Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Broadband problems

Options
  • 21-07-2011 4:14pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems using their o2 Broadband?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

yea my cousin is having trouble with hers out in butlerstown. its really really slow, started around 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I got sick of waiting for them to resolve it and braved the long hold time to speak to tech support.

They advised that the 3G part of the network in Waterford city is not performing correctly and that their networks team are looking at it. Not at all happy though that they couldn't give me any indication as to what is causing it or a time for their next update on it. I have a sinking feeling that they can't cope due to congestion and if that's the case it could take ages before anything is done about it. My speeds on my iphone dropped from 1400kbps to 14 kbps. Ridiculous!

They advised me to disable 3G for the moment and use Edge. Working much better through Edge alright but nowhere near 3G speeds obviously.

I was given the broadband no. to get an update tomorrow but don't have it to hand right now.

I'd suggest everyone who sees this should call them. I know from experience that network issues don't even get looked at until they hit a certain level of examples and the agent I spoke to did advise they are collecting examples.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Each day I call I am given a different excuse. But they all say the mast is down and there having problems. I called the past three days about it and was told they were working on it but clearly no fix yet.

Today, I was told that they were advised in an email to lodge a ticket/report with the techs so they can triangulate the problem areas and fix them. So they are asking people to call and report the area the problem is in.

Nearly a full 5 days without broadband, absolutely disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Worth signing up lads, I always found the O2 reps there very helpful, Daryll springs to mind but most are very good.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/O2-Forum/ct-p/Forums

or bring any issues up here on the boards at talk to O2 again I think Daryll hangs around here also.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1479

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Does this work today for everyone? O2 said it was fixed at 3pm yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Working perfectly again for me now.

That EDGE stuff reminded me of when we had to wait for stuff to download. Remember those days where you did'nt mind waiting a minute for a page to load!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭truebloodfan

having problems also with o2 mobile broadband. even when i have signal i cant get on net, then other times it wont try edge or any other type it just stays on wcdma even when there is no reception on it. Plus even on its best day its to slow to even think of watching a youtube video, thinking of leaving it altogether and getting wifi put in the house,

"Remember those days where you did'nt mind waiting a minute for a page to load!"

a minute would be lighteneing speed compared to what i get

There is a lot of people complaining on the o2 Forum here on Boards. Its an awful broadband service

if they really cared about their service every one would have 3g coverage by now. it takes them ages to admit their is a problem, they just fob you off, have been waiting 3 years thinking that since gsm and edge is so old they would eventually have to replace there old masts but nope we in thewest arent worthy apparently and when they eventually admit there is a problem it takes forever to fix it. im leaving them

• Advertisement
Advertisement