Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remot controlled car

Options
  • 21-07-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi does anyone know where you can get a petrol remot controled
    car fixed as you can tell i am new to this :confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 largehead

what's n&f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

largehead wrote: »
    what's n&f

Its Newbies & FAQ where you must of posted the question in, but that is meant for questions about the site itself. So it was moved to this forum about models by the look of it.

What is wrong with the car.

cheers the car will only run with the glow stick in
    i have it about 2 years i got it just to have the craic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

largehead wrote: »
    cheers the car will only run with the glow stick in i have it about 2 years i got it just to have the craic

That usually means that a new glowplug is now required.

• Advertisement

thanks do you know where i would get one in galway

They can be very finecky as to what glow plug they will run well on as well when you get a new one. The old one should have a number stamped on one of its flat sides, so getting the same one would be ideal.

nice one robbie thanks are you into them

Im more into the heli`s and planes, but my son has one here, a nanda raptor it is. Has it 4 and half years. Good crack with it. When the new plug failed in it, as they can when the new engine is being run in, we tried a few plugs, could not get it running well. Eventually tried a firepower F4, ran perfect on that. As did another fellas smaller engine car.

F5 is a bit hotter a plug more suitable for smaller engines.

See can you see any letters/numbers on the plug in yours anyway.

What car is it?

i dont know what the make or modle is i got in the gadget shop in tallaght
    but its closed down now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

If you have time take a trip out to the lads in the galway model car club. The would probably be happy to give you a hand maybe tune the engine a bit. Always hard to root cause a problem with a engine without it infront of you.
    Check them out at http://www.gmcc.info/ Based next to motherhubards near oranmore.

Advertisement