Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Two Mile House 0-15 Straffan 0-13

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Larries_Lad

What are peoples opinions on Jason Ryan as manager? Personally, I think its a bit of a cop out. He'll stick with the same panel of players and a lot of these are not good enough, simple as that. I've said it on this before, Kildare have some decent club players not getting a look in whatsoever. I hope he has a trial session to let these players have a crack at it.

Tony Donohoe U21 A Football Championship Quarter Finals:

Maynooth 2-5 Athy 1-7
    Celbridge 2-14 Round Towers 0-1

Semi Finals: Maynooth play the winners of Naas v Sarsfields, Celbridge play the winners of Balyna v Castledermot.

Balyna 0-10 Castledermot 0-9
    Sarsfields 0-14 Naas 1-8

Leinster Junior Football Championship Quarter Final:

Two Mile House 2-11 Emmet-Drumbaragh (Meath) 0-6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Maynooth 2-5 Athy 1-7
    Celbridge 2-14 Round Towers 0-1

Semi Finals: Maynooth play the winners of Naas v Sarsfields, Celbridge play the winners of Balyna v Castledermot.
    Maynooth play Balyna and Celbridge play Sarsfields.

• Advertisement

BNMC wrote: »
    Maynooth play Balyna and Celbridge play Sarsfields.

Celbridge are playing in the Leinster Intermediate Hurling semi-final next Sunday so I suppose their match with the Sash will be on Saturday?

Celbridge are playing in the Leinster Intermediate Hurling semi-final next Sunday so I suppose their match with the Sash will be on Saturday?
    Double header fixed for next Saturday in Hawkfield I believe.

u21 management for 2014:

Manager: Tom Cribbin (Clane)
    Selectors: Sos Dowling (Moorefield), Trevor O'Sullivan (Celbridge), Syl Merrins (Nurney)

Minor management for 2014:

Manager: Brendan Hackett
    Selectors: Brian Lacey (Round Towers), Aidan Minnock (Celbridge), Tadhg Fennin (Castlemitchell)

Brian Lawlor also ratified as the new senior hurling manager tonight.

Sarsfields beat Celbridge today by 2 points in the second u21 semi final. They will face Balyna in the final.

TMH are through to the Leinster Junior Final after beating Fenagh by 1-11 to 1-5.

Best of luck to the Moores tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Best of luck to the Moores tomorrow.

but lets hope the bookies get it right!!!!

Portloaise 1-9 to moorefield 0-08

At least the town still has sarsfields in the u21 final next week.:D

Moorefield still lack the quality forwards to make a big impact on the national stage. From 1 to 9 they would compete with anyone. I didn't see the game today but to only score one point from play says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

What are peoples opinions on Jason Ryan as manager? Personally, I think its a bit of a cop out. He'll stick with the same panel of players and a lot of these are not good enough, simple as that. I've said it on this before, Kildare have some decent club players not getting a look in whatsoever. I hope he has a trial session to let these players have a crack at it.

Did he not just trial three different teams in challenge matches with a lot of new non panel players?

Anyone know why did moorefield wore kildare jersey and Portloaise wore loais jerseys in today game??.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KE_LN90

Similar colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I think McStay was a better candidate, has the medals and experience of winning and analyses team tactics for a living, so would be sure to bring something in that regard. Not sure what Jason Ryan will do differently this year but sure we will have to wait and see, hopefully he will do the business

Once Glenn and Cian O'Neill were ruled out of the running it was always going to be Jason Ryan's job. I don't think McStay was ever a realistic candidate. I'd say he was only chancing his arm when he declared his interest during the championship draw.

Ryan has had a year to run the rule over the players and identify where he wants to make changes. He certainly talks a good game anyway so it will be exciting if he can get the players to buy into his plan. Personally I think he's up against it. There's quality in the underage teams but it's going to take them time to come good. If he's without Hurley and Dan Flynn then he has to find a midfield pairing and try to build a team around them. JD is still our go-to-guy and he's not getting any younger.

I am going to hold out and be optimistic. He seems to be trialing a lot of players and I would hope he will introduce a faster pace of play to the team.

Well done Two Mile House.

• Advertisement

Also well do to sarsfields u21s great win today.

Also well do to sarsfields u21s great win today.
    14 of the Sarsfields team that started today are eligible again next year. Scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 billy87

fair play to two mile house. my cousin plays for straffan they might have won leinster if they beat two mile house. two very strong teams at junior level.

14 of the Sarsfields team that started today are eligible again next year. Scary.

I know. Isn't it great ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    I am going to hold out and be optimistic. He seems to be trialing a lot of players and I would hope he will introduce a faster pace of play to the team.

It's a good time to take the position as Kildare underperformed last year.
    I thought McStay would have been a good shot to be honest.

Stoner wrote: »
    It's a good time to take the position as Kildare underperformed last year.
    I thought McStay would have been a good shot to be honest.

I would hope jason ryan will play a higher paced game, i am no tactical genius but IMO we seemed to play a lot of ball in to tomas o connor hit and hope stuff, i would hope all that might change

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    I would hope jason ryan will play a higher paced game, i am no tactical genius but IMO we seemed to play a lot of ball in to tomas o connor hit and hope stuff, i would hope all that might change

I hope we'll be seeing more of Brophy at full forward next year. He's still very young but he looks like he carries a lot more of a scoring threat than O'Connor.

Ryan needs to find a midfield and a centre back if Kildare are to get anywhere. I'm not sure if those players are out there in the county especially if Flynn and Hurley aren't available. Although having Chalky back is a plus. He looked like he was finally starting to come good before his tour of duty.

What's o' Connor like out the field a bit?
    I'm not 100% sure about Ryan, I know he certainly has more to play with at Kildare, would he know the lads coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Cant remember TOC ever getting a run at midfield. He plays there for his club, his main threat is his ability to win ball and lay it off - for some reason they tried mick Foley, johnny Doyle and even emmet Bolton there ahead of him. Maybe Ryan will take the chance this year.

• Advertisement

What's o' Connor like out the field a bit?
    I'm not 100% sure about Ryan, I know he certainly has more to play with at Kildare, would he know the lads coming through.

Advertisement