Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Dublin annihilated Offaly in the other minor semi final 6-13 to 6 points. Kildare will be going into the final as big underdogs now I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Dublin annihilated Offaly in the other minor semi final 6-13 to 6 points. Kildare will be going into the final as big underdogs now I'd imagine.

Might do us no harm at all. We were underdogs last year going to Parnell Park but that is a hugely impressive score that the Dubs put up tonight so Kildare can't start as slow as they have done in the previous matches.

Dublin had it just as tough against Longford as we had so hopefully that's an accurate gauge of where both teams are at and we get an even contest on Sunday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

The team lines out as follows:
    01. Mark Donnellan (Maynooth)
    02. Ciaran Fitzpatrick (Kilcock)
    03. Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
    04. Ollie Lyons (Celbridge)
    05. Emmet Bolton (Eadestown)
    06. Fergal Conway (Celbridge)
    07. Keith Cribbin (Johnstownbridge)
    08. Tommy Moolick (Leixlip)
    09. Gary White (Sarsfields)
    10. Cathal McNally (Johnstownbridge)
    11. Niall Kelly (Athy)
    12. Padraig O’Neill (St Laurences)
    13. Eamonn Callaghan (Naas)
    14. Padraig Fogarty (St Laurences)
    15 Paddy Brophy (Celbridge)

I doubt Brophy will be fit enough to play. Two weeks isn't a lot of time to get over a bad knock to the back. I would expect Eoghan O'Flaherty will start.

SHC winners group:
    Celbridge 0-22 Naas 2-14
    Clane 3-13 Confey 0-12

SHC losers group:
    Ardclough 3-9 Leixlip 1-9
    Éire Óg/CC 3-14 Maynooth 0-10

• Advertisement

A bit of pride restored, I'm half sorry I didn't make the trip up. Guaranteed to get the winners of Armagh Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Good days work..

Feel the meath game was terrible lads are much better than that made an average meath side look great in first half

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thediceman2011

There is 50/50 chance we will end up playing meath again that's if we win our next game and dubs beat meath next week, I have no doubt we would beat them next time we are no world beaters but still think we are better than meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Great win. We must be the most unpredictable team in Ireland.

You know it'll be Armagh next. Has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thediceman2011

Nib wrote: »
    Great win. We must be the most unpredictable team in Ireland.

You know it'll be Armagh next. Has to be.

Actually hoping for Armagh or Roscommon the more tough games this young team gets the better we are not going to win the all Ireland so the tougher games we get should bring this team on,

• Advertisement

Big improvement defensively. Lyons, Fitzpatrick and Conway very much to the fore. Moolick had a fine game at midfield and scored an absolute cracker of a goal at the end. Fogarty provided a great focal point up front and linked very well with Alan Smith. O'Neill and McNally got through plenty of work and Niall Kelly kicked some important scores in the second half after looking a bit off the pace in the first period. I thought Hugh Lynch also did well when introduced.

Kildare are still miles away from being the finished article but at least today they showed that they are capable of toughing a match out. Once Down leveled I think most of the Kildare support probably thought here we go again but credit to the lads for kicking on. Their pride was obviously badly stung after the Meath defeat and the response today was very good. I don't think we could have asked for much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Good days work..

Feel the meath game was terrible lads are much better than that made an average meath side look great in first half

Lol. Whatever let's you sleep at night

Felexicon wrote: »
    Lol. Whatever let's you sleep at night

Do you think that is a vintage meath team? Be fair now felex. While meath aint too bad they caught kildare on the hop.

Do you think that is a vintage meath team? Be fair now felex. While meath aint too bad they caught kildare on the hop.

It wasn't Kildare being caught on the hop rather managerial insanity allowing Bray being isolated against players unable to mark him. Meath are a second tier team like Kildare but tactically got things right on the day and wanted it more.

They are probably due a hammering from Dublin though.

I'd have no doubt if Kildare played Meath tomorrow they'd beat them.

Man for man Kildare are the better team.

It wasn't Kildare being caught on the hop rather managerial insanity allowing Bray being isolated against players unable to mark him. Meath are a second tier team like Kildare but tactically got things right on the day and wanted it more.

maybe not caught on hop and managerial silliness coming into it but meath are a weaker side than kildare thats for sure

maybe not caught on hop and managerial silliness coming into it but meath are a weaker side than kildare thats for sure

Ah jaysus man. How can you say that after the hidings we've given you the last two years we played you in Leinster. Face ut lads, as average as you might think Meath are, Kildare are a rung below when it comes to the business end of the season.

Probably but sure at least we'll really get to see what direction the team are going. It will be our first real test of the Championship

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd have no doubt if Kildare played Meath tomorrow they'd beat them.

Man for man Kildare are the better team.
    I'd say you would have said that on June 28th as well.

No meath are poor beat kildare or not ye are brutal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

No meath are poor beat kildare or not ye are brutal

Ridiculous statement. Meath gave Kildare a hiding two weeks ago.

Only Meath's inexperience in closing out the game resulted in the scoreboard being as respectable as it was.

I fancy Meath to give Dublin a good game next weekend. They stuck with the Dubs for 55 minutes last year but their bench cost them. From what I've seen, they've a better bench this year.

Ah lads, we're living in your heads rent free. You can't even enjoy a win without thinking of Meath.

Hon the Royal

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ridiculous statement. Meath gave Kildare a hiding two weeks ago.

Only Meath's inexperience in closing out the game resulted in the scoreboard being as respectable as it was.
    its called banter lemlin no need for you to get involved.... jaysus you always stick your nose in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Kildare would beat Meath if they meet again. Meath are in for a drubbing against the mighty Dubs and will then be beaten in the next round qualifiers. Kildare will go further than Meath in the qualifiers.

Beating a team by 5 points is now a hiding?

Christ on a bike.

its called banter lemlin no need for you to get involved.... jaysus you always stick your nose in this thread

I'd call the posts above trolling rather than banter tbh.

And last time I checked posters can post in any thread in the GAA forum.

We Cavan folk did have a 'unique' connection to Kildare over the last few years after all.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Ah lads, we're living in your heads rent free. You can't even enjoy a win without thinking of Meath.

Hon the Royal
    took me two minutes to get a meath reaction morelike you stalking the thread felex... ;)

as I said to cavans assistant manager all banter with the meath lads.. I wish ye well but your gonna get destroyed I fear Dublin are just awesome

Beating a team by 5 points is now a hiding?

Christ on a bike.

You must have only read half my post:

The game was over from five minutes or so into the second half.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd call the posts above trolling rather than banter tbh.

And last time I checked posters can post in any thread in the GAA forum.

We Cavan folk did have a 'unique' connection to Kildare over the last few years after all.
    well your not a mod so on your bike telling me I am trolling.

back to breffni with you.

• Advertisement

took me two minutes to get a meath reaction morelike you stalking the thread felex... ;)

as I said to cavans assistant manager all banter with the meath lads.. I wish ye well but your gonna get destroyed I fear Dublin are just awesome

Sure don't you know I wear a Kildare jersey to bed every night.

Unfortunately the heart is ruling the head and I'm starting to think we have a chance next Sunday.

Leave Lemlin alone too, the Cavan thread will be a fierce lonely place thissummer

Advertisement