Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Kildare will be treated to a garbage bag full of popcorn money and the match will be played in Croker.

I'd safely say they were already offered a pile of cash and turned it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hope kildare stick to their stance on this. Fair fux

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The GAA will back down and the game will rightly be played in Newbridge. If they don't I'd expect groundbreaking stuff to follow.

I hope you're right but I'm not sure they will as it would set a precedent. The GAA have been inept with this decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kildare will be treated to a garbage bag full of popcorn money and the match will be played in Croker.

Think this is what the end result will be. Four or five new clubhouses and everything goes away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

As a Laois man I'd like to say fair play to Kildare.
    Don't back down now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

MFPM wrote: »
    I hope you're right but I'm not sure they will as it would set a precedent. The GAA have been inept with this decision.

What the GAA are trying to do now would be a precedent. Kildare are entitled to the game in Newbridge. You're dead right though, the GAA have been inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Think this is what the end result will be. Four or five new clubhouses and everything goes away.

I wouldn't think so - purely because this appears to be player led.
    County boards including Kildare's have always taken the dollars and played
    championship games in Croke Park. Then complain about Dublin's advantage.
    In this incidence the Manager is putting his foot down and he claims the players are fully behind it. Once you commit to making a principled stand you look really
    bad if you back down. They'll be kind of locked into it.

It will all lend a farcical air to the whole championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Mayo fan here. hope to see ye lads in Newbridge on Saturday. but I hope we beat ye too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

No surrender:

It's a great move, completely justified and will get savage interest.

At last a game where is will be 31 vs Mayo for a change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Kildare lads have marched to the top of the hill so now need to walk down the other side and not turn back and go down the way they came.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Is it true that the Kildare County Board originally agreed to the fixture in Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I wish we had had the stones Kildare are showing now. Keep her lit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

As a Tipp man I hope Kildare stick to their guns and tog out @7 in newbridge on Saturday nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

SKY TV had an input to this also

So is that why Cavan choose Enniskillen and Kildare were asked for an alternative venue? You're talking ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dollar bill

So is that why Cavan choose Enniskillen and Kildare were asked for an alternative venue? You're talking ****e

Why Croke Park? Why not any other stadium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

munster87 wrote: »
    Some things are hard to grasp. Such as there v their.

That's not necessarily hard to grasp. That's a typo.

The idea of the a team togging out at a venue where there's no match - now that's a bit of a riddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Powerhouse wrote: »
    That's not necessarily hard to grasp. That's a typo.

The idea of the a team togging out at a venue where there's no match - now that's a bit of a riddle.

Hardly a riddle when they have explained why not turning up.

Hardly a riddle when they have explained why not turning up.

But they are turning up...…………just at the wrong venue. That's a riddle. If they weren't turning up that'd be their entitlement. Why they are turning up at Newbridge is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

deiseach wrote: »
    I wish we had had the stones Kildare are showing now. Keep her lit!

Walsh Park should will possibly, will, might be ready for the 100th Anniversary of the Civil War :rolleyes: I doubt the Waterford County board got any extra money for relinquishing home venue, they don't have the brains to negotiate a deal like that

Hope Kildare stick to their guns, they are 100% right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I really hope this goes ahead in Kildare. They're dead right to stand their ground. From a mayo fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Why Croke Park? Why not any other stadium?

Probably because Cavan agreed to play in CP. If they stuck to their guns and insisted on Enniskillen i think a Leinster venue would have been chosen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

But they are turning up...…………just at the wrong venue. That's a riddle. If they weren't turning up that'd be their entitlement. Why they are turning up at Newbridge is beyond me.

It's simple first out of the draw gets home advantage
    Why change the rules
    If the capacity is only 2000 only 2000 get tickets it's not that hard to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Why change the rules
    If the capacity is only 2000 only 2000 get tickets it's not that hard to understand

Mayo have 3500 season tickets. Both season tickets lists are full.
    1500 @ 25 a head. Not to mention the day trippers and dublin based mayo fans. That's a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

irishgeo wrote: »
    1500 @ 25 a head. Not to mention the day trippers and dublin based mayo fans. That's a lot of money.

But as said before a season ticket dosent guarantee entry if the capacity is less for away supporters

Why change the rules

Gosh, I don't know. I'd nearly have to be as clever as you to grasp such convoluted theory.

In the meantime what's wrong with letting everybody who wants to see the game do so in some comfort in Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

Gosh, I don't know. I'd nearly have to be as clever as you top grasp such convoluted theory.

In the meantime what's wrong with letting everybody who wants to see the game do so in some comfort in Croke Park?

What’ wrong with that is Kildare want their home advantage that they fairly won in the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Then GAA shouldn't have set the rule that first team drawn gets home advantage.

It shouldn't be about the money,Kildare are the home team and that should be respected. If it means less money for the GAA then thats just unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

All of which was known before the draw was made yet the GAA made stipulations about venues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Is it true that the Kildare County Board originally agreed to the fixture in Croke Park? That is what I was told. If true, Kildare have no right to complain, seems like a combination of twitter misplaced outrage and a manager trying to create a siege mentality.

Advertisement