Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

blackbelt wrote: »
    Haha you really don't have a clue do you?I thought along with being the fittest team in the country, you were also the "best supported team in the country".Only 4,000 at the game last week, I say there were even less of you this week.

Hard luck to Loldare.:D:D

Lads report the post if you think it is Trolling. I have.

And he's a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads report the post if you think it is Trolling. I have.

And he's a mod.

I know black belt from here years.. I reported ill openly admit that no need for it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Haha you really don't have a clue do you?I thought along with being the fittest team in the country, you were also the "best supported team in the country".Only 4,000 at the game last week, I say there were even less of you this week.

Hard luck to Loldare.:D:D

That's a bit unnecessary. Kildare have as good a support as any other county and there's a loyal core who support the team through good times and bad (mostly the latter during my lifetime).

I don't know of anyone in Kildare who claims they are the fittest team around or anything of the sort. That just sounds like nonsense paper talk of which there is plenty about Kildare given how McGeeney is such convenient copy for poor journalists. Dublin are well used to that themselves in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Incidentally any sightings of Alan Brogan around. Or is he still "injured"?

What's with the "injured"? Something you're trying to tell us?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/gaa/positive-updates-for-lacey-and-brogan-586651.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Incidentally any sightings of Alan Brogan around. Or is he still "injured"?

If you had a clue yourself, he is still out having undergone surgery on a nasty hamstring injury.He came aggravated it in the Meath match last summer and was brought on against Mayo were it was visible he was nowhere near fit to play.

Thankfully he is back doing some lighter training with the panel.

• Advertisement

If you had a clue yourself, he is still out having undergone surgery on a nasty hamstring injury.He came aggravated it in the Meath match last summer and was brought on against Mayo were it was visible he was nowhere near fit to play.

Thankfully he is back doing some lighter training with the panel.

That's not what I'm told. This coming from a current Dublin panel member.

He was playing Today actually. I presume he would have a clue.

This is not the Dublin thread. If you want to discuss Alan Brogan I'd suggest to discuss it on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

That's not what I'm told. This coming from a current Dublin panel member.

He was playing Today actually. I presume he would have a clue.

Do tell.

This is not the Dublin thread. If you want to discuss Alan Brogan I'd suggest to discuss it on there.

Couldn't agree more klairon obvious stirrer in thread this evening no need for the sniping

Agreed. Although his problem isn't Hamstring related either as indicated by blackbelt.

I'll leave him ponder that thought. That's the last comment I'll make on it. But he's not injured.

• Advertisement

Mod or not no need for you taking the piss...

Had more respect for you before seeing you trolling

Big difference between trolling and healthy slagging or is GAA not a tribal sport anymore DK?Only March but In all fairness I have a lot of respect for you and Kildare in general but was it not 6 weeks ago we were on the receiving end of some slagging.I think one Kildare poster referred to us a "needle jockeys".

All i have to say is, sometimes you take your medicine and sometimes you give it.Afterall...there is always next week.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Mr. Wong wrote: »
    Wow.

So your "fans" only come out for the big games? Well done, you just confirmed what I've always believed about Dublin "fans".

Going by your snidy posts here in this forum about Dublin I am quite aware of what you believe, Now take your beating and dont be looking for some other imagined excuses you seem to have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Alright lads, calm it down a bit will ye? Both sides.
    Also, klariondavis is right, if ye wanna talk about Alan Brogan, do so in the Dublin thread.

Big difference between trolling and healthy slagging or is GAA not a tribal sport anymore DK?Only March but In all fairness I have a lot of respect for you and Kildare in general but was it not 6 weeks ago we were on the receiving end of some slagging.I think one Kildare poster referred to us a "needle jockeys".

All i have to say is, sometimes you take your medicine and sometimes you give it.Afterall...there is always next week.;)

If you honestly meant it as slagging/messing and not wind up I apologise but it looked the latter..

I have huge respect for Dublin I didn't call anyone needle jockey did I?

I'm like a wounded dog tonight sorry lads wife is getting it thrown at her too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Why would any fan pick and choose games?? Not fans if that's the case..

We have nothing to prove to anyone..

Really Dark Knight :confused: Well maybe they should change that attitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

You were trolling. You posted to deliberately wind up Kildare supporters i.e trolling. Don't try to dress it up as "healthy slagging".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

In fairness, it would be hard to miss that chin...
    That's funny. Bolton should have seen red. Of it was Connolly the world and its wife would be clamouring for a red.

If you honestly meant it as slagging/messing and not wind up I apologise but it looked the latter..

I have huge respect for Dublin I didn't call anyone needle jockey did I?

I'm like a wounded dog tonight sorry lads wife is getting it thrown at her too lol

Was dinner not on the table upon your arrival home?:pac:

Ah in fairness, been on the end of a hiding against Mayo in league,Tyrone and Kerry in championship over the years.Taken a lot of slagging but the best way is to laugh it off or give it back and just have the banter.Nobody dies as a result of todays game.Better to lose these sort of games and learn from it while still being in contention for a league semi final than lose it fighting sa relagation battle before the heat of championship.

Best of luck in the next round.

You were trolling. You posted to deliberately wind up Kildare supporters i.e trolling. Don't try to dress it up as "healthy slagging".

And making fun of a players physical appearance and bringing in the redundant argument of Dublins population isn't trolling?Very selective or just plain ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Kildare tried to play like Donegal. 2 men in the opponents half all the time and 13 men in their own half, most of whom were within their own 45m line. Simple strategy, but difficult to depend on counter attacks only. This strategy sort of worked for them in the first half but they were not good enough in defence to keep the scoring down. And in the second half their lack of fitness really showed.

I know there will be excuses about it only being the league and a poor day at the office for Kildare, but that is nonsense. The reality is that Kildare are nowhere near as good as they thought. That team isn't going anywhere this year. Thoughts of a Leinster and a Sam? Forget it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Dont be such a spoilt brat Wong........its 1-1 all in this seasons series and I reckon we will meet again at least in the league semis or final

Was dinner not on the table upon your arrival home?:pac:

Ah in fairness, been on the end of a hiding against Mayo in league,Tyrone and Kerry in championship over the years.Taken a lot of slagging but the best way is to laugh it off or give it back and just have the banter.Nobody dies as a result of todays game.Better to lose these sort of games and learn from it while still being in contention for a league semi final than lose it fighting sa relagation battle before the heat of championship.

Best of luck in the next round.
    good luck to ye too mr belt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Thought Seanie was a bit jaded in the second half, was the dual star knackered after the loss to Wicklow ?

HON THE GARDEN

dats_right wrote: »
    Kildare tried to play like Donegal. 2 men in the opponents half all the time and 13 men in their own half, most of whom were within their own 45m line. Simple strategy, but difficult to depend on counter attacks only. This strategy sort of worked for them in the first half but they were not good enough in defence to keep the scoring down. And in the second half their lack of fitness really showed.

That team isn't going anywhere this year. Thoughts of a Leinster and a Sam? Forget it!

I thought this myself.However at one stage I saw 6 players on Bernard Brogan.Other times 2-3 players and some dragging off the ball.Dublin seemed to run into traffic in the first 20 minutes of the game but then learned to vary the play by playing around it and mixing it up with long range scores.Kilkenny had a decent game and was unlucky not to get a few more scores on the board.

I think it would be a pity to see Kildare go down that route of playing football.I don't think they have the personnel that can quickly learn that style of play as opposed to the natural man on man,kick and catch style.As far as winning Sam is concerned I would agree but I wouldn't write them off for Leinster by any stretch.2010 was a year in which Dublin motored well in the league before struggling in the earlier rounds of the championship and Meath won it so lets be open to the possibilities.Kildare are a decent side but there are too many problem areas to suggest they will go all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cat in the sack

looks like kildare sh.t on the swing again, mind you they are a live time at it
    after cork last year and a Dublin team missing a good few who could start in the championship, sure a poor kerry team should have beaten them last week if they had their shooting boots on or Cooper was playing.

i never get this hype about kildare football what have they won

I don't know where people get this hype from either?

I don't know of any of the people who follow Kildare closely who have ever hyped this team. Just read through this thread. There's no talk about All Irelands or even Leinsters. I think you'll find the vast majority of Kildare people are quite pragmatic and they are far more aware of the team's limitations than most.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

This made me laugh, nobody from Kildare boycotted the game. Maybe you should be asking why a county with over 1 million people could only muster up 7 or 8 thousand fans for a top of the table clash.

Absolute nonsense, there was 23,000 in croker for Dublin v Mayo lady week. The Kildare county Board have no vision, the game could have been played on Friday night and have even gotten 30,000 but they cried Wolfe. Where was all the so called Kildare support today?? It was pathetic.

As regards Seanie Johnson he got little abuse from the hill today. Personnally you should earn the right to wear a county jersey and he has not its a comical situation created by a county of convenience.

Friday night is a non starter. It's totally unsuitable for players for a start. These lads have to work to earn a living like the rest of us. Who would compensate them for loss of earnings if they have to leave early on a Friday afternoon because they have to prepare for a match throwing in at 7 pm? There's plenty I would criticise the Kildare County Board over but to suggest that they should have bowed to pressure and given the green light to a Friday night fixture is wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

Mullet wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense, there was 23,000 in croker for Dublin v Mayo lady week. The Kildare county Board have no vision, the game could have been played on Friday night and have even gotten 30,000 but they cried Wolfe. Where was all the so called Kildare support today?? It was pathetic.

As regards Seanie Johnson he got little abuse from the hill today. Personnally you should earn the right to wear a county jersey and he has not its a comical situation created by a county of convenience.
    Same could be said for the Dublin hurlers. Where was all the Dublin support today? Oh that's right, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs were all on the box today.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

Friday night is a non starter. It's totally unsuitable for players for a start. These lads have to work to earn a living like the rest of us. Who would compensate them for loss of earnings if they have to leave early on a Friday afternoon because they have to prepare for a match throwing in at 7 pm? There's plenty I would criticise the Kildare County Board over but to suggest that they should have bowed to pressure and given the green light to a Friday night fixture is wrong.

The reality is a Friday night could easily start at 7.30 - 8.00pm. I would imagine there are a fair few of the Kildare panel that are working or studying in Dublin. If the desire was there it could happen.

I do remember 2 years ago that Mayo and Dublin had agreed to play a league game on a Friday night but the muppets in croker refused to sanction the game yet they demanded Dublin hurlers and footballers to play refixed league games midweek in Antrim and Armagh respectively so I doubt it would be hard for the Kildare panel to assemble on a Friday night for a game. Again there is no forward thinking regarding the promotion of our games.

Advertisement