will probably place short kickouts and work the ball up the field which they are very good at doing that and we wouldn't be the best of breaking down the attack but hopefully that's something Dr O Neill was working on last four weeks..
    I'm gonna be biased and go with kildare by 4ðŸ˜႒

One of best display areas over the last 2 games has been turning over the ball and picking up breaking ball . So short running football by the Dubs shouldn't scare us too much compared to other areas that they hold the advantage over us, relatively speaking

Haven Hire SHC:

Naas 3-17 Clane 0-10

• Advertisement

One of best display areas over the last 2 games has been turning over the ball and picking up breaking ball . So short running football by the Dubs shouldn't scare us too much compared to other areas that they hold the advantage over us, relatively speaking

Our full forward need to so defensive tomorrow if Dublin decide to go short or else they will be in a scoring opportunity very quickly if we let them. Cian o Sullivan when got the ball just ran at kildare and got 30 or 40 yards and into a very well placed scoring position again and again but was let down by poor shot decision or didn't have the runners with him. Dublin will punish you for that very quickly.

This team hasn't anything to fear of Dublin and if we are to play division 1 football next year we can't really being beat by 9 points as the bookies would say. I hope we are better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Haven Hire SHC:

Naas 3-17 Clane 0-10
    ooh that's a bad beating for clane... naas not too shabby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Best of luck today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great effort from the lads today. Two very soft goals but apart from that we applied ourselves very well. Everyone put in a shift there, though I thought Conway was poor and should have been taken off sooner.

Lots of positives to take forward, bring on the qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Johner wrote: »
    Great effort from the lads today. Two very soft goals but apart from that we applied ourselves very well. Everyone put in a shift there, though I thought Conway was poor and should have been taken off sooner.

Lots of positives to take forward, bring on the qualifiers.

nervous start , but a young team will learn from this , first 15 minutes aside it was a very good performance , 1-17 any day of the week against dublin is really good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone know if Feely is suspended for next game? Heard few people saying he is because it's his third black card this year

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The goals were soft.

How many balls dropped short into Cluxtons hands? Them ones they should have made count.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Feely is suspended for next game? Heard few people saying he is because it's his third black card this year

That's the rule and I think so. Might be appealed.
    Armagh or Monaghan. Open draw because Down faced both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That's the rule and I think so. Might be appealed.
    Armagh or Monaghan. Open draw because Down faced both.

Don't see how they would win any appeal

• Advertisement

This is proving even more crucial across all teams. The amount of turnover scores by a teams own kickouts conceded on televised games in the last few weeks is savage. Derry, Clare, Monaghan all beaten because of it.

Better to boot out old style and deal with the play from there than be caught on the hop for a goal and a few points. Does more psychological damage.

Kick outs worked well. A few where breaks could have been contested better but no fk ups.

Conway off form which is going to happen 1 player on the day. When Brophy gets up to speed he will be lethal.

Thought the move was to bring Dan Flynn into Conways position and attack both wings with Slattery. Then bring a goal threat on like Neil Flynn or McCormack. Unfortunately, Flynn injured and McCormack off the pace after injury.

A lot of positives that a few more games would help build

Advertisement