Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Rucksack

Options
  • 21-07-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hey lads I did a search on this topic but want some more recent advice from people who have gotten rucksacks themselves in the last few years.

I'm headin to Oz in September and will be travelling around Asia for 3 months first.I broke my back two Summers ago so I'm fairly nervous about carrying a rucksack around for a year.

Does anyone have any reccommendations??? Any brands they found good??Esp anyone with a bad back :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

I myself suffer from back issues and while in Germany I bought one fromthese....

http://www.deutergb.co.uk/home.asp

Very comfortable and get loads in.

Bit pricey but definitely worth it....

Unfortunately for me mine went on the ''missing'' list on the way home from Munich.

Comfort is key ;) as you know and these deliver but like I said a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have a "Caribee" one, v.sturdy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Any key? wrote: »
    Hey lads I did a search on this topic but want some more recent advice from people who have gotten rucksacks themselves in the last few years.

I'm headin to Oz in September and will be travelling around Asia for 3 months first.I broke my back two Summers ago so I'm fairly nervous about carrying a rucksack around for a year.

Does anyone have any reccommendations??? Any brands they found good??Esp anyone with a bad back :)

If you have serious back problems consider something with wheels, doesn't have to be big suitcase plenty of hybrid bags with wheels from companies like North Face and Lowe Alpine.

If you are set on a backpack then your best bet is to go into decent outdoor store and get staff to fit you and advise you on what's best for you. Someone might recommend a backpack that fits them perfectly but might not suit you at all.

It's one area I'd advise spending as much as you need to get a bag with good support that fits you properly. As you know backpain is no fun and can really wreck a trip if you do any serious damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

If you get one with wheels remember that the bag itself will be heavier which means you won't be able to pack as much for weight restrictions.

I found the bag i want in a shop, €320. Found it on amazon brand new for €110. Steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I was thinkin that myself about the wheelie bags being heavy :)
    Thanks so much everyone for all your advice.
    Its given me lots of food for thought and will certainly be looking the bags up on amazon now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement