Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Simpler times

image?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

They are taking money at the gate if anyone is outside

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Oh god you couldn't be well being a Kildare fan Kildare win by 2 my heart is pounding atmosphere electric in newbridge..

Well done Kildare and hard luck Kerry...

Dropped the phone in a panic here in conleths.... Jesus my heart Kildare seemed to go asleep in last 20 minutes...

Either way a win is a win

CILL DARA ABÚ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

See ye in Croker on Sunday Kildare buckos ;)

See ye in Croker on Sunday Kildare buckos ;)

Looking forward to it booty.. Kildare Dublin games never seem to disappoint..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Jaysus Klairon - didn't know you were in Pairc Tailtéann last night..

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Good win for Kildare yesterday. Kerry were hardly on fire but a win against them is rare enough to be worth celebrating! The kildare team look rejuvinated compared to last season. The players looked to be enjoying the match and showed far more confidence than nerves. They managed to move the ball up the field quite fast on a number of counter attacking occasions (and not so fast on others!) I thought the defence performed particularly well also. Mick Foleys man in the first half didnt get a sniff of the ball.

Some of last years weaknesses were quite evident again on sunday though.
    - Kildare kicked too many wides.
    - Tomas OConnor was very effective for the first third of the game. As time elapses on the pitch opposition teams seem to adapt to him though and his influence starts the wane.
    - Midfield is the biggest weakness i think. ONeill and Conway are both good players but Im not sure they're quite on the same level as other midfields in division one. Lynch and Flynn are a big loss. Seems like they've been injured forever at this stage!

Plenty of positives anyway. The lads look hungry, roll on the dubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

baztard wrote: »
    Good win for Kildare yesterday. Kerry were hardly on fire but a win against them is rare enough to be worth celebrating! The kildare team look rejuvinated compared to last season. The players looked to be enjoying the match and showed far more confidence than nerves. They managed to move the ball up the field quite fast on a number of counter attacking occasions (and not so fast on others!) I thought the defence performed particularly well also. Mick Foleys man in the first half didnt get a sniff of the ball.

Some of last years weaknesses were quite evident again on sunday though.
    - Kildare kicked too many wides.
    - Tomas OConnor was very effective for the first third of the game. As time elapses on the pitch opposition teams seem to adapt to him though and his influence starts the wane.
    - Midfield is the biggest weakness i think. ONeill and Conway are both good players but Im not sure they're quite on the same level as other midfields in division one. Lynch and Flynn are a big loss. Seems like they've been injured forever at this stage!

Plenty of positives anyway. The lads look hungry, roll on the dubs!

This doesn't look like its going to change... Kildare can't afford to kick the number of wides we always do when it starts getting to the business end of the season next week against Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

We have a report of the game here if anyone wants a sconce at it:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/allianz-football-league-report-kildare-vs-kerry/

Good to get the win but midfield problems persist, although Daniel Flynn was excellent throughout but we cannot be relying on a 19 year old. Paudie was well beaten by Buckley. He was conceding a good few inches in height and we cannot continue to surrender possession from our own kickouts. Connolly needs to work on these too. We badly need Daryl Flynn back.

A lot of the players looked a bit heavy legged, particularly Emmet Bolton. There has obviously been some heavy training going on during the three week break. Conway was unconvincing and although it's a work in progress I'm not sure if playing him as a sweeper will be effective against the top teams. He dropped back behind the 45 on all of the kickouts leaving Donchadh Walsh free to clean up breaking ball and set up attacks.

Big match for the u21s in Navan tomorrow night. There are high hopes for this group but our record at this grade in recent years is awful. Hopefully they'll go well and a few more can emerge as serious options for the seniors.

• Advertisement

have to agree with klairondavis we didnt look as sharp as we did in the first two games very sluggish.
    connolly was terrible with the kick outs we'll win nothing with him if he keeps that up just as well kerry didnt have the shooting boots on. but our work rate was good we are scoring goals and thats what wins matches if we click in our next game it will set them up nicely for the rest of the season.
    the dubs defence is not great and we could do damage to them there. id like to see peter kelly on brogan and maybe lyons could play a roll on brogan too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

Anyone know where I can listen to this Meath-Kildare U21 game tonight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Might be on LMFM which you can listen to online. Not sure though.

Should be a good game. Going more in hope than in expectation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

On paper Kildare have a very promising team but Meath have the advantage of a game behind them. It must be remembered that at minor level Dublin could not beat Kildare at 4 attempts and only for the GAA's refusal to give Kildare a weeks rest they would have won a Leinster.

Kildare 2-15 meath 1-9
    well done lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

Longford beat Dublin by a point. :D

Good to get our first win at this age level since 2009. Kildare looked very rusty early on and kicked some bad wides. Meath started brightly and the benefit of the match under their belts was evident. Kelly got a goal after a great run by Flynn which settled us down. Hurley was introduced into midfield and he made an immediate impact.

Much better showing after the break. We got a hold at midfield and Kelly was able to get a ready supply of ball into the full forward line. Fogarty and Brophy kicked some nice points. Cribbin got a run before the end. Add him and Hurley to the team that started and this team could go far.

Great result

CILL DARA ABÚ

Anyone heading to Croker??

yes ;)............................. id say we will see about 30 k for this game, what say ye kildare buckos ???? looking forward to this game, always a good oul tough game............

• Advertisement

yes ;)............................. id say we will see about 30 k for this game, what say ye kildare buckos ???? looking forward to this game, always a good oul tough game............

Yeah I imagine 25-30K

Great aul contests between lilies and sky blues. Apart from a few usual suspects from both sets of supporters the games always are a true spectacle.. In 2009 championship I seen at meaghers bar 6/8 louts even in numbers Kildare and dubs fighting ( bucking fools) after a fantastic day in the sun..

Win lose or draw we are gonna have a great contest.. Here's to Sunday in the capital..

Nothing like the pints in meaghers :)

Yeah I imagine 25-30K

Great aul contests between lilies and sky blues. Apart from a few usual suspects from both sets of supporters the games always are a true spectacle.. In 2009 championship I seen at meaghers bar 6/8 louts even in numbers Kildare and dubs fighting ( bucking fools) after a fantastic day in the sun..

Win lose or draw we are gonna have a great contest.. Here's to Sunday in the capital..

Nothing like the pints in meaghers :)

I dont drink champ......so it will be tea and sambos all the way for me lol............................cant stand all the scum that descends from all counties when things start to get interesting..................best of luck on the day..........If I see a cape blowing in the wind in croker ill know its you

I dont drink champ......so it will be tea and sambos all the way for me lol............................cant stand all the scum that descends from all counties when things start to get interesting..................best of luck on the day..........If I see a cape blowing in the wind in croker ill know its you

I have a batman badge on literally lol see who spots me..

Good luck Sunday though and enjoy the game booty hopefully both teams I lie hopefully Kildare will play well ;) either way I can't wait I bucking love Croker park gives me shivers going to games so much history so many memories pinnacle of Irish sport

CILL DARA ABÚ

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Remember lads, your hurlers are playing Wicklow in Croker before your footballers take the field. Ye should give them your support as well

Remember lads, your hurlers are playing Wicklow in Croker before your footballers take the field. Ye should give them your support as well

I always do hammer...

Shocking is all I will say.. Kildare look like a team dead on their feet. Wonder have they trained too hard?

They honestly look wrecked very disappointed today..

DUBLIN LOOK FRESH

CILL DARA ABÚ

1 point in second half... Something needs to change training wise obvious Kildare have overtrained Jesus I'm raging...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

1 point in second half... Something needs to change training wise obvious Kildare have overtrained Jesus I'm raging...
    Think it's more than over training to be fair. A big gulf in class between the two sides. Kildares distribution from the keeper was awful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Terrible display, Dublin looked the far better side.
    Pity their fans on the hill couldnt show even a small bit of class, their treatment of Seanie Johnson wasnt the best.

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »
    Think it's more than over training to be fair. A big gulf in class between the two sides. Kildares distribution from the keeper was awful

There isn't a massive gulf in class Kildare didn't contest kickouts and were dead on feet no energy from anyone..

Football wise we need to change training that heavy training before matches takes it out of players..

Any training in days leading to big game should be basics/ skills training

Advertisement