Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

IFC Relegation Playoff:

Kill 1-13 Kilcullen 0-8

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Well done Klairondavis.

Big day tomorrow, I fancy Athy to sneak it against the Moores and Sarsfields should beat Naas.

Sarsfields should win comfortably enough. The second game should be a great contest. Dempsey has Moorefield playing great stuff. Athy's superior firepower to win the day by a point or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I hear that Moorefield will be without two players today as the lads are off with the army. Also if they win Flynn will be missing as he's of to get married .
    sarsfields should do it today with athy for the second match by 3 to 5 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Earley just came on for Sarasfields. Good to see him in action

• Advertisement

0-19 to 1-10 to sarsfields. Sarsfields played well in the second half just need to close down the butter fingers in the final.

Moorefield 2-9 Athy 0-10 Daryl Flynn got a straight red in injury time which will probably rule him out of the final.

Darly had gotten a yellow in the first half but he wasn't around for the final anyways as he is off to get married in mexico

What happened at the end was ugly but the standard of refereeing today was awful. It's no surprise that the players were getting frustrated.

Sarsfields will feel they have every chance in the final. It was magnificent to see the big man back in action.

The monthly county board meeting which was due to be on tomorrow evening has been postponed for a week.

• Advertisement

Strong rumours of Jason Ryan getting the gig. Strange to cancel a CB meeting. Wonder what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

dermot earley is an absolute hero...

Well its not jack o Connor he's after taking on the Kerry minors job.
    Hope its not Jason Ryan either. We need fresh thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

thats it im gonna throw my hat into the ring :pac:

barney rock would be a great manager imo

thats it im gonna throw my hat into the ring :pac:

barney rock would be a great manager imo
    that would be good, and they could give dean a transfer to st kevins.

I don't think Barney has any interest in county management anymore. He did a good job when he was with Celbridge but it must be nearly twenty years since he managed Westmeath and he must have had offers from other counties since then.

It does look like Jason Ryan is in pole position and he would probably be the safest choice. The meeting being postponed is probably a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's on a proposal to be put to the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I don't think Barney has any interest in county management anymore. He did a good job when he was with Celbridge but it must be nearly twenty years since he managed Westmeath and he must have had offers from other counties since then.

It does look like Jason Ryan is in pole position and he would probably be the safest choice. The meeting being postponed is probably a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's on a proposal to be put to the floor.

What about Justin McNulty that has just finished up with Laois?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I was under the impression that Jason Ryan wasn't interested in taking on a county job at the moment?

keane2097 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that Jason Ryan wasn't interested in taking on a county job at the moment?

So was I but those in the know are suggesting that he's going to be proposed next Tuesday. I heard several times that Glenn had the job too so you wouldn't know who to believe. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more twists and turns yet but everything seems to be pointing to Ryan at this point in time.

I have my doubts whether he is the right fit to be honest. I'd like to know what was the extent of his input this year particularly in the "plan" for the Dublin match but he does seem to be the safest option in terms of keeping the players onside and beggars can't be choosers at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Daniel Flynn looks all but gone as well I think? Has he been confirmed to Port Adelaide yet?

• Advertisement

That was provisionally agreed as long ago as last spring from what I've heard. He will leave after the intermediate final at the weekend.

Hears one I heard today that Tommy Carr is up for the job..
    One step forward three steps back. That's the county board for ya.

On a separate note what are peoples taught on the finals over the next few weeks

Hears one I heard today that Tommy Carr is up for the job..
    One step forward three steps back. That's the county board for ya.

On a separate note what are peoples taught on the finals over the next few weeks

Hell will freeze over before Tommy Carr manages Kildare!

As for the finals, I'd expect JTB to win comfortably this weekend and Two Mile House to finally get over the line in the junior final. Senior will be tight and a lot will depend on who lines out midfield for both teams. I'm guessing Chalky has gone back to the Lebanon and I doubt Dermot is ready for anything more than 10-15 mins. Moores without Flynn are a weaker proposition so a lot will depend on whether David Whyte is fit to start.

I think the winner of the minor football will come from the Naas/TMH replay and I can't see beyond Celbridge in the senior hurling.

Hell will freeze over before Tommy Carr manages Kildare!

As for the finals, I'd expect JTB to win comfortably this weekend and Two Mile House to finally get over the line in the junior final. Senior will be tight and a lot will depend on who lines out midfield for both teams. I'm guessing Chalky has gone back to the Lebanon and I doubt Dermot is ready for anything more than 10-15 mins. Moores without Flynn are a weaker proposition so a lot will depend on whether David Whyte is fit to start.

I think the winner of the minor football will come from the Naas/TMH replay and I can't see beyond Celbridge in the senior hurling.

Think whyte is gone off with the army too and wont be around for the final so i hear, but midfield is where that game will be won. I believe sarsfields are doing a whip around to pay for chalky to come home for the final. he went back out to the leb on monday.
    surely TMH will get over the line this year but ya never know they could be cursed like the mayo team..
    JTB have the players to run away with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Leinster SFC

First Round

Wicklow v Laois
    Longford v Offaly
    Westmeath v Louth

Quarter-finals

Wicklow or Laois v Dublin
    Longford or Offaly v Wexford
    Westmeath or Louth v Kildare
    Carlow v Meath

Semi-finals

Wicklow/Laois/Dublin v Longford/Offaly/Wexford
    Westmeath/Louth/Kildare v Carlow/Meath

A Nice Draw in some ways, some people would probably like a crack at the Dubs in the quarter finals but this I feel is the second best option. Two extremely tough games face us if we are to get to the final and if we overcome them games I feel we would be a bit better tested than the Dubs would be at the very least.

I would not be looking beyond the first game. Louth always seem to raise their game against Kildare while Westmeath will have a good preparation with a winter of division 1 football under their belts.

lets get a manager first and keep our o byrne cup title for 2014, some one should get on their bike and see if thomas o se wants the job.

Big win for TMH over Milltown in the JFC semi final tonight 2-17 to 0-4.

I fear we could see a similar scoreline in the other semi between Straffan and Castlemitchell.

TMH have a serious side for a Junior team. They will do well in the Intermediate if they win the Junior this year.

Looking forward to the Intermediate final tomorrow between Johnstownbridge and Castledermot. Both teams have excellent forward lines so hopefully we'll see some good scoring. I hope JTB don't run away with it.

• Advertisement

Kildare IFC Final:

Johnstownbridge 2-14 Castledermot 1-10

Advertisement