Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Haven Hire SHC Final:

Ardclough 1-15 Naas 1-12

Great win for Ardclough. Their first title in 11 years.

Delighted for Ardclough. Naas dont really have the head for finals. Could have been a bit more apart from some poor shooting amd fouling.

paulie21 wrote: »
    In fairness Athy bounced back well after conceding two early goals. They had a goal chance of their own to go ahead thought Kelly should of took the point and Moorefield countered down the field and got the killer goal

Listening to the game on kfm. Jaysus ger mcnally really needs to be a bit more unbiased. The ****e he was talking about athy. The building up of rory feely really backfired. I normally like ger but when athy are playing he's poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Delighted for Ardclough. Naas dont really have the head for finals. Could have been a bit more apart from some poor shooting amd fouling.

Won the intermediate final handy enough so they can't be too bad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Thats mickey mouse stuff. Naas think they have a god given rite to win senior in kildare. Another kick in the bollix for tgem today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Thats mickey mouse stuff. Naas think they have a god given rite to win senior in kildare. Another kick in the bollix for tgem today.

When you say "Naas" who do you mean?? The players, the manager, the general people of Naas.
    The result yesterday was a surprise, even for some a shock, for 90% of Hurling fans in the county
    The players themselves can't help it if they were favourites. They are clearly a good team.

I'm guessing you are not a Naas man..... (neither am I) but that post is a bit odd.

• Advertisement

When you say "Naas" who do you mean?? The players, the manager, the general people of Naas.
    The result yesterday was a surprise, even for some a shock, for 90% of Hurling fans in the county
    The players themselves can't help it if they were favourites. They are clearly a good team.

I'm guessing you are not a Naas man..... (neither am I) but that post is a bit odd.

Ah stop. All they though they had to do was show up. Delighted they failed again. Some of the players are grand but they have two lads on the line who are nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ah stop. All they though they had to do was show up. Delighted they failed again. Some of the players are grand but they have two lads on the line who are nasty.

Am I right in saying Naas' last win was 2002?

Why do you think they thought all they had to do was turn up? Lads I was speaking to were saying it would be close.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Am I right in saying Naas' last win was 2002?

Why do you think they thought all they had to do was turn up? Lads I was speaking to were saying it would be close.

One comment i heard from them was "we only have to worry about celbridge"

Who is they?

Fair enough, take pleasure from a team losing, that is your perogative as a rival fan, but at least don't offer silly notions that the players themselves "knew" they had it in the bag.

They were obviously confident, having beaten them by 10 points a couple of months ago and being very impressive all season but I am sure they never let their guard down. It was a hard fought match, better team on day won and sin e.

Your disdain towards them is thwarting how you are psycho-analysing their thoughts before the throw in.

One comment i heard from them was "we only have to worry about celbridge"

Sure.

Go on then, who said that. Name and shame.

• Advertisement

Sure.

Go on then, who said that. Name and shame.

No way not on an internet forum.

Who said it would be close out of interest?

Well if you are willing to call them nasty, bottlers and say how delighted you are that they are lost, I would have imagined you may have no difficulties naming a player who you are attributing a relatively harmless (and obviously fabricated) quote to.

Anyway, not really *rsed with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Left their two best hurlers playing intermediate, learned the lesson of that in the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Courtyard Hotel Leixlip IFC Final:

Raheens 2-12 Kilcock 1-9

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Raheens 2-12 Kilcock 1-9

Some party in Caragh this week, I've heard a load of lads have booked the week off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Raheens 2-12 Kilcock 1-9

a lot closer game than the scoreline suggests. kilcock were up by 4 at one stage then gifted raheens a goal. it was tough and tight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

League fixtures:

Dublin (a)
    Monaghan (h)
    Tyrone (h)
    Donegal (a)
    Mayo (h)
    Kerry (a)
    Galway (h)

paulie21 wrote: »
    League fixtures:

Dublin (a)
    Monaghan (h)
    Tyrone (h)
    Donegal (a)
    Mayo (h)
    Kerry (a)
    Galway (h)

Great to look at the opposition of Division 1 on paper. Dublin under lights opener, no dout

SFC Final:

Moorefield 0-7
    Celbridge 0-2

Half time. Daryl Flynn and David Whyte sent off and Adam Tyrell missed a penalty

embarrassing by Celbridge!

• Advertisement

FT

Moorefield 0-11
    Celbridge 0-9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Heard Cian o Neill on the radio talking about the championship in general and he was saying it was a disappointing all over for the county, its a pity no one else in the county can stand up against the newbridge teams..

The only positive that can be taken from that match is that Moorefield could genuinely have the real grit to make an impact on the provincial championship now.
    Whatever about today, Celbridge are a good team and you don't beat good teams when they have a two man advantage without being a very good team yourself.

well done to the clane minors too today.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

The only positive that can be taken from that match is that Moorefield could genuinely have the real grit to make an impact on the provincial championship now.
    Whatever about today, Celbridge are a good team and you don't beat good teams when they have a two man advantage without being a very good team yourself.

Against much better opposition than celbridge. Will suspensions carry over?

OttoPilot wrote: »
    Against much better opposition than celbridge. Will suspensions carry over?

Of course. But Celbridge are far from a poor team. And with 2 man less on a wet day, the odds were very much against any team, even when they were 5 points up on 20 minutes when they went down to 13, you would imagine Celbridge were still favourites.

I dunno. How can any team win a match with 13 men for 45 minutes? If your any sort of a team you should beat your opposition at that unless the gap in club football in kildare is that big?
    I don't think it is but moorefield are dogs that keep going. I wish there was more rivalry with clubs within the county

Winners of Carlow and Louth in the Leinster Championship

• Advertisement

Can't see anything but another Kildare/Dublin Leinster Final agin.

Carlow/Louth and then Westmeath/Laois/Wexford in semis

Advertisement