Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Maynooth the easiest draw they could have gotten but a semi-final against one of Sarsfields/Athy/Celbridge will be very interesting. All three going well. Sarsfields have already beaten them this summer. Athy have added a bit of steel with McCarron's addition. Celbridge have Kevin Flynn back and Conway is the form footballer in the county.

Quarter final draw is a bit underwhelming but the two semi finals should be crackers.

Id say Eadestown myself tbh is the easiest draw. But the Moores will beat Maynooth. It wont be a handy one though. With Donnellan at full forward Maynooth have an extra dynamic.

Its been a poor championship all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Id say Eadestown myself tbh is the easiest draw. But the Moores will beat Maynooth. It wont be a handy one though. With Donnellan at full forward Maynooth have an extra dynamic.

Its been a poor championship all in all.

Moorefield couldn't draw Eadestown. Teams that won this weekend were in a seperate pot to the 4 group winners.

Moorefield couldn't draw Eadestown. Teams that won this weekend were in a seperate pot to the 4 group winners.

Apologies.

Madness again though. Why do they have to complicate something that doesnt need to be.

Three repeat ties in the SFC and I think all four in the IFC will be repeat ties provided Kilcock beat Milltown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Felt carbury should of put jtb to the sword today. Very disappointed with the result. A lot of giving off about the ref but I think they should of been home and hosed at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Thats a tasty semi final duo of matches

Any views on the hurling.?

Think Naas will win both Junior and Intermediate.

Ardclough and coill dubh could be a cracker tomorrow.

Any views on the hurling.?

Think Naas will win both Junior and Intermediate.

Ardclough and coill dubh could be a cracker tomorrow.[/QUOTE

Johnny byrne is some athlete!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Davy Burke is the new Wicklow manager for a 3 year term all the best to him

Newbridge derby in the senior final again.

Celbridge a big let down at the semi final stage as usual. They showed little ambition in attack and Sarsfields were full value for their win.

The second semi final was exciting. Athy will rue their slow start to the game. Moorefield will probably be favourites for the final but Sarsfields will be gunning to stop their 3-in-a-row and will feel they have a great chance if Ben McCormack is fit to play.

Meanwhile Kill were relegated to the JFC after an agonising extra time loss to Ellistown. Been coming for a few years and a lot of players not available this time round. Hopefully junior football will provide a chance to rebuild.

Monasterevan back to Senior Football in 2020.

Monasterevan back to Senior Football in 2020.

They'll be straight back to intermediate I think

Excellent county final. Sarsfields probably shaded it but typical Moorefield to hang in there after they had been reeled back. Barry Coffey was outstanding. Hopefully it wasn't a serious injury for Roli. Another bumper crowd next weekend for the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I had a lovely yankee filling up, Tir Chonaill London, Rathdowney Erril Laois, Rynaghs Offaly and all coming together on Moorefield. Got a three figure sum but if Moorefield had held on it would have been over a grand. Grrrr!

Great game. Ref was ok. Didnt pick up on a lot of cynical Moorefield stuff. Moores for the next day.

Great result for Sarsfields and Davy Burke to deny their town rivals the three in a row. Worthy winners on the balance of the two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

2020 NFL Fixtures

26.01.2020 (Sun)
    St. Conleth's Park Newbridge 14:30
    Cill Dara v Fear Manach

02.02.2020 (Sun)
    Cusack Park Ennis 14:00
    An Clár v Cill Dara

08.02.2020 (Sat)
    Athletic Grounds Armagh 19:00
    Ard Mhacha v Cill Dara

22.02.2020 (Sat)
    St. Conleth's Park Newbridge 14:30
    Cill Dara v Ros Comáin

29.02.2020 (Sat)
    MW Hire O'Moore Park Portlaoise 19:00
    Laois v Cill Dara

15.03.2020 (Sun)
    St. Conleth's Park Newbridge 14:00
    Cill Dara v An Cabhán

22.03.2020 (Sun)
    St. Conleth's Park Newbridge 14:00
    Cill Dara v An Iarmhí

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Does anyone know the 2020 Feile dates for hurling and football yet? I know the Dublin dates are April 18/19 (hurling) and May 2/3 (football) but looking for Kildare dates. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lillielad

Team v Longford

Aaron O'Neill

Liam Healy
    Eoghan Bateman
    Shea Ryan

Johnny Byrne
    David Hyland
    Kevin Flynn

Pascal Connell
    Liam Power

Tony Archbold
    Niall Kelly
    John Tracey

Jack Robinson
    Dan Flynn
    Neill Flynn

The half back Line and the full forward line are as good as anything out there if Neil Flynn can get back to form...Cant wait to see Jack play for the seniors.

The likes of Eoin, Mick, Fergal, Cribbin x2 Moolick, Kev Feely, possibly forgetting more we have the makings of a great team.

lillielad wrote: »
    Team v Longford

Aaron O'Neill

Liam Healy
    Eoghan Bateman
    Shea Ryan

Johnny Byrne
    David Hyland
    Kevin Flynn

Pascal Connell
    Liam Power

Tony Archbold
    Niall Kelly
    John Tracey

Jack Robinson
    Dan Flynn
    Neill Flynn

The half back Line and the full forward line are as good as anything out there if Neil Flynn can get back to form...Cant wait to see Jack play for the seniors.

The likes of Eoin, Mick, Fergal, Cribbin x2 Moolick, Kev Feely, possibly forgetting more we have the makings of a great team.

The midfield pair of power and connell wont be good enough to offer competition for places. I think Robinson will struggle at this level. Good to see Kevin Flynn back. Id hope that O'Neill will offer some competition for Donnellan who has gotten into a comfort zone at this stage.

The midfield pair of power and connell wont be good enough to offer competition for places. I think Robinson will struggle at this level. Good to see Kevin Flynn back. Id hope that O'Neill will offer some competition for Donnellan who has gotten into a comfort zone at this stage.

Robinson offers far more than nash imho.. he was showing for every ball and intelligent when he got it. i thought it was a good performance for a man who has no real intercounty experience. We were missing dan flynn at ff. Nash is far too small to take on that role. Donnellan needs to be dropped, he makes at least 1 massively stupid mistake per game. Needs to be feely and luke flynn in midfield

Robinson offers far more than nash imho.. he was showing for every ball and intelligent when he got it. i thought it was a good performance for a man who has no real intercounty experience. We were missing dan flynn at ff. Nash is far too small to take on that role. Donnellan needs to be dropped, he makes at least 1 massively stupid mistake per game. Needs to be feely and luke flynn in midfield

Wouldn't disagree with most of that. I think Shane McNamara was on the panel a few years back as backup to Donnellan. Be interesting if they could get him back and offer him some league games. Obviously O'Neill could be rotated with Donnellan but I was impressed with O'Neill for Carbury out the field. Lad is a serious athlete. Luke Flynn is obviously good enough to play at midfield and is probably more mobile that Tommy Moolick but I'd say there must be a reason as to why he hasn't nailed down a place on the panel let alone the starting 15.

Wouldn't disagree with most of that. I think Shane McNamara was on the panel a few years back as backup to Donnellan. Be interesting if they could get him back and offer him some league games. Obviously O'Neill could be rotated with Donnellan but I was impressed with O'Neill for Carbury out the field. Lad is a serious athlete. Luke Flynn is obviously good enough to play at midfield and is probably more mobile that Tommy Moolick but I'd say there must be a reason as to why he hasn't nailed down a place on the panel let alone the starting 15.

First game of the season and most of the jtb men were at a teammates wedding on the friday. Luke is on the panel so be hoping to see him possibly this weekend. Aaron is flying for the club all right but he is our best option for kildare in Goals... if he doesn't go to oz. Hopefully fergal conway takes the 6 jersey this yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

HT Wicklow 2-6 Kildare 1-3. Kildare have scored the last 3 points in the half though. As a Clare fan, I'm most intrigued into how the Lilywhites are getting on, with my own county set to take on the Cill Dara men in the 2nd round of Division 2 of the NFL, on February 2nd in Ennis.

Kildare have scored 1-9 without reply against Wicklow. With 10 mins left remaining in the O'Byrne Cup match against the Garden County, its

Kildare 2-9 Wicklow 2-6

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Won 2-14 to 2-7 in the end. Chris Byrne and Dan Flynn with the goals. Wouldn’t be concerning ourselves too much with O’Byrne Cup lots of squad rotation and dirty conditions for football

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Won 2-14 to 2-7 in the end. Chris Byrne and Dan Flynn with the goals. Wouldn’t be concerning ourselves too much with O’Byrne Cup lots of squad rotation and dirty conditions for football

It was a cold day in the stand. Good to see flynn back terrorising full backs & robinson came out of his shell and showed what hes capable of!!

Advertisement