Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Jesus, all the Johnston haters are out in force. The man has one bad game and all of a sudden he's a bottler and not good enough? celt262, why don't you worry about your own county's game today and don't worry about Kildare.

Johnston's performances will always come under more scrutiny simply because of who he is. It's unfortunate but it's only natural that people will focus on him. He's a maverick type of player who could be a match winner if things fall right for him but I don't see him starting for Kildare once Alan Smith returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jesus, all the Johnston haters are out in force. The man has one bad game and all of a sudden he's a bottler and not good enough? celt262, why don't you worry about your own county's game today and don't worry about Kildare.

That's fairly harsh to be honest. Celt wasnt attacking Kildare he was commenting on Johnstons performance. And he is right seanie had a bad game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭celt262

It was a typical SJ performance against a top team that's all i was saying.

I don't worry to much about Kildare i watched the game so think i am entitled to comment on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

celt262 wrote: »
    It was a typical SJ performance against a top team that's all i was saying.

I don't worry to much about Kildare i watched the game so think i am entitled to comment on it.
    You were worried enough to come in here and comment on one players performance. There was another 35 odd players on show last night. No comment on the game itself no? Just on Seanie Johnston. You were trolling.

If he had a great game and I went into the Cavan thread and gloated about it, I would no doubt be banned for trolling.

Excuse me i was not trolling i stated a fact about a player.

How come my comment annoys you so much?

• Advertisement

Excuse me i was not trolling i stated a fact about a player.

How come my comment annoys you so much?

Some fans are still raw bout seanie gate from last year

I personally couldn't give a flying **** now we have better forwards he is a good squad player but not a starting player for us

Some fans are still raw bout seanie gate from last year

I personally couldn't give a flying **** now we have better forwards he is a good squad player but not a starting player for us

I don't see why a Kildare man has to be raw about :confused:

If he had a great game and I went into the Cavan thread and gloated about it, I would no doubt be banned for trolling.

Why would you gloat in Cavan Thread about a Kildare player?

Please go away. I won't be engaging with you anymore.

Perhaps the fact that it was one of the most divisive affairs in Kildare GAA history and there was a lot of disquiet in the county at what went on?

• Advertisement

Please go away. I won't be engaging with you anymore.

That's a relief.

Perhaps the fact that it was one of the most divisive affairs in Kildare GAA history and there was a lot of disquiet in the county at what went on?

Yeah but a lad throwing toys because i said he wasnt up to playing with big boys.

BORD NA MONA KEHOE CUP SEMI FINAL
    3rd February – Kildare 2-16 0-13 Derry

Kildare play Meath in the final next weekend.

The divide in the county was huge.. Lot of people's views on coill dubh went down for them allowing Johnston on the pitch for 30 seconds..

That's all behind us thank god here's to 2013.

The divide in the county was huge.. Lot of people's views on coill dubh went down for them allowing Johnston on the pitch for 30 seconds..

That's all behind us thank god here's to 2013.

I understand all that DK.

I understand all that DK.

The amount of game time Johnston got last year was it really worth coill dubh making a show of themselves? Never again will I respect coill dubh. The club commitee should hang heads with the joke that showed their club up in national press

The amount of game time Johnston got last year was it really worth coill dubh making a show of themselves? Never again will I respect coill dubh. The club commitee should hang heads with the joke that showed their club up in national press

I can feel your hurt and some would say it has even split Cavan Gaels down the middle but most around the county are glad to see the back of him,

Some Kildare people seem to be very quick to jump to his defense if he is critised and those that do will be very busy over the next few years if he stays with ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Here's an idea, let leave the whole [Seanie Johnston-Cavan Gaels-Coill Dubh-Residency-Intercounty Transfer] stuff from last season where it belongs, last season.

Everyone agreed? perfect. Now we can actually talk about the football (and hurling, handball, rounders and camogie)

Some Kildare people seem to be very quick to jump to his defense if he is critised and those that do will be very busy over the next few years if he stays with ye.

There's as many if not more who would be happy to see the back of him.

It's old ground at this stage and in fairness to Johnston he has kept his counsel and has his head down working away trying to make an impact. Looking at it from a purely football perspective, I don't think he will be a regular starter for Kildare at corner forward ahead of Johnny Doyle (first name on the teamsheet) and Alan Smith (excellent last year for both county and club).

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

klairondavis, I thought we'd all agreed.... sheesh!

• Advertisement

full_irish wrote: »
    klairondavis, I thought we'd all agreed.... sheesh!

'Purely football perspective' :D

Should be interesting to see how we line out against Cork on Saturday. They ran through us at will last summer and Donegal did the same at stages in the second half at the weekend. We will need another big game from Brian Flanagan and we might see Foley positioned on our own forty to try and block up the space. I could also see either Eoin Doyle or Morgan O'Flaherty coming back into the backs to try and crowd out the space and stop Cork running through us.

The forward line will probably remain the same. Only possible change I can see would be Johnston dropping to the bench for either Eoghan O'Flaherty or Paddy Brophy. I think Smith might have to wait until the Kerry match to make his first appearance.

Ok I'm gonna leave Johnston talk behind but last word on him overrated there I said it sorry lads..

Now hopefully cork won't turn up fighting back after Dublin game.. :(

Here's to a great adventure in division 1 lads love playing quality teams

Would love to see brophy starting against cork. ^^ignore lads^^

Reading the interview with Brian Flanagan in the Kildare Nationalist you get the impression that Conway at 6 is going to be persisted with and developed in the weeks and months ahead.
    “Mikey pulls the strings there at number six, he tells you where he wants you and how many he wants back, we just listen to him, he is a loud voice on the pitch, you hear him no matter where you are,” said Flanagan.

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/02/05/forward-flanagan-happy-to-do-the-back-peddling/

I think they see him as a sort of defensive organiser sort of like the scrum half in rugby. We can expect Flanno and/or Morgan will be played as defensive wing forwards to drop back whenever Bolton, Lyons, McGrillen or Peter Kelly drive forward.

Reading the interview with Brian Flanagan in the Kildare Nationalist you get the impression that Conway at 6 is going to be persisted with and developed in the weeks and months ahead.

I think they see him as a sort of defensive organiser sort of like the scrum half in rugby. We can expect Flanno and/or Morgan will be played as defensive wing forwards to drop back whenever Bolton, Lyons, McGrillen or Peter Kelly drive forward.

Yeah mickeys gets way too much criticism. Emmett Bolton told me few months back that he does wonders on the pitch a real orchestrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Yeah mickeys gets way too much criticism. Emmett Bolton told me few months back that he does wonders on the pitch a real orchestrator.
    I have to I've been really impressed by Conway anytime I've seen him play. Can never understand why he gets a hard time off some Kildare supporters.
    Best of luck to Kildare in division 1 this year. Great for them and great for Leinster football.

I'm not a huge fan of Conway. If he is persisted with at CB I can't see us doing anything this year. He is more suited to wing back where himself and Bolton have license to roam. IMO Conway is weak in the tackle and lacks pace. He possesses the best left foot in the country though, no doubt about that.

With Callaghan, Smith, Morgan Flah and Daryl Flynn out, I'd like to see this team for Cork.

Connolly
    Lyons
    Foley
    Kelly
    Conway
    Flanagan
    Bolton
    White
    Daniel Flynn
    Eoghan O'Flaherty
    Niall Kelly
    McNally
    JD
    O'Connor
    Brophy

That leaves a pretty strong bench with the likes of McGrillen, Rob Kelly and Johnston.

Also, what is the situation with this years captain, Conway was captain for the O'Byrne Cup but Peter Kelly was captain the other night even though JD was starting. I wonder is it going to be changed around for every game?

Felexicon wrote: »
    I have to I've been really impressed by Conway anytime I've seen him play. Can never understand why he gets a hard time off some Kildare supporters.
    Best of luck to Kildare in division 1 this year. Great for them and great for Leinster football.
    thanks felex.

bad start for meath, hope you get out of division 3 this year. meath are too good a football county to be that far down the pecking order. but change is needed urgently in meath camp i know a guy big into skryne football and he is giving out ****e bout the county setup in meath

I'm not a huge fan of Conway. If he is persisted with at CB I can't see us doing anything this year. He is more suited to wing back where himself and Bolton have license to roam. IMO Conway is weak in the tackle and lacks pace. He possesses the best left foot in the country though, no doubt about that.

With Callaghan, Smith, Morgan Flah and Daryl Flynn out, I'd like to see this team for Cork.

Connolly
    Lyons
    Foley
    Kelly
    Conway
    Flanagan
    Bolton
    White
    Daniel Flynn
    Eoghan O'Flaherty
    Niall Kelly
    McNally
    JD
    O'Connor
    Brophy

That leaves a pretty strong bench with the likes of McGrillen, Rob Kelly and Johnston.

Also, what is the situation with this years captain, Conway was captain for the O'Byrne Cup but Peter Kelly was captain the other night even though JD was starting. I wonder is it going to be changed around for every game?
    i think best player from each previous game should be awarded captaincy and they can wear it like a badge of honor....

CILL DARA ABU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

Interesting.

Advertisement