Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpBB forum

Options
  • 21-07-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Might not be the place to ask this question - which just shows my ignorance even more - but I currently have a phpBB forum linked to my (convention) website which I know almost nothing about. Neither does my web designer.

What I want to do (apart from kill him) is to change it so that I don't have to approve every single post that goes through there. I'd also like it to be a little nicer looking but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

Does anyone know how to do that? Or where I would go to find out more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Click on Admin Control Panel - Misc - Permissions - Forum Permissions - make sure "Can Post without Approval" is set to "Yes"

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Ok, those words weren't exactly used and it was actually more complicated than that (so much so that I had been afraid to do anything). There was this whole, selected user bit that you had to do before you did anything else... I'm not great with this kind of stuff and was more worried that I'd break something...

But, really, thank you! I probably would have gone crazy trying to fix it... ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

No probs, that's what everyone is here to do.

Get help and share knowledge.

Take care

Just another question: How can I link back to the original site from the forum?

And what does this mean: Location, relative to the phpBB root directory, of an additional image to associate with this forum.
    ie something other than a weblink?

Look, I'm really sorry to keep posting here. Would there be anyone who's interesting in doing a bit of forum admin? It's a very small forum and just needs a few tweeks, stopping spam and the like. The guy who linked it into our site knows nothing about this particular forum and I don't know much about websites at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

nicowa wrote: »
    Look, I'm really sorry to keep posting here. Would there be anyone who's interesting in doing a bit of forum admin? It's a very small forum and just needs a few tweeks, stopping spam and the like. The guy who linked it into our site knows nothing about this particular forum and I don't know much about websites at all.

You should try adverts.ie (the commercial wing of boards.ie, effectively) if you want professional help.

Rule 1 of phpBB: Keep the software up to date
    Rule 2: Check the content several times a week
    Rule 3: Add a spam user's info to the block list straight away

Advertisement