Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Pitman-Moore were sponsors from 1991 until 1993. Tegral were with the footballers for 20 years. The hurlers have had a few different sponsors in between including Hewlet Packard and Kildare @ A Click.

Kildare were always going to be doing well to even match what Tegral were putting in. It's a decent deal all told. The best part is that it covers the footballers, hurlers, underage teams and ladies football. The logo on the jersey doesn't look great but that's only a small thing.

Jersey is actually rather nice ignoring the Brady badge though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

In fairness I think if the badge didn't actually say "Ham" the whole thing would be smashing. Still a very, very nice jersey IMO.

keane2097 wrote: »
    In fairness I think if the badge didn't actually say "Ham" the whole thing would be smashing. Still a very, very nice jersey IMO.

Agree fully but first Kildare shirt I think has touch of class it's lovely..

ONEILLS I WANT MINE NOW!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

I suppose it was the best they could get alright. But if Tegral were giving 70k or 90k or whatever to the Senior team, and now they have 100k a year between Seniors Mens, Ladies GAA, the hurlers etc it would seem to be a major drop.

If Tegral were giving €90k pa , I don't think it would be that much of a decrease.

Given ladies football is pretty much still completely independent I doubt they are included in the deal.

How much would the hurlers have gotten in sponsorship?

Have to save whoever did this deal deserves a lot of credit.

From what I've heard other counties are having issues with getting sponsors for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

The deal Tegral also included the hurlers and all underage teams. This new deal is about the best we could have hoped for. It gives the county teams a bit of security for the next three years which was not there with Tegral in recent years given the state of the construction industry. The agriculture and foods sector is thriving at the moment.

• Advertisement

The deal Tegral also included the hurlers and all underage teams. This new deal is about the best we could have hoped for. It gives the county teams a bit of security for the next three years which was not there with Tegral in recent years given the state of the construction industry. The agriculture and foods sector is thriving at the moment.

I for one think its a great deal for us and bradys..

Also lovely to be involved with a home company like bradys..

I'm just glad to see sponsor inplace was started to get worried that we might struggle in this climate to get a valuable sponsor..

Down by one at half time in the O'Byrne Cup Final - eight points to seven. Some of the youngsters leading the way for Kildare. Niall Kelly, Paddy Brophy and Daniel Flynn more than holding their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Niall Kelly and Paddy Brophy have kicked 2 points each. All Kildare's scores have come from play while all but 2 of Dublin's have come from frees. Very encouraging.

Mikey Conway, Seanie Johnston, Padraig O'Neill, Tomas O'Connor and Morgan O'Flaherty all dropped from last week.

Great to see the young lads showing no fear in front of the posts. There's hope there for the future.

TOC on for Robbie Kelly.

10 points to 8. Bolton narrows the gap but he could have worked a goal chance.

• Advertisement

JD ties it up at 10 apiece.

Dubs by 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

come on kildare ..:)

Hugh McGrillen levels it up with a fine point

Dubs hit the front again

All square!!! 3 minutes left.

Level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭passremarkable

All square!!! 3 minutes left.

just keeping an eye on it here on PP

tyrone are stomping monaghan

45 for Kildare, Conway to take it. Surely this will win it.

• Advertisement

Fuck! Wide. :(

Seanie kicks a wide. We are kicking this away.

All over. ET.

Poor miss by Johnston. Extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

And Bolton hit the crossbar. Well on top for the last 5 mins and should have finished the Dubs off. Either way some very encouraging performances from all the Kildare new lads. A tremendous game of football for the time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Sounds like a cracker - not bad for a miserable night in January.. Are conditions bad?

To Alcohol wrote: »
    And Bolton hit the crossbar. Well on top for the last 5 mins and should have finished the Dubs off. Either way some very encouraging performances from all the Kildare new lads. A tremendous game of football for the time of year.

However extra time goes it is great preparation for next weekend.

dublin drawing after costing me a nice bit..

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Sounds like a cracker - not bad for a miserable night in January.. Are conditions bad?
    Actually not too bad, it's windy but not gale force . Not much rain either. Great game!

• Advertisement

Hudson point for Dublin. 15-14.

Advertisement