Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Don't see how they would win any appeal

Neither do I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

As a dub that was some performance from Feely

One of the best I have seen in HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Not the worst outcome considering we were 2-4 to 0-1 down after twenty minutes. Credit to the lads for sticking at it when I'm sure most of us thought it was going to be another wipeout.

Feely is a massive loss for the next game and Doyle is likely to be out as well. Two weeks to get the heads right and go again. Watching Monaghan and Armagh playing yesterday there is no reason we should fear either team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

That Dublin side are a serious unit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Geezer Bowl

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Geezer Bowl

Hopefully it's in Navan. Kildare's recent record there reads so much better than Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It is in Croke Park, double header,

It is in Croke Park, double header,

That's a pity. It would have attracted a big crowd in Navan or Cavan. A half full Croke Park never generates any sort of atmosphere.

That's a pity. It would have attracted a big crowd in Navan or Cavan. A half full Croke Park never generates any sort of atmosphere.

Yeah 3 northern counties seems a bit odd to do that. Hopefully they will knock prices down and give some free tickets to underage kids to entice some extra few thousand.
    I imagine that after yesterday the Kildare support will increase again and with a Saturday throw in you are looking at a few extra thousand from us

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Since they closed off the two banks behind each goal for 'health and safety' reasons, Navan only holds about 12k.

Clones or Breffni would have been good picks. There is nothing worse than an empty Croke Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I've second taughts now about going to this game now. Hate Croke park when it's empty. I don't understand this at all.
    Cavan would of been a better venue.
    See its on sky too.. could be a night for the high stool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Feely is a massive loss for the next game and Doyle is likely to be out as well. Two weeks to get the heads right and go again. Watching Monaghan and Armagh playing yesterday there is no reason we should fear either team.

Hopefully he can get one overturned

Stoner wrote: »
    Hopefully he can get one overturned

I understand they are appealing the one which he picked up against Cork and that they have video evidence.

Would rather Feely missed Armagh than potentially Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I understand they are appealing the one which he picked up against Cork and that they have video evidence.

Eh? You can go back that far?

ixus wrote: »
    Would rather Feely missed Armagh than potentially Tyrone.

I think we might struggle to get past Armagh without him. Midfield is severely weakened and it also leaves us without a recognised freetaker with Neil Flynn also missing. He also brings great leadership which becomes even more important with Eoin Doyle out.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Eh? You can go back that far?

According to a few people locally you can't appeal previous black cards until a suspension. How accurate that is, I don't know.

I think we might struggle to get past Armagh without him. Midfield is severely weakened and it also leaves us without a recognised freetaker with Neil Flynn also missing. He also brings great leadership which becomes even more important with Eoin Doyle out.

Oh I agree but if he were to pick up one again, we would be hammered by Tyrone without him. Didn't he pick up two yellow cards against Clare last year? A bit of a habit of picking up soft cards.

One game at a time I suppose.

According to a few people locally you can't appeal previous black cards until a suspension. How accurate that is, I don't know.

Yeah, that is the avenue they are going down. I don't think they were complaining about the one yesterday to be fair.

And, as you said, surely you can only appeal a suspension I would imagine?? As a black card, on its own doesn't initiate any suspension

Kildare u17 v Meath:

1 Eric Evans (St Laurence's)
    2 Leon Tsang (Round Towers)
    3 Conor Lynch (Maynooth)
    4 Karl Hartley (Sarsfields)
    5 Justin Reilly (Carbury)
    6 DJ Earley (Monasterevan)
    7 James Ebbs (Round Towers)
    8 Cian McQuillan (Sarsfields)
    9 Adam Steed (Grangenolvin)
    10 Sam McCormack (Clane)
    11 Shane O'Sullivan (Clane)
    12 Jack Doyle (Suncroft)
    13 Billy Maher (Aylmer Gaels)
    14 Paidi Behan (Kilcullen)
    15 Darragh Kirwan (Naas)

• Advertisement

Leinster U17FC Semi Final:

Kildare 0-6 Meath 1-7 (HT)

Goal conceded just before half time like the minors a few weeks ago leaves this an uphill struggle in the second half.

Leinster U17FC Semi Final:

Kildare 1-12 Meath 2-13

Always chasing the game in the second half. Kildare had enough chances.

Very good Meath team. It would be a surprise if they don't win the final.

Some excellent news this morning. Kevin Feely has had his black card against Clare rescinded and is available to face Armagh

paulie21 wrote: »
    Some excellent news this morning. Kevin Feely has had his black card against Clare rescinded and is available to face Armagh

brilliant stuff! Didn't know it was the Clare one they were objecting, thought it was the Cork one!

SFL Division 1 Semi Final:

Naas 1-18 Celbridge 1-17

SFL Division 1 Semi Final:

Moorefield 1-18 Carbury 1-11

Neil Flynn ruled out of the Armagh match.

Dan Flynn named GAA player of June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Best of luck at the weekend lads, definitely a team going places.

• Advertisement

DF2OqO5XsAQweHq.jpg

Peter Kelly replaces Eoin Doyle. Kevin Feely takes over as captain.

Advertisement