Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

^^Ignore^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Calm down or I'll hand out bans

Mod

Ok again on topic,,

Do you think we can stop cork running at us like last summer? Think team from last year were lacking confidence this team seems to have grown balls.. Great to see cant wait for the game

Btw I know second half Donegal ran at defence but lads stood firm to get the result so well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Why would you drop McGrillen Fionn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Mainly to accommodate Brian Flanagan. I think Flanagan has been very good so far this year and I would like to see him at CB.

McGrillen is a very good defender but he can off days sometimes.

There's going to be some competition for places when the likes of Smith, Callaghan, Morgan O'Flaherty and Flynn return

• Advertisement

I would like to see more of a traditional stopper at centre back too but I don't think McGeeney is going to change his ways now. The last time Flanagan played at centre back from memory was in 2009. Leper played a few games there in 2010 but he was used in a similar type of role to what we are trying to do with Conway now. Morgan wore the 6 jersey the last two years but he was more of a sweeper with one of the midfielders dropping back to hold the centre. Cork and Meath exposed this tactic badly in Croke Park.

Indeed, that's why I cannot understand why he is persisting with it.

Anyone going to cork this weekend?? Bus leaves my locality at 330 back that same night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Bring glen Ryan back to no 6 problem solved.

Won't make the game this weekend but i just hope they don't freeze and get another hammering from cork it would wreak the good thing we have going at the moment.
    It will be tight and hopefully we can get one up on them as it would start setting us up nicely for the rest of the league.
    We will probably have to win at least 3 games to stay up in division 1 but looking at cork Kerry this week they could be the ones in danger of going down.
    Meath would have a field day playing them next year.
    So sorry i forgot that they are in division 3 heading for division 4 :-)

This time last year we were in danger of Division 3 football. We were propping up the table after getting our arses handed to us by Tyrone and Monaghan in the first 2 games. It's a funny old game.

• Advertisement

There are always some funny results at this time of year. You don't know which team has done a heavy training session the day before and which team is experimenting with new formations and tactics. Even if we were to win well on Saturday night, I doubt anyone would be getting ideas above their station. Football on heavy pitches in early February is a whole world away from the hard sod of Croke Park in high summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Bring glen Ryan back to no 6 problem solved.

Won't make the game this weekend but i just hope they don't freeze and get another hammering from cork it would wreak the good thing we have going at the moment.
    It will be tight and hopefully we can get one up on them as it would start setting us up nicely for the rest of the league.
    We will probably have to win at least 3 games to stay up in division 1 but looking at cork Kerry this week they could be the ones in danger of going down.
    Meath would have a field day playing them next year.
    So sorry i forgot that they are in division 3 heading for division 4 :-)
    We were a division 3 side when we destroyed you lot in the championship don't forget. You'd do well to keep the smart comments quiet until you beat a decent side in the summer months

Felexicon wrote: »
    We were a division 3 side when we destroyed you lot in the championship don't forget. You'd do well to keep the smart comments quiet until you beat a decent side in the summer months

Please don't tar with one brush. One poster made a comment referring to Meath and wasnt fair to be honest but pm him and air your thoughts Kildare thread has become a no arguing thread recently.

Also yes Meath were hammered in clones but they have always been a championship team. Slagging Meath off is low and there's no need for it.

I for one would love to see Meath turn good and win promotion. They are not a division 3 team really.. Just seem to be stuck in a rut..

Kildare last summer in no way did themselves justice the Meath game and cork games were terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

I wouldnt worry about Meath one bit yet. The mood in the camp seems to be good up there despite that setback last Sunday. Pucks of talent in the that panel, a better range of forwards than some sides in Division 1 and good men at the helm. Promotion would be ideal, but come Championship Meath will still be feared.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

I wouldnt worry about Meath one bit yet. The mood in the camp seems to be good up there despite that setback last Sunday. Pucks of talent in the that panel, a better range of forwards than some sides in Division 1 and good men at the helm. Promotion would be ideal, but come Championship Meath will still be feared.

This is a Kildare thread.

largepants wrote: »
    This is a Kildare thread.
    I was addressing a previous posters post, this is a discussion forum.

A discussion thread on Kildare GAA.

Im not engaging with you anymore because you're only here for one reason.

A discussion thread on Kildare GAA.

Im not engaging with you anymore because you're only here for one reason.
    I take offense at that accusation. You engaged with me, I did not seek to engage you. Please take back your comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

I take offense at that accusation. You engaged with me, I did not seek to engage you. Please take back your comment.

Oh would you ever pipe down and get ta' (expletive) with your faux-offence. Lets get this back on topic - I see a 4 point victory for Kildare.

Cormac to be fair if you were genuine and wanted to discuss a matter sensibly here I and more like me would be open to you posting opinions and discussing gaa related. But the problem that a lot have here is you have proved yourself troublesome here and a windup merchant. I can't blame anyone for being negative towards you tbh, it's well deserved attention that you get.

CILL DARA ABÚ

• Advertisement

Some interesting exerts from the county budget report:

- Kildare's spending on team preparation is 10% lower than the national average at 45%.
    - Fundraising makes up only 6% of the county board's coffers. This compares to the national average of 16%.

That second figure is a poor indictment on the organisation within the county. For such a populous and affluent county with a large following, we should be well above the national average for fundraising.

Some interesting exerts from the county budget report:

- Kildare's spending on team preparation is 10% lower than the national average at 45%.
    - Fundraising makes up only 6% of the county board's coffers. This compares to the national average of 16%.

That second figure is a poor indictment on the organisation within the county. For such a populous and affluent county with a large following, we should be well above the national average for fundraising.
    Does the first point relate to both footballers and hurlers?

On the second point are we really surprised? We have the second highest population in Leinster yet we are still up to our eyes in debt. Our county grounds are nothing short of a disgrace.

What we really need to know is are the KCB doing anything to address your first point. We need a bit of creativity with the CB to drive this.

Ok we're in the midst of a recession but we're still a Gaa mad county. There is no reason why this cannot be tapped into.

What we really need to know is are the KCB doing anything to address your first point. We need a bit of creativity with the CB to drive this.

Ok we're in the midst of a recession but we're still a Gaa mad county. There is no reason why this cannot be tapped into.
    agree, kildare are football gaa gaa ;)

jesus someone going to pathetic lengths to wind me up there searching through profile pics to get same pic as mine lol ah its sad really isnt it? just hope people dont associate him with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

jesus someone going to pathetic lengths to wind me up there searching through profile pics to get same pic as mine lol ah its sad really isnt it? just hope people dont associate him with me...
    Lol
    To be fair anytime I see that avatar on this thread I just assume its you and rarely read the name.
    Good job Cormac

Lol
    To be fair anytime I see that avatar on this thread I just assume its you and rarely read the name.
    Good job Cormac

Petty petty way of behaving to be honest. Ah well sure I suppose we all have to worship someone and it just happens to be that cormac worships/stalks me..

Still petty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Another great win for Kildare tonight. Niall Kelly is unbelievable. Good substitutions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Ye are flying Kildare buckos.................deffo moving in the right direction, excellent win over the langers

• Advertisement

Great result lads playing the football we all know they are capable of.. A very very proud Kildare man here tonight

CILL DARA ABÚ

commiserations to cork

Advertisement